• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap Benched

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess. Kaep's injury clause will keep Gabbert on the field the rest of the season. No way the front office wants to risk a chunk of money for a quarterback that can't produce for them. Really bad for the spirit of the game if Gabbert shows he's no better than Kaep.
Don't be surprised if he is worse. Just read some analysis that expects him to be worse. I read a number of player evaluations of him and apparently he isn't a good pocket passer and responds poorly to pass pressure. Some of the same issues Kap has and not good being the 49ers have one of the worst olines the league. Two things going for him. The 49ers have already gone through some the toughe defenses and Kilgore could be back soon which would provide a major boost to the line.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we're moving on from Kaep. Yes, injury could happen to Gabbert, and he goes back in. Gabbert could be a turnover machine and Kaep goes back in. but after this season, we're moving on from Kaep, cause the team can no longer unite under him.

Spot on! Players have lost confidence in Kap and therefore he has to go.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on! Players have lost confidence in Kap and therefore he has to go.

Very telling that Alex despite the troubles always came across as well liked in the locker room with guys wanting to see him succeed.

Kaep struggles and all you hear is how he's an outcast. I don't see anyone coming forward to support him

Pretty clear sign that Kaep is not a leader and has earned little respect. You have to have at least one of those as the QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we're moving on from Kaep. Yes, injury could happen to Gabbert, and he goes back in. Gabbert could be a turnover machine and Kaep goes back in. but after this season, we're moving on from Kaep, cause the team can no longer unite under him.

While that may be true, it goes much deeper than Kaep. Ever since last year, when York made it clear throughout the season that Harbaugh was a lame duck coach, this team has had trouble uniting. Our problem pervades the entire organization now. Hopefully, we're not heading into a ten year (or longer) dark age period.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you want Kaep to continue starting? if your answer is no, then WTF are you talking about above?

if your answer is yes, then WTF are you watching in every one of our losses? We don't just barely lose, we're losing PATHETICALLY. Please don't tell me you didn't know every NFL team starts at QB?

we ALL know it ain't ONLY Kaep, we know. But if it ain't changing the QB - which makes the largest impact by ONE player - what are you suggesting otherwise? Cause you can't change 5 offensive linemen by Sunday, you can't sign Julio Jones by Sunday, you can't trade for Tom Brady by Sunday?

Man you sure get angry when someone has a different opinion than you do.

You know we can't sign Tom Brady by Sunday either..... Doesn't mean we should start Blaine Gabbert or Bench Kaepernick. He is just the easy scapegoat on a dismantled team run by a bunch of jackasses.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree I have heard a lot of players support Kap. Staley, Miller, T. Smith, Boldin, Martin. These are just a few in the last 1-2 weeks that supported him.

VD comment was a smart ass comment and lost a little respect for him. Saying he needs to get use to winning and that we are 2-5 or whatever. Sounds like a spoiled brat. He acts like this team never won before. VD u suck and haven't been good in awhile. This comment made me pissed. I do think he will help the Broncos but get 1 thing straight u are not playing with the Great Payton manning u are playing with the over the Hill Payton that cant throw over 15 yards.

Just like every team some players like each other and some don't.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very telling that Alex despite the troubles always came across as well liked in the locker room with guys wanting to see him succeed.

Kaep struggles and all you hear is how he's an outcast. I don't see anyone coming forward to support him

Pretty clear sign that Kaep is not a leader and has earned little respect. You have to have at least one of those as the QB.

All you hear is that he is an outcast? Can you name one player who said that?

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if he is worse. Just read some analysis that expects him to be worse. I read a number of player evaluations of him and apparently he isn't a good pocket passer and responds poorly to pass pressure. Some of the same issues Kap has and not good being the 49ers have one of the worst olines the league. Two things going for him. The 49ers have already gone through some the tough defenses and Kilgore could be back soon which would provide a major boost to the line.

