• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem Hunt Also Involved in Separate January Nightclub Assault

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess good thing for the Chiefs that they dumped him before this came out?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much harder will this make it for some team to pick him back up?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess good thing for the Chiefs that they dumped him before this came out?

Actually I think KC knew about both issues on some level. Apparently the tape surfacing about the girl told a different story than what Hunt had previously told them thus the quick release.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just has a bad month. He should get a second chance, everyone else does.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much harder will this make it for some team to pick him back up?

Zeke got 6 games with no video, so I'm sure Jerry Jones is watching this play out and for that reason plus the "prior" he could sit the rest of this season, but this offseason I expect for him to be signed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke got 6 games with no video, so I'm sure Jerry Jones is watching this play out and for that reason plus the "prior" he could sit the rest of this season, but this offseason I expect for him to be signed.
dont need video

Elliott was investigated. The NFL spent over a year investigating domestic violence allegations raised by Elliott’s former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio. She filed police reports and went to the Columbus City Attorney’s office to pursue charges in July 2016. Elliott was never charged with a crime.

Elliott was suspended. The NFL’s disciplinary process does not carry the same burden of proof as the legal system. The league’s investigation determined that Elliott was violent toward the woman on three separate occasions.

In August of this year, Roger Goodell issued a six-game suspension to Elliott. That’s the baseline number of games for a first-time domestic violence offender.

i believe hunt gets a year so the nfl can save some face but they were denied video and cops said nothing happened Not sure what else they could do

remember u dont have to commit the crime to be suspended :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont need video

Elliott was investigated. The NFL spent over a year investigating domestic violence allegations raised by Elliott’s former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio. She filed police reports and went to the Columbus City Attorney’s office to pursue charges in July 2016. Elliott was never charged with a crime.

Elliott was suspended. The NFL’s disciplinary process does not carry the same burden of proof as the legal system. The league’s investigation determined that Elliott was violent toward the woman on three separate occasions.

In August of this year, Roger Goodell issued a six-game suspension to Elliott. That’s the baseline number of games for a first-time domestic violence offender.

i believe hunt gets a year so the nfl can save some face but they were denied video and cops said nothing happened Not sure what else they could do

remember u dont have to commit the crime to be suspended :suds:

No you don't need it...not in RG's NFL...that was my point...if Zeke got 6 w/o video, that would be the starting point for Hunt.

He might get a yr, it wouldn't surprise or bother me, but I'm not certain he will.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is done, IMO. He going to get the Ray Rice treatment.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't need it...not in RG's NFL...that was my point...if Zeke got 6 w/o video, that would be the starting point for Hunt.

He might get a yr, it wouldn't surprise or bother me, but I'm not certain he will.
I could see 10 games easily.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see 10 games easily.

Yep...He's going to have to work the media really well I think. His interview with Lisa Salters I thought went well for him...he's going to need a lot more of work in the public eye on DV issues.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is done, IMO. He going to get the Ray Rice treatment.
No way.

Rice got the boot because he was declining. He was coming off a season where he averaged 3.6 yards/touch.

Hunt will get a deal because he's young, productive, and will now be given deals with language that DV type incidents void all guarantees.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Rice got the boot because he was declining. He was coming off a season where he averaged 3.6 yards/touch.

Hunt will get a deal because he's young, productive, and will now be given deals with language that DV type incidents void all guarantees.
Exactly. Hunt can still play and could play for years. Rice wasn't worth the headache

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% rooting for Hunt to come out ahead. Hopefully a good team signs him, he gets paid huge, and flips off a bunch of dorks that claim they are NFL fans. You know why? Because if you look at the footage the bitch woman threw fists/hands first. You don't want to be hit? THEN DON'T FUCKING HIT PEOPLE. Women get a ridiculous free reign these days. "OMG my boyfriend cheated? I'm going to damage his $50K car because I have a vagina!"

How about you don't start shit in a bar with a bunch of guys twice your size not rocking beer guts?
How about you don't throw fists at your boyfriend/husband and then play the victim card once he hits back?

Ugh. Domestic violence is a thing, but you're telling me these women don't push it? Statistically most domestic violence is started by women. And as for bar fights.... really? $20 some drunk asshole sees an NFL player and tries to start shit so he can get a lawsuit going and media publicity.

Not saying all NFL players are innocent, but this shit is ridiculous. First off, NO name should be released until the verdict is served. This is why I have a HUGE issue with women claiming r*pe/assault these days. Before we even got to any trial a name and career is ruined. Second, these teams releasing these guys and banning them are gutless. It's one of the reasons Snyder IMO is a hero.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far up to three incidents for Hunt, talk about a lengthy suspension.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that he will be back.

I suspect that a young Ray Rice would have been too.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should get 6 games. That's the baseline the league set, after Rice.

The NFL needs to stop making rules by the seat of their pants.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should get 6 games. That's the baseline the league set, after Rice.

The NFL needs to stop making rules by the seat of their pants.

Rodger is probably going to lump the other issue in with this...it largely depends on Hunt's action while out...but I agree with 6.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger is probably going to lump the other issue in with this...it largely depends on Hunt's action while out...but I agree with 6.
True. Goodel has a history of going easy on those who admit to the suspension and hammering those who fight the allegations.