• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kapernick Saga Over?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, scroll back, that’s what I was told

No one truly knows how much they settled for. It was just "reports" of him getting anywhere between $60-80 million. I don't think we will ever know the real amount

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one truly knows how much they settled for. It was just "reports" of him getting anywhere between $60-80 million. I don't think we will ever know the real amount
Agree....though anyone who supports Kaep will treat the reports as gospel without taking the time to think for even a second.

Why would anyone with the NFL leak this amount as it would make it seem to many they lost? And why would Kaep have it leaked as he would risk getting his cash?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree....though anyone who supports Kaep will treat the reports as gospel without taking the time to think for even a second.

Why would anyone with the NFL leak this amount as it would make it seem to many they lost? And why would Kaep have it leaked as he would risk getting his cash?

To me it just means that one side just wanted it over and caved... I don't know which side that is either... NFL or Kaep but this settlement leads me to believe this

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it just means that one side just wanted it over and caved... I don't know which side that is either... NFL or Kaep but this settlement leads me to believe this
Or could be both. would think in most settlements each side comes away with what they wanted.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hoo-hoo
This is a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue
Two young lovers with nothin' better to do
Than sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube
And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose
They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso
That's where they ran into a great big hassle
Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle
Bobbie Sue took the money and run
Hoo-hoo-hoo, go on, take the money and run
Go on, take the money and run
Hoo-hoo-hoo, go on, take the money and run
Go on, take the money and run"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or could be both. would think in most settlements each side comes away with what they wanted.

Possibly... But that is a drop in the bucket money wise for the NFL so in reality they probably came out on top... Due to it being so "low" for them money wise..

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly... But that is a drop in the bucket money wise for the NFL so in reality they probably came out on top... Due to it being so "low" for them money wise..
I don't really disagree (though I meant to say "didn't come away"). Even if it is $60 mil, that's 2 mil per owner. A drop in the bucket is a good way to describe that amount to mostly billionaires.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really disagree (though I meant to say "didn't come away"). Even if it is $60 mil, that's 2 mil per owner. A drop in the bucket is a good way to describe that amount to mostly billionaires.

Haha. I actually read it as "didn't" anyway, just now realized it wasn't that.. I guess you're like me... In my head I say what I want to say but type something else by mistake.

Heck... (not that he would) but Goodell could have reached into his jeans pocket and paid for the settlement himself

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - the money probably doesn't really matter to Kaep since he's getting it from Nike anyway..

legalizequack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same as the people who are against Kap who use the AAF "offer".

legalizequack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he did get paid 60-80 million, he is probably the highest paid QB of all-time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all of that

Honestly don't know who caved to be honest... I am thinking the league thought of a number that they could easily afford and offered and it was accepted... Does that mean Kaep/Reid caved, I don't know... But if that was the money that was given I think the league would be pretty happy with it.. I mean it's only pocket change for them and they don't have to come out and say, "we black-balled" them.

As far as the black-balling issue - If he was a better starting QB then he would have had a much better case.. With that said... There were plenty of other QBs picked over him so it's a possibility. Personally I don't believe Kaep truly cared about actually playing football again however... To me he wants to be more of an activist compared to a starting QB.