• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to the Clips

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick Perkins, as well.

The only person I've seen that predicted Kawhi to the Clippers and never really waivered was Rob Parker from Fox Sports.

Even when everyone was saying that the Clips were out, he still said Kawhi to the Clippers.

The closest he came to wavering was when the Lakers were able to open up a max slot, he said that put them in the mix and gave them a good shot, but he stayed with his Clips prediction.

If memory serves, he actually won a couple of bets with other media guys over it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers front office clearly thought otherwise

The Lakers were in it the whole time.

Actually, from what has been reported, it looks like it was really between the Lakers and Clippers the whole time rather than the Lakers and Raptors as many reported.

The Clippers had a plan that started back when they began piecing out DJ, Blake and CP3, then moved Tobias. It may not have been for these 2 specific players, but it was definitely to get a couple of max level guys.

It was a big risk for them because if they are unable to execute the trade, Kawhi is very likely a Laker right now and they are left with a lot of cap space and no one to spend it on.

The Logo came up with a plan that led to this off-season and they executed it pretty much perfectly.

That's why Kawhi is a Clipper and why The Logo is the executive GOAT.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up picks, kept every player that mattered outside of SG-A.

Health permitting, Apple's and oranges because neither Kawhi nor George is cooked like KG.

Lakers comparison is also apples to oranges considering they got a top 5 player in AD who's only 26.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think the Lakers are a below average defensive team?

Maybe average to slightly below average in the regular season. Yes, they have AD and Danny Green...

but Lebron isn't playing any real defense until the playoffs and probably the same with Rondo.

McGee is a good rim defender, but Boogie was never really about defense even before the Achilles tear.

Hopefully, Kuz will work on his defense this off-season and during training camp. He's definitely athletic enough to be a good defender, but he's mainly been about offense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were in it the whole time.

Actually, from what has been reported, it looks like it was really between the Lakers and Clippers the whole time rather than the Lakers and Raptors as many reported.

The Clippers had a plan that started back when they began piecing out DJ, Blake and CP3, then moved Tobias. It may not have been for these 2 specific players, but it was definitely to get a couple of max level guys.

It was a big risk for them because if they are unable to execute the trade, Kawhi is very likely a Laker right now and they are left with a lot of cap space and no one to spend it on.

The Logo came up with a plan that led to this off-season and they executed it pretty much perfectly.

That's why Kawhi is a Clipper and why The Logo is the executive GOAT.
Totally agree.

Another reason Masai tapped out of the bidding war for George.

There was serious doubt that Kawhi would stay even with the George and Westbrook acquisitions.

If the Clippers didn't give up the farm, he'd be a Laker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Another reason Masai tapped out of the bidding war for George.

There was serious doubt that Kawhi would stay even with the George and Westbrook acquisitions.

If the Clippers didn't give up the farm, he'd be a Laker.

It's funny. I remember a lot of folks questioning the Clippers sanity when they started moving on from CP3, et al. Also when they moved Harris.

It all makes perfect sense now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think the Lakers are a below average defensive team?
Yes, slightly below average.

You need LeBron to save it up for the playoffs.

Boogie has never been that guy, the wheels are pretty squeaky on Rondo's defense now as well.

Green is still really good. Brow can be great, Mcgee can protect the rim. But, he's splitting minutes with Boogie and Davis.

Dudley is cooked...

Quinn can shoot /end list of contributions.

KCP can still get after it.

So, maybe average.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. I remember a lot of folks questioning the Clippers sanity when they started moving on from CP3, et al. Also when they moved Harris.

Amazing what can happen with competent people in charge.

I'm thankful for The Logo and Frank.

But, shout out to Doc for humbling himself enough to accept the loss of power and staying on as the head coach.

From what I hear, him being the coach really mattered to Kawhi.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to agree.

I've heard folks talk about how much the Clips gave up, but you're right, OKC had the Clips by the balls and probably could have gotten more.

This move was exactly what the Clips had been setting themselves up for since they started piecing out DeAndre, CP3, Blake and then Tobias Harris.

This was their moment. If they didn't get this trade done, it may not necessarily have been a disaster...but it would have been pretty bad.
Danny Ainge hoarded assets for years and it didn't manifest the way they envisioned.

The Celtics can do that and recover.

They have a ceiling full of banners.

Clippers have a ceiling full of selfies and would never get this chance to build a sustainable winner again in my lifetime, if they Fucked this up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what can happen with competent people in charge.

I'm thankful for The Logo and Frank.

But, shout out to Doc for humbling himself enough to accept the loss of power and staying on as the head coach.

From what I hear, him being the coach really mattered to Kawhi.

Agree. Frank on his own would be good, imo. But putting The Logo in there might give the Clips the best FO in the league. At the least, they are in the convo.

The bold is smart on Kawhi's part.

I like a lot of what the Lakers have done with their coaching staff. They essentially tried to put together an "all star team of coaches" for lack of a better term.

It can work really well if everyone gets on and stays on the same page, presents the same message and works together.

But it can also fail spectacularly if they don't get on the same page and Lebron starts treating Vogel like he did Blatt and Luke.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Or however many games it goes...win or lose, lakers will have home court advantage. It may not be as overwhelming or whatnot when the clippers are the "home" team, but that city is a lakers town, even when the lakers stink

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao...

It's true...lol

But, y'all tap out in 6.
Fair enough, we shall see. Mecca on a side note, you deserve it for sticking with the clippers all these years

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need to have some foresight. They weren't going to pay for a max extension for CP3 or Harris (and rightfully so), so make the most out of their value before they leave. Moving Blake, even after giving him his extension, was another solid move. Investing that heavily in players that can't really lead your team to a title (or in CP3's case, at his age) simply isn't smart.

I'm still shocked that the Jordan moved on from Kemba; it was actually the right decision for the franchise IMO lol.