Blaine Gabbert ran the spread offense in Missouri. He only started for two years before going into the draft after his Junior year, getting selected 10th overall by the jaguars, and then thrown into the fire as I believe the youngest QB to ever start a full season. Every draft analysis I have read on the guy says he has all the physical traits and tools you would want but won't be ready to start right away due to his short college career and not having run an NFL style offense under center. I think his failure in Jacksonville is more what should have been expected than not. I don't think he is a better QB than Kaep, but I am a little intrigued to see what he does.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it doesn't matter who is the starting QB.
Martin, 49ers' offensive linemen get remarkably low marks

Center- Martin ranked 30th out of starting centers
RG- Devey- Ranked 55 of 56 out of guards
LG- Boone- Ranked 36 overall in guards.
RT- Pears- Ranked 53 out of 60 in tackles.
LT- Staley- Ranked 6th overall in tackles.(best in the group, pro bowl type).

Tiller- ranked in the middle of the pack with limited snaps. Doesn't have enough snaps yet to be ranked. Still don't get why he isn't our full time starter.

Overall this line is really bad. Staley is the only one playing well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it doesn't matter who is the starting QB.
Martin, 49ers' offensive linemen get remarkably low marks

Center- Martin ranked 30th out of starting centers
RG- Devey- Ranked 55 of 56 out of guards
LG- Boone- Ranked 36 overall in guards.
RT- Pears- Ranked 53 out of 60 in tackles.
LT- Staley- Ranked 6th overall in tackles.(best in the group, pro bowl type).

Tiller- ranked in the middle of the pack with limited snaps. Doesn't have enough snaps yet to be ranked. Still don't get why he isn't our full time starter.

Overall this line is really bad. Staley is the only one playing well.

This week they are facing the 23th ranked pass defense at home. so they could make something happen. The telling game will be the following one in Seattle where you know Avril and Bennett will abuse the right side of this line and Gabbert will be under some serious pressure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week they are facing the 23th ranked pass defense at home. so they could make something happen. The telling game will be the following one in Seattle where you know Avril and Bennett will abuse the right side of this line and Gabbert will be under some serious pressure.
It was actually a sneaky move to start Gabbert against Atlanta pass rush. Now if Gabbert does ok they will be like see it was all Kap. Im more interesting to see him against Seattle. That will be more telling.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you hear is that he is an outcast? Can you name one player who said that?

Pozz commented on this for all of you who know him. kaepernick has always been a quiet person who keeps to himself in the locker room. This isn't anything new. He isn't an outcast, but just someone who keeps to himself.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert may not provide anything more than Kaepernick does but at least I'm looking forward to the game this Sunday

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually a sneaky move to start Gabbert against Atlanta pass rush. Now if Gabbert does ok they will be like see it was all Kap. Im more interesting to see him against Seattle. That will be more telling.
Good lord! Your man crush on this guy is ridiculous.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we keep Kaep for next season. Too expensive. If he was paid lan average quarterback salary then maybe.
Agreed. You cannot spend 16 Mil on a QB who not only does nothing to help the team but absolutely kills any chance of winning.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if he is worse. Just read some analysis that expects him to be worse. I read a number of player evaluations of him and apparently he isn't a good pocket passer and responds poorly to pass pressure. Some of the same issues Kap has and not good being the 49ers have one of the worst olines the league. Two things going for him. The 49ers have already gone through some the toughe defenses and Kilgore could be back soon which would provide a major boost to the line.
Imagine how bad you gotta be to lose your job to Blaine Gabbert.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaepernick is all about Kaepernick; has been from the start.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is not the answer, and nobody believes he is the answer or legit alternative. Kaepernick is not the answer, and people need to start comprehending that. The change isn't a hope that somehow Gabbert is our Tom Brady in hiding.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whether you're a team mate, coach, or fan, it's easy to not like Kaep when he is underperforming. Big paycheck quarterback comes with big responsibility and expectations. Gabbert can be an interception machine the rest of the season and I'm sure people will be far less critical.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone starting the next pregame thread? We still have half a season left.