• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap Benched

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You cannot spend 16 Mil on a QB who not only does nothing to help the team but absolutely kills any chance of winning.

This O line kills any change of winning. It's been historically bad for two years in giving up sacks, turned a QB into a shell of himself and gotten three running backs hurt. I'm no Kap apologist, but the fact that they bench Kap and keep Devey starting with Tiller outplaying him is a total joke.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This O line kills any change of winning. It's been historically bad for two years in giving up sacks, turned a QB into a shell of himself and gotten three running backs hurt. I'm no Kap apologist, but the fact that they bench Kap and keep Devey starting with Tiller outplaying him is a total joke.

^^^This....how Pears and Devey still have jobs is beyond me....like still employed by the Niners, not just their starter positions.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick is that Luck is struggling/injured and Kaepernick is simply not good. The end.

Now that #7 is benched, I'd also like to see a major shakeup on the OLine. It's time to see what Brandon Thomas and Trent Brown can do. I don't care if they're actually worse than Pears and Devey - if that's possible - but they are supposedly the future, correct? Last I know, they aren't on IR or anything....might as well throw them in and see what they can do.

Marcus Martin is a bad football player - completely overmatched. Boone has been poor this year, and even Staley's play has declined. Overall, it's just a piss-poor unit, and with the bye coming up, I'm hoping to see at least one change on the line.

Kilgore is supposed to practicing with the team soon...and I would add Tiller to the list of people who should be getting shots at playing OL for the team. I'd be down to bench Boone as well, considering he's playing like dog shit all year as well. Show me a line of Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Tiller, Brown in that order and let the young guys play.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore is supposed to practicing with the team soon...and I would add Tiller to the list of people who should be getting shots at playing OL for the team. I'd be down to bench Boone as well, considering he's playing like dog shit all year as well. Show me a line of Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Tiller, Brown in that order and let the young guys play.

For what its worth, I was able to directly ask Matt Maiocco about Brandon Thomas. His reply was brief but he echoed what I heard. Thomas has looked bad in practice and still hasn't recovered from his injury. I think Brown would be the next up at tackle. Boone could be negatively affected by having Martin at center. I believe Martin is currently the worst ranked center in the league and if he's not the worst, he is right up there close to it.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, I was able to directly ask Matt Maiocco about Brandon Thomas. His reply was brief but he echoed what I heard. Thomas has looked bad in practice and still hasn't recovered from his injury. I think Brown would be the next up at tackle. Boone could be negatively affected by having Martin at center. I believe Martin is currently the worst ranked center in the league and if he's not the worst, he is right up there close to it.

Another brilliant pick by Baalke, along with Jenkins, Looney, James, Carradine and Lattimore.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt, Martin's suckitude has something to do with Boone's terrible play, but if we are going full rebuild mode, it's Boone's contract year and the likelihood of him resigning with the team are slim so lets see what we have with ALL of our young OL.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Kaepernick's problems run way deeper than a bad O Line.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be at least puzzled if they don't make at least one switch after the bye (not counting Kilgore). The season is over, and the OLine has been right at the top of biggest disappointments....lets see if there is any future on the current roster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. its some good stuff. I thought this was very interesting. Its weird how perception looks.

Player A stats
59% comp %
1615 yards
6 TD's
5 ints
28 sacks
78.8 QB rating

Player B stats
54% Comp %
1523 yards
11 TDs
8 Ints
13 sacks
78.1 QB rating.

Player C Stats
62% Comp %
1864 yards
7 TDs
11 Ints
12 sacks
75.1 QB rating

1 is being benched and the other is in talks of MVP the other is fading. Player A is having a better year but being benched and Player B is in talk of MVP. Player C was once great. Shows what a good team behind u can make you look better. Also shows how bad a team u have around u makes people think you suck. Player C has the same record as player B but having a worse year. Player C has a great D.

Player A (Kap)
Player B (Cam)
Player C (Payton)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at least puzzled if they don't make at least one switch after the bye (not counting Kilgore). The season is over, and the OLine has been right at the top of biggest disappointments....lets see if there is any future on the current roster.

Any vets not signed through 2017 should be on the bench in favor of younger players for evaluation. If we are going to suck balls this season, we might as well get some tape on our own players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another brilliant pick by Baalke, along with Jenkins, Looney, James, Carradine and Lattimore.

Yep, the 2013 draft aint looking too hot right now. Reid and Dial are the only two who look good out of that draft

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ANOTHER reason why i no longer like drafting IR players. After the 4th round maybe, but otherwise don't go there anymore. NONE of these higher picks have panned out, zero. Worse, none of these guys are even close. Carradine got the most snaps so that ain't saying much.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert may not provide anything more than Kaepernick does but at least I'm looking forward to the game this Sunday

Really? Are you really looking forward to it? I mean... if I know the bridge has been watched out, and I hear the train whistle.... I might run down to where the bridge once was just to see what happens but I wouldn't say that is the same as "looking forward to it"

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true that Brandon Thomas is still recovering from injury, then that is a legit case for him not to see the field.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap will be on the bench for only a game or two. The 9ers need him to build some trade value for next season.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap will be on the bench for only a game or two. The 9ers need him to build some trade value for next season.

According to his contract, he gets paid a lot if he gets injured. For that reason, I don't think he gets on the field again. If teams were legitimately interested in him, I think he'd have been shipped off around the time Vernon was traded.