• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem Hunt extended

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares he is a backup. Use that $8M to make your team better
First, he makes their team better as teams have been known to put 2 RBs on field at same time. Second, it's $6 mil and can be spent since other RB making about a mil. Third, might not be a bad guy to have around if they cannot or do not want to pay elite RB money to chubb.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely meaningless. It's a team cap not a RB cap.
correct.....and likely this signing would not prevent them from signing someone else they might want and is interested in coming. so there's that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it will, his bonus money will be prorated starting when he signs the contract
OK, but it's only $8 mil guaranteed. That really gonna make or break their cap?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially in Stefanski's system. We don't know how he will be used in his system but we know what type of player Hunt is...he is an all-around talented back and he can play the slot. You're right...he is much more than that.
Correct. Now I get wondering if he can stay clean off field, but if he did the guy would be making double that amount.

questioning the signing is absurd...unless wondering why he didn't wait to hit the open market.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day I am PISSED the seahawks didn't sign him and let him serve his suspension. Hunt was a freaking pro bowl monster for the Chiefs. He could run the ball, catch the ball from the backfield and block I could only imagine what him and Russell Wilson would do. Now look we are out here using a first round pick drafting Rashard Penny who destroyed his leg out of 19 months and signed Carlos Hyde.

Rant over
Have to admit part of wonders if Browns don't make sure to keep him to keep him away from opponents (not seahawks, as only way that hurts is in a SB).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but it's only $8 mil guaranteed. That really gonna make or break their cap?
Who knows. We are talking about the future. Who knows who they will have their eyes on next year. They sure as heck have been spending money lately and I am betting if they have another bad year and there is a decent chance they may, that they look to throw a lot more around next year and $30M goes quick when looking at top FAs.

If I didn't have a good RB on my team I wouldn't give Hunt that money. The fact that you do makes it a bad move to me. He is OK, but I just don't think he is that good. The Chiefs have a way of making RBs look good. Look at Damien Williams once he got a shot there. Heck, even Spencer Ware did OK there while he got the opportunities. He caught a lot of passes last year and is a really good backup, but you can always find a 3rd down back and a backup. You have to cut costs where you can in a hard cap league. You don't have to agree. Maybe Chubb shits the bed or gets hurt and you end up looking brilliant or maybe Hunt beats up another woman and you eat that $8M guaranteed. Time will tell.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Now I get wondering if he can stay clean off field, but if he did the guy would be making double that amount.

questioning the signing is absurd...unless wondering why he didn't wait to hit the open market.
Absurd like when I told you guys Vernon wasn't going to work out the way you all thought and for months all I heard was how fantastic and unstoppable he will be and that you needed a pass rusher more than OL help even though your OL stunk?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions just added Adrian Peterson.
Who is a 46 year old ex con with a taste for blood. and somehow is better than our 2020 second rounder.

I'll take Clevelands backfield and never look back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. We are talking about the future. Who knows who they will have their eyes on next year. They sure as heck have been spending money lately and I am betting if they have another bad year and there is a decent chance they may, that they look to throw a lot more around next year and $30M goes quick when looking at top FAs.

If I didn't have a good RB on my team I wouldn't give Hunt that money. The fact that you do makes it a bad move to me. He is OK, but I just don't think he is that good. The Chiefs have a way of making RBs look good. Look at Damien Williams once he got a shot there. Heck, even Spencer Ware did OK there while he got the opportunities. He caught a lot of passes last year and is a really good backup, but you can always find a 3rd down back and a backup. You have to cut costs where you can in a hard cap league. You don't have to agree. Maybe Chubb shits the bed or gets hurt and you end up looking brilliant or maybe Hunt beats up another woman and you eat that $8M guaranteed. Time will tell.
what you say could be right, but hopefully you realize it's a lot of maybes and there are plenty of maybes for the other side.

Hell, maybe the guy plays like his old self and becomes a tremendous trade asset.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd like when I told you guys Vernon wasn't going to work out the way you all thought and for months all I heard was how fantastic and unstoppable he will be and that you needed a pass rusher more than OL help even though your OL stunk?
uh...no...not absurd like that as I was never enamored with the Vernon deal. Figured why not use all your FA cash to upgrade DE if you felt it needed to be upgraded as opposed to giving up a stud G to acquire one.

absurd in the way I told you though.