• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kapernick Saga Over?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find most peculiar is that the NFL was willing to settle.

When you look at Bountygate and Deflategate, the NFL taking this route with Kap is definitely out of character for them.

Not sure it means anything but just an observation.
They had an article on that on MSN already. They said it was beneficial for both sides, because neither side wants everything to come out into the open and become public knowledge. With this agreement, everything is sealed and everyone saves face. Colin without a doubt got acknowledgement of what happened and some money in order to be silenced. He moves on with the money he gets and he agrees to keep silence about the dirty secrets of the NFL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So make himself look even more guilty by taking a shower? He probably thought it would be better if he just went to the police and him being who he was they wouldn't take it any further
If he had went to trial - He would have been convicted. The girl chose money over taking a chance in court - in my opinion, but at that point, it was late in the night - I think any normal person would refuse to fly straight back at midnight - especially if you have evidence on your body that can be used against you. Kobe was kind of naïve and stupid about that. I would rather look guilty then end up like Bill Cosby - just saying

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had went to trial - He would have been convicted. The girl chose money over taking a chance in court - in my opinion, but at that point, it was late in the night - I think any normal person would refuse to fly straight back at midnight - especially if you have evidence on your body that can be used against you. Kobe was kind of naïve and stupid about that. I would rather look guilty then end up like Bill Cosby - just saying

He shut her up as well as his wife with money... He knew he was guilty as F&ck and shut them up.

Go to the police station but demand before being asked any questions to have a lawyer present... Also - You knew this was never going to trial with the amount of money he had

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shut her up as well as his wife with money... He knew he was guilty as F&ck and shut them up.

Go to the police station but demand before being asked any questions to have a lawyer present... Also - You knew this was never going to trial with the amount of money he had

No argument from me - Here is the thing though - I have been harassed a few times - I had nothing to hide, so I let them search my car and was very calm - it shut their mouths and they left smiling because they found nothing and never bothered me again. Some one calls me up and 11 in the night and I get the sense I have been accused of a crime - yes I am going to lawyer up and destroy any evidence that I have regardless of if I was innocent or guilty. It's nothing person, but I don't really have a deep amount of trust in the police either in small towns. They have their own way of exercising justice and for the most part they don't like strangers. Vail, Colorado in comparison is a small town

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me - Here is the thing though - I have been harassed a few times - I had nothing to hide, so I let them search my car and was very calm - it shut their mouths and they left smiling because they found nothing and never bothered me again. Some one calls me up and 11 in the night and I get the sense I have been accused of a crime - yes I am going to lawyer up and destroy any evidence that I have regardless of if I was innocent or guilty. It's nothing person, but I don't really have a deep amount of trust in the police either in small towns. They have their own way of exercising justice and for the most part they don't like strangers. Vail, Colorado in comparison is a small town

Meh.. Just give em weed... You'd be golden! :D:D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find most peculiar is that the NFL was willing to settle.

When you look at Bountygate and Deflategate, the NFL taking this route with Kap is definitely out of character for them.

Not sure it means anything but just an observation.

Kap had something on them. They knew they would lose

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.. Just give em weed... You'd be golden! :D:D
Well at that time, the NBA used to randomly test all of the players two times a year - so smoking weed and getting tested a month later wouldn't have been good for Kobe - :lol:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an article on that on MSN already. They said it was beneficial for both sides, because neither side wants everything to come out into the open and become public knowledge. With this agreement, everything is sealed and everyone saves face. Colin without a doubt got acknowledgement of what happened and some money in order to be silenced. He moves on with the money he gets and he agrees to keep silence about the dirty secrets of the NFL
without a doubt? theres doubt, its sealed

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had something on them. They knew they would lose

That's what I am thinking. Same for what TLF said.

The NFL would not have caved in if there wasn't some pretty damning evidence that supported Kap's position.

It's not how they have done business during the Goodell Era.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that PROBABLY is true. But know one knows what that is
Of course not - they both would be embarrassed if we knew the truth. It's the only explanation possible. Not that I blame them - We all have secrets - I would even venture to say most or all men keep secrets from even their wives and children

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not - they both would be embarrassed if we knew the truth. It's the only explanation possible. Not that I blame them - We all have secrets - I would even venture to say most or all men keep secrets from even their wives and children
ive seen many other reasons stated

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am thinking. Same for what TLF said.

The NFL would not have caved in if there wasn't some pretty damning evidence that supported Kap's position.

It's not how they have done business during the Goodell Era.

Or...or, Kap wouldn't have caved in if there wasn't some pretty damning evidence supporting the NFL's position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL WOULD NEVER settle if they thought they would win.
But the player would? You know the only winners with these lawsuits are the lawyers, these cases drag on for years with the lawyers charging what, $500 or $1000 per hour ?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the player would? You know the only winners with these lawsuits are the lawyers, these cases drag on for years with the lawyers charging what, $500 or $1000 per hour ?

I think if kap thought there is a possibility of both outcomes then he would settle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if kap thought there is a possibility of both outcomes then he would settle

If it went to court and the NFL wins, it would still cost them a fortune in lawyers fees, bad PR etc. So yeah if the players want to settle it makes sense for the NFL to do so even if they knew they would win in court, because even winning in court is costly.
As for the players, most likely realized that could or would run out of money before the case ever got settled in court. Getting back lawyer fees may have sounded good to them.