• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sign Kareem Hunt this offseason

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will penny even be ready by september? i read his injury was worse than originally thought.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will penny even be ready by september? i read his injury was worse than originally thought.

I read that somewhere as well so drafting a RB is key to go along with Homer and Carson.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%... RB's don't make as much of a difference in terms of launching a team in the postseason like it did back in the day... Hunt is going to ask for quite a bit... He'll probably get around 7 or 8 mil a year from someone... Look at all the RB's that were paid handsomely the past few seasons... None of them are in the postseason... Imagine if those teams put that money into other positions instead? They make have had a better shot at making the postseason...

Gurley - $60 mil (finished 9-7)
Zeke - $90 mil (Finished 8-8)
Bell - $15 mil (finished 7-9)

Seems like the productive RB's are mostly RB's that are on their rookie contract... Gives team the extra cash to put into other more productive, meaningful positions that make more of a difference for a team...

Pay difference makers... Gotta pay Clowney imo... He's a difference maker... Role with Carson/Penny/Homer again another draft pick going into next season and get another DE on the other side of Clowney...

Watching Clowney today with his core muscle injury blew up Jason Peters all game long. Even if he doesn't get sacks, he wrecks havoc on plays and kills drives. PC/JS have done well finding RBs just sucks they keep getting hurt but they produce when healthy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what you do if you're trying to do it right. RBs can be found late, and you can plug them in as rookies and get production. They also have a relatively short lifespan in the NFL. DEs usually take a few years to develop, and they can play at a high level for nearly a decade.

Spot on. Hopefully Clowney stays and adding a solid rookie DE opposite of Clowney could speed up his growth by getting a lot of one on one match ups.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointed in reed, he got juked by a 40 year old white guy multiple times and looked like a clown. Honestly at this point keeping clowney should be the priority over reed if we have to choose.

To stay on topic, yes draft a RB as high as the 3rd round if we have to. Our top three picks should be OL/DL.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointed in reed, he got juked by a 40 year old white guy multiple times and looked like a clown. Honestly at this point keeping clowney should be the priority over reed if we have to choose.

To stay on topic, yes draft a RB as high as the 3rd round if we have to. Our top three picks should be OL/DL.

Chubba, if he declares?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about chubba, but a quick glance sounds like he isnt the physical runner we need.

Moss or akers, those are the two power backs we should look at. They arent complete backs so its possible they hang around til round 4 or 5.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reed has def been a disappointment. Probably enough where he may take a 1 year prove it deal and reset especially given the suspension earlier this year. If not though yea, let him walk

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Clowney today with his core muscle injury blew up Jason Peters all game long. Even if he doesn't get sacks, he wrecks havoc on plays and kills drives. PC/JS have done well finding RBs just sucks they keep getting hurt but they produce when healthy.

I'm writing Clowney a blank check honestly. This team needs to add front 7 talent even with him. The cap looks very clean so whatever it takes, I'd say please bring him back

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when talking about adding a DE opposite of Clowney and getting a better front 7 we have know that he played opposite of JJ Watt who wrecks offensive lines and the Texans defense was never that great and the most he could put up was 9 sacks which isnt bad but is that worth giving him a mega contract?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes plays and hes only 26, so yes sign him.

Our defense is lacking in playmakers as is, so without him?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly want Clowney back, but let's also not give up on Collier. We get spoiled by the Bobby Wagners and Russell Wilsons of the world, but they are the exception.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plus side, collier hasnt wrecked his face fourwheeling. Other than that, he is a big bust.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is a mess, no if ands or buts about it. The lack of playmakers on that side of the ball is easily the worst i have seen on this team in a VERY VERY long time. The Run defense is worse than bad, the pass defense is marginal when it's at its best and unacceptable when at it's worst. The Defense is slow and needs a major overhaul this offseason and there is only a handful of players worth keeping. The Sideline to sideline speed that use to be off the charts is one of the worst in the NFL, maybe thats just because they played in the Base 4-3 constantly even against 3-4WR spreads which made the lack of speed really show up. Thing is to constantly be playing in your base 4-3 and get stomped in the run game is a joke.

The only Defensive players i think that are safe is Wagner and Diggs and a handful of players still on their "FIRST" NFL contract because they are cheap. Blow it up and rebuild the defense. Wagner and maybe KJ are the only players in the front 7 that even look like they are worth keeping.

Clowney can be a very disruptive player but he is not a big sack guy ( 3.5 sacks for 2019 ), is he worth the contract some team will give him ( 20+ mill per? ) not on this team that was 2nd worst in the NFL in sacks. Clowney looks to be a perfect 3-4 type OLB not a 4-3 DE. The good news is the Offense on this team is YOUNG, the Oline is young minus Brown for the most part the Runningbacks and WR are also young and look the part if they can stay healthy. Lots to build on there. Not much to build on when looking at the defense other than Bobby who is no spring chicken. His decline is coming and that hurts my soul.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say go out and nab Isaiah Simmons if he is there when they pick ( Dream world )to play Strong safety and put him in the box like they use to do with Kam. Dude is a freak!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that our D is lacking playmakers almost everywhere which makes me more pissed off that we missed on guys like vander esch who would be huge on this team.

Still think DL us our biggest need but ill be ok if we take a playmaker anywhere on defense in the first.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that our D is lacking playmakers almost everywhere which makes me more pissed off that we missed on guys like vander esch who would be huge on this team.

Still think DL us our biggest need but ill be ok if we take a playmaker anywhere on defense in the first.

agreed. Pona Ford is a nice run stuffer and did not play enough but even with him on the field more i don't think it helps this piss poor run defense. They need another big body space eater that is just a monster against the run. That will be hard to find late in round one. I also feel like Reed changed who he was to become some pass rushing fool. He needs to go back to what he was before, a run stuffer and then his time will come for sacks. He is a strong man and if you watch him play last season and this season you see he is trying to be some make you miss DT going for sacks. THATS NOT WHO HE IS! and it ruined his game.

Reed made Olinemen look like Joey Hunt last year, always on their butt! But this year he just was invisible.

Every time i see a Olineman get pancaked i am going to call it being Joey hunted.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm writing Clowney a blank check honestly. This team needs to add front 7 talent even with him. The cap looks very clean so whatever it takes, I'd say please bring him back

100% on board. Seattle has plenty of cap space and I believe a good amount of draft picks to add young talent, so paying Clowney is a must and get that front 4 back to run stuffing and generating more sacks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when talking about adding a DE opposite of Clowney and getting a better front 7 we have know that he played opposite of JJ Watt who wrecks offensive lines and the Texans defense was never that great and the most he could put up was 9 sacks which isnt bad but is that worth giving him a mega contract?

I think it's worth it. He provides more than just sacks. Putting pressure on the QB throws off his rythem creating incomplete passes or better yet interceptions. A lot of things he does doesn't always show up on the stat sheet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for resigning Clowney, but I draw the the line at any cost. He's pretty dang good and all, but at the same time he isn't a "sign no matter the cost" kind of player. However be a real blow if he isn't on the roster next year. Think a pass rushing DL is top of the list for the Seahawks, because they actual need Clowney plus another stud on the DL. You can see the difference when the Seahawks actual pressure a QB vs when they don't. Huge difference with the defense.:2cents: