• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem Hunt drinking and smoking

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dumbass can't get outta his own way. First he gets suspended (and rightfully so) for that hotel incident. And while this was minor it was obviously a sign of things to come when he got into a shouting match with a friend outside of a Cleveland bar at around 1 a.m. last year & got questioned by the cops. Nothing good is going on that late at night. And now this stuff. Whatever the league does to him he has nobody to blame but himself.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, it's the off-season.

Since there were no dumb crazy whores around this is just proof he learned his lesson.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a cop let a person go if they are fucked up? The cop may be in trouble now.
Weed doesn't matter. He would have been judging the drunkeness the whole interaction. No one was in danger by this this incident. It was mostly a waste of time.

It looks like the cop did a great job overall which is a great thing to see in this climate.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed doesn't matter. He would have been judging the drunkeness the whole interaction. No one was in danger by this this incident. It was mostly a waste of time.

It looks like the cop did a great job overall which is a great thing to see in this climate.
If he had an open container, he should have been given a breathalyzer test. I would think that is standard protocol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Railroad job. Isn't alcohol and doobage legal in most states now?

Open container laws apply in most states...who knows, to get something else they want, the NFL may end up relaxing their stance on pot in the new CBA, but the CBA won't be in effect until 2021.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was exactly my first thought? I can't imagine city officials being thrilled about this. God forbid Hunt hit someone while driving.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly my first thought? I can't imagine city officials being thrilled about this. God forbid Hunt hit someone while driving.
I assume Hunt must not have been that messed up, but some of the things he said points the other direction. Where I live, an open container is pretty much an automatic breathalyzer.
Caught with a small amount of pot and an open container and he only gets a speeding ticket?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many larger cities are decriminalizing weed in small quantities.

If the container was opened, I think protocol is a field sobriety test. If he passed that, I can see a cop letting someone off with less than (whatever misdemeanor size) of pot...the paperwork alone may not be worth the officer's time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can..... Usually when they aren't wearing cameras or anyone around. They "use" there digression but if they let someone like that go and something else happens absolutely can get in trouble

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many larger cities are decriminalizing weed in small quantities.

If the container was opened, I think protocol is a field sobriety test. If he passed that, I can see a cop letting someone off with less than (whatever misdemeanor size) of pot...the paperwork alone may not be worth the officer's time.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood. I thought the bottle was open. I couldn't imagine the officer letting him of knowing he's being recorded so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cop obviously is a Browns fan, and therefore has bad judgement.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had an open container, he should have been given a breathalyzer test. I would think that is standard protocol.
You only get a breathalyzer if you appear too drunk. It's a legal thing to help their court case more than anything else. That's why they do the field tests. The officer can pull you off the road despite a clean breathalyzer test if he didn't like your field test performance. And they usually won't administer a breathalyzer if the field tests are fine.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be. Like when they signed him the first time, nothing to lose by tendering him (my guess is a 3rd round tender).

will say I wish they held onto Duke.
i dont see how the league doesnt act.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in Ohio. Drinking/smoking and driving is never legal. Both he and that officer are in the shit now.

The officer probably got free tickets and a half bottle of Popov.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, maybe I misunderstood. I thought the bottle was open. I couldn't imagine the officer letting him of knowing he's being recorded so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Yeah if the container was open, he either could tell he wasn't too far into the bottle or he had him blow and he was okay. To do neither with an open container...that could get you written up...maybe even fired.