• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd settle for Butler as a fallback option.....I just want something good to happen for the Lakers.
They'd probably get rid of Wiggins first.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what Aldridge doesn't get.

If the Spurs trade Kawhi for prospects, they aren't competing in the same window as LA, GS or Houston. They are looking further down the road.

So it really doesn't matter if there are 3 super teams in the West. SA isn't beating any of them anytime soon anyway.

I went over this earlier - the Spurs trade Kawhi and they're looking at a rebuild. If Pop is committed to a rebuild and continuing his career, I'm seeing a 3-year rebuild (probably longer).

Houston: Goes as CP3 goes (assuming he re-signs). CP3 probably has 3 more elite years left, if that.

GS: They have some hard decisions financially coming up very soon.

Pop needs to wait out Golden State and Houston. If Lebron goes to LA with Paul George, that's a 3-year window. If he trades Kawhi to the Lakers and they somehow get that trio together (Kawhi/Lebron/George), it's going to be longer.

I'm taking the draft picks from Boston. I'm also hoping that I can land this deal for Kawhi without giving up Tatum. I have a feeling that kid's going to be a super star down the road.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over this earlier - the Spurs trade Kawhi and they're looking at a rebuild. If Pop is committed to a rebuild and continuing his career, I'm seeing a 3-year rebuild (probably longer).

Houston: Goes as CP3 goes (assuming he re-signs). CP3 probably has 3 more elite years left, if that.

Pop needs to wait out Golden State and Houston. If Lebron goes to LA with Paul George, that's a 3-year window. If he trades Kawhi to the Lakers and they somehow get that trio together (Kawhi/Lebron/George), it's going to be longer.

I'm taking the draft picks from Boston. I'm also hoping that I can land this deal for Kawhi without giving up Tatum. I have a feeling that kid's going to be a super star down the road.

Pop just might retire after pondering his future this summer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presumably, Boston gives them the best assets and they'd avoid him being in the West.

Woj seems to agree :noidea:.

That's what gives me pause on Kawhi going to the Lakers - the Spurs and Popovich. Why would you help a rival? The Pacers set a precedent going forward for these type of situations.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK.....Who has more trade value?
Butler for sure.

He only has 1 year left.

But, Wiggins still has 4 underwhelming years left at max money.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop just might retire after pondering his future this summer.

Pop's wife has been sick for years. This wasn't a shock. Not everyone's built the same. In fact, you could say that basketball is a nice distraction for him.

No one has any idea if Pop's retiring this year or 10 years from now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Woj is right.

Brown and picks.

Brown and picks Trumps Kuz, Ingram 2 years of Deng and getting slaughtered by the Lakers super team 4 times a year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could’ve probably made your own PG deal with him and dieng. Now....you’re screwed.

George wouldn’t have done anything before he bolts anyways.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Woj is right.

Brown and picks.

Brown and picks Trumps Kuz, Ingram 2 years of Deng and getting slaughtered by the Lakers super team 4 times a year.

Yup. I'm unloading those boat load of assets to the Spurs. The Spurs seem to find gems every year in the draft. You offer them multiple chances to land another Manu, Parker or Kawhi and that's a nice consolation. Along with Jaylen Brown whom's someone you could play at the 2 or 3 (the 4 in small lineups). Boston's a big market and has a contending team in place with a really good coach. May give Kawhi something to think about.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop's wife has been sick for years. This wasn't a shock. Not everyone's built the same. In fact, you could say that basketball is a nice distraction for him.

No one has any idea if Pop's retiring this year or 10 years from now.

Sure, she's been sick for years....being sick isn't the same as dying. You never know how a person will react, especially since he has a lot of time off now to think it over. And he's 69.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'm unloading those boat load of assets to the Spurs. The Spurs seem to find gems every year in the draft. You offer them multiple chances to land another Manu, Parker or Kawhi and that's a nice consolation. Along with Jaylen Brown whom's someone you could play at the 2 or 3 (the 4 in small lineups). Boston's a big market and has a contending team in place with a really good coach. May give Kawhi something to think about.

Sorry but it’s going to take more than Brown and picks. And most of those picks are protected in a range, if I am correct. I want Kyrie or Heyward and Brown and possibly a pick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, she's been sick for years....being sick isn't the same as dying. You never know how a person will react, especially since he has a lot of time off now to think it over. And he's 69.

Who knows. You're speculating at this point.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this starting line up:
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Jason Tatum
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Al Horford

IMAGINE IT!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but it’s going to take more than Brown and picks. And most of those picks are protected in a range, if I am correct. I want Kyrie or Heyward and Brown and possibly a pick.

If the Celtics can land Kawhi, I'm sure they'll have no problem throwing in Hayward. The Spurs will likely need to throw in another play for the salaries to match. Problem is, the Spurs will be in full rebuild so they're probably not trying to gain another star which keeps them in mediocrity.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Jason Tatum
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Al Horford

IMAGINE IT!!

Nice lineup indeed. Unfortunately, one of those names are going, most likely Hayward.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Jason Tatum
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Al Horford

IMAGINE IT!!

If I'm a Celtics fan, I wouldn't want Kyrie on this team anymore.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics can land Kawhi, I'm sure they'll have no problem throwing in Hayward. The Spurs will likely need to throw in another play for the salaries to match. Problem is, the Spurs will be in full rebuild so they're probably not trying to gain another star which keeps them in mediocrity.
To add fuel to the conspiracy fires....

Remember this?

Great time to ship his ass back for Picks, prospects...

Don't be like the Clippers.

Completely bottom out.

Report: LaMarcus Aldridge called Damian Lillard about facilitating trade back to Trail Blazers last year

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice lineup indeed. Unfortunately, one of those names are going, most likely Hayward.
I agree with your earlier comment when it comes to Hayward... why on earth would San Antonio want him and his salary?