• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to the Clips

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing in all of this is I still remember 2014 vividly. Kawhi Leonard did the same shit to the Lakers (which impacts Lebron, and I'm not trying to start shit with Lakers fans) that Lebron did to the Heat in 2014. Strung along the team while free agents were going to other teams knowing where you were going the whole time, just to leave them hanging in the 11th hour.

is kinda reminiscent...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how bout Sam Presti? You got PG locked in for 3 or 4 years, and you let em go? They might as well blow it up

I can't exactly blame him for wanting to get below luxury levels for a team that was at best middling playoff

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj bomb just went off

Followed by another Woj bomb saying OKC is trading Paul George for a "record-setting collection of draft choices"
After weeks of false woj bombs of course.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again a major deal goes off and no one saw it coming.

Congrats to the Clips and to Kawhi.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Allows them to start the rebuild. The last one was so great that netted them zero titles.
You're right, but rebuilding isn't a bad thing for the OKC's of the world. If you aren't a true contender, then rebuilding beats mediocrity IMO. At least you are trying something. The picks are spaced out, some are from the Heat, and 4 are unprotected. They won't be a better team next season, but they will be better in the long run. If they can make a similar type of deal for Westbrook, they should pull the trigger on him too

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but rebuilding isn't a bad thing for the OKC's of the world. If you aren't a true contender, then rebuilding beats mediocrity IMO. At least you are trying something. The picks are spaced out, some are from the Heat, and 4 are unprotected. They won't be a better team next season, but they will be better in the long run. If they can make a similar type of deal for Westbrook, they should pull the trigger on him too

No one's giving up the cache for Russ as the Clips did for PG13. Thunder knew they could ask for a boatload given the circumstances surrounding Kawhi.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's giving up the cache for Russ as the Clips did for PG13. Thunder knew they could ask for a boatload given the circumstances surrounding Kawhi.
Yeah, I gotta disagree. The Thunder didn't know ''exactly who to call'', they called who George told them to call, and the Clips coughed up the picks. You don't think that in the entire League, there isn't a team, the Knicks, Mavs, Rockets, Celtics, Bucks, Lakers, Nuggets, Suns....someone who would give up a good young player, a big contract and a few 1st's for Russ? OK then...
:wash:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I gotta disagree. The Thunder didn't know ''exactly who to call'', they called who George told them to call, and the Clips coughed up the picks. You don't think that in the entire League, there isn't a team, the Knicks, Mavs, Rockets, Celtics, Bucks, Lakers, Nuggets, Suns....someone who would give up a good young player, a big contract and a few 1st's for Russ? OK then...
:wash:

Russ is 31 years old and his success is predicated on athleticism. He's been the lead dog for 3 straight years and doesn't have a series win to his credit in that span. Teams now know that they're not winning anything of significance with Russ as your #1.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is 31 years old and his success is predicated on athleticism. He's been the lead dog for 3 straight years and doesn't have a series win to his credit in that span. Teams now know that they're not winning anything of significance with Russ as your #1.
That depends on the team that trades for him, doesn't it?. If he went to the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers or Bucks he might win something in year 1. Some teams might want him as the last piece, some might want him just to make their team a plyoff team again, some might want him to sell tickets...tell you what, if he is traded, hit me up and we will discuss who had it right...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on the team that trades for him, doesn't it?. If he went to the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers or Bucks he might win something in year 1. Some teams might want him as the last piece, some might want him just to make their team a plyoff team again, some might want him to sell tickets...tell you what, if he is traded, hit me up and we will discuss who had it right...

Lakers: Not a fit, at all. Westbrook's a ball-dominant guard playing alongside Lebron who needs the ball in his hand. This wouldn't be the Miami version of Wade and Lebron; it's be a poor version reboot.

Celtics: Already have Kemba Walker so he wouldn't fit on the Celtics roster.

Sixers: Already have 4 max contracts on their roster. Who are they giving up to bring on Westbrook.

Bucks: Maybe. But that team's success is predicated on how much Giannis improves his game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers: Not a fit, at all. Westbrook's a ball-dominant guard playing alongside Lebron who needs the ball in his hand. This wouldn't be the Miami version of Wade and Lebron; it's be a poor version reboot.

Sixers: Already have 4 max contracts on their roster. Who are they giving up to bring on Westbrook.

Bucks: Maybe. But that team's success is predicated on how much Giannis improves his game.

I could see Philly looking if they get beat in the ECF or something again but his presence with Simmons is kinda tough. But yes Milwaukee would be the best fit with Bledsoe moving in the deal obviously

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're making my argument for me. I just pulled four teams out of my ass and you gave me a maybe after saying ''no one'' would give up that type of deal to get Russ. We will see....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Philly looking if they get beat in the ECF or something again but his presence with Simmons is kinda tough. But yes Milwaukee would be the best fit with Bledsoe moving in the deal obviously
Exactly. To say ''no one'' would give up a big package of picks for Russ is nuts. How about the Heat? The Knicks? TWolves, Pacers, Mavs, Bulls, Nuggets, Suns...