• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawakami article: Niners' Two Locker Rooms

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was interesting. Near the end of the article, Kawakami reports that the Niners literally use two locker rooms during the week, and that they let the players choose which one they want to use. The exception is game day. Consequently, it appears that the players have divided themselves into two factions, according to Kawakami. Why did the Niners think that this was a good idea?

Kawakami: Levi's lethargy, Part 2: The new stadium changed everything about the 49ers and how they look at each other

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought this was interesting. Near the end of the article, Kawakami reports that the Niners literally use two locker rooms during the week, and that they let the players choose which one they want to use. The exception is game day. Consequently, it appears that the players have divided themselves into two factions, according to Kawakami. Why did the Niners think that this was a good idea?

Kawakami: Levi's lethargy, Part 2: The new stadium changed everything about the 49ers and how they look at each other

I red some of the comments from this article and was still amazed why people can't understand that Nor Cal is an area plagued by earthquakes. Imagine the engineering requirements required to build a huge dome stadium or even a stadium with partial coverings... Any material hanging overhead are potential hazard during earthquakes... I am not in anyway an engineer, mind you, but it's only common sense...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

and why next year the HC or new HC will change it.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer outside stadiums anyway. Very confused why they didn't make a stadium similar to Seattle's since the noise factor is crazy.

But what the fuck at the locker room thing. How could anyone think that was an acceptable compromise. So the team barely even knows each other. I mean I have no idea if this a reason for our offense being so horrible, but it can't help. There is no team atmosphere I guess. How horrible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I prefer outside stadiums anyway. Very confused why they didn't make a stadium similar to Seattle's since the noise factor is crazy.

But what the fuck at the locker room thing. How could anyone think that was an acceptable compromise. So the team barely even knows each other. I mean I have no idea if this a reason for our offense being so horrible, but it can't help. There is no team atmosphere I guess. How horrible.

yep, that idea of the new Stadium disrupting continuity, and losing home field advantage has legs. It isn't the big reason of course, but a factor somewhere down the list.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame this entire season on HTMB, the design firm who is responsible for Levi's Staduim...those sonsaBITCHES!!!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for posting this Robo. I recommend reading part 1 as well. One thing about this that he got wrong was about the holdouts:
The 49ers have so much cash now that they could invest millions in a new digital company very recently. Wait, how did they get all this money? Oh, because they figured out how to build a new stadium in Silicon Valley and much of that leverage was due to the glamour of the franchise and much of that was revitalized by… Jim Harbaugh.
He’s not the only one with these (justifiable) feelings. The 49ers for years have avoided any serious contract holdout… until recently, when two major players (Vernon Davis and Alex Boone) skipped most of the pre-camp activities to protest their contract situations and then Boone held out for most of training camp before he got an alteration to his deal.
Michael Crabtree and Mike Iupati are coming up on free agency, with no new deal in sight–and it wouldn’t be wrong for them to wonder why the Yorks don’t want to spend any of the new money on them.
Colin Kaepernick got a large new deal–large in money terms, but not in guarantees–so the Yorks protected themselves against throwing money away but will reward their QB heartily if he plays well for a long time.
Kaepernick actually can feel both ways about this: Without the Levi’s gusher he likely wouldn’t have gotten the chance to make this kind of money (now about $16M per), but the Yorks lured him with the high salary figure and also gave themselves a lot of escape clauses, which they might seriously consider exercising in a year or so.

Cap issues won't effect Harbs return but the players who had contract holdouts ,etc. couldn't have been done this season without some sacrifice.On a side note I miss the Stick!

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these players are close. They are together. I see no problem. Now wash has problems in the locker room.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for posting this Robo. I recommend reading part 1 as well. One thing about this that he got wrong was about the holdouts:
The 49ers have so much cash now that they could invest millions in a new digital company very recently. Wait, how did they get all this money? Oh, because they figured out how to build a new stadium in Silicon Valley and much of that leverage was due to the glamour of the franchise and much of that was revitalized by… Jim Harbaugh.
He’s not the only one with these (justifiable) feelings. The 49ers for years have avoided any serious contract holdout… until recently, when two major players (Vernon Davis and Alex Boone) skipped most of the pre-camp activities to protest their contract situations and then Boone held out for most of training camp before he got an alteration to his deal.
Michael Crabtree and Mike Iupati are coming up on free agency, with no new deal in sight–and it wouldn’t be wrong for them to wonder why the Yorks don’t want to spend any of the new money on them.
Colin Kaepernick got a large new deal–large in money terms, but not in guarantees–so the Yorks protected themselves against throwing money away but will reward their QB heartily if he plays well for a long time.
Kaepernick actually can feel both ways about this: Without the Levi’s gusher he likely wouldn’t have gotten the chance to make this kind of money (now about $16M per), but the Yorks lured him with the high salary figure and also gave themselves a lot of escape clauses, which they might seriously consider exercising in a year or so.

Cap issues won't effect Harbs return but the players who had contract holdouts ,etc. couldn't have been done this season without some sacrifice.On a side note I miss the Stick!

Kawakami always makes me laugh. He is the National Enquirer of local sports media. How much cash on hand has nothing to do with spending on players. The NFL has a hard salary cap and the 49ers are among the top team salaries since Harbaugh has been here. Those comments from Kawakami are just dumb and he should know better.