• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap Benched

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's way too early to give up on Kap IMHO.

You don't see the Colts benching Andrew Luck.

I hope it's just giving him a break to clear his mind.

I think Gabbert will do worse behind this O-line and subpar offense.

Trading VD makes sense. He was underperforming and he would have walked at the end of the year. Plus he's 31. Better to get something instead of nothing.

EARLY???

Kaep didn't play well last SEASON either, how much longer do you need?

Kaep took over in 2012, how many more SEASONS do you need?

Kaep is no longer a 'young player', you make the change because the rest of the team is no longer buying in. Gabbert is unlikely to do much better, but it'll give other players SOME hope. They already know they can't win with Kaep, and it ain't even close.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage in his career and he still has no idea how to read coverage? Yea, I'm fine with moving on from him.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is still on the team and on the bench.

Go Gabbert!

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I see we are going to hell in a hand basket unite fast. Good news is basketball season is just starting up and since I bailed on the 9ers last december it's been much easier nd healthier for me. Why bother with this clown franchise? Got a long way to go to turn around...haven't come close to hitting bottom yet..the lost decade is coming again...Warriors are the best game in town now...why bother with this clusterF? Choo choo all aboard the Warriors Winning Ways train just leaving the station...

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most of us bother because we are fans of the team lol. Not saying you have to watch this shit show, but it's not everyday people admit to being fair-weather fans. Especially ones that frequent a sports message board.

Is your user name ironic?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well most of us bother because we are fans of the team lol. Not saying you have to watch this shit show, but it's not everyday people admit to being fair-weather fans. Especially ones that frequent a sports message board.

Is your user name ironic?
Been a long time bay area sports fan . Been 49 ers fan since the Brodie Kezar days. First game in person at Kezar result ...T Detroit 49 -49ers 3. This shiet show is just beginning. Waterboy Jed is a egotistical clown looking for fame of his uncle. This was all foretold by those of us who been around. As for fair weather fan...it doesn't wash..why support such incompetence?? Supporting incompetence just leads to more imcompetence...more wasted time...I have actually been watching this board infrequently..total clown organization now..why bother..way to turn off your fan base Jeddy... The Warriors ,Giants, and now Raiders are the hope of Bay Area now...49ers are circling the turd bowl. Optimist refers to preferred outlook not the reality of the state of current 49ers team. We are on deconstruct mode right now. Really sad state of affairs..and it all starts at the top...in fact the top looks like a dirty bottom that needs serious wiping. Too bad..we lose again..

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time bay area sports fan . Been 49 ers fan since the Brodie Kezar days. First game in person at Kezar result ...T Detroit 49 -49ers 3. This shiet show is just beginning. Waterboy Jed is a egotistical clown looking for fame of his uncle. This was all foretold by those of us who been around. As for fair weather fan...it doesn't wash..why support such incompetence?? Supporting incompetence just leads to more imcompetence...more wasted time...I have actually been watching this board infrequently..total clown organization now..why bother..way to turn off your fan base Jeddy... The Warriors ,Giants, and now Raiders are the hope of Bay Area now...49ers are circling the turd bowl. Optimist refers to preferred outlook not the reality of the state of current 49ers team. We are on deconstruct mode right now. Really sad state of affairs..and it all starts at the top...in fact the top looks like a dirty bottom that needs serious wiping. Too bad..we lose again..

Totally respect your view. I still watch games to see how things unfold.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EARLY???

Kaep didn't play well last SEASON either, how much longer do you need?

Kaep took over in 2012, how many more SEASONS do you need?

Kaep is no longer a 'young player', you make the change because the rest of the team is no longer buying in. Gabbert is unlikely to do much better, but it'll give other players SOME hope. They already know they can't win with Kaep, and it ain't even close.

You make it sound like we won an NFC Championship in spite of Kaepernick which is ridiculous. He propelled us to those wins and has some amazing playoff performances and is 4-2 in those games. Alex Smith after a decade is 1-2 in the playoffs. I agree that Kaepernick is struggling and playing badly... But I think the whole team is playing badly. Its not a good team period and Kaep is just the easy scapegoat.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jed York was born on third base and acts like he hit a triple. Its disgusting.

And yeah.... having three or so warriors games in between each niners game takes the sting off of sundays doesn't it!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You make it sound like we won an NFC Championship in spite of Kaepernick which is ridiculous. He propelled us to those wins and has some amazing playoff performances and is 4-2 in those games. Alex Smith after a decade is 1-2 in the playoffs. I agree that Kaepernick is struggling and playing badly... But I think the whole team is playing badly. Its not a good team period and Kaep is just the easy scapegoat.

do you want Kaep to continue starting? if your answer is no, then WTF are you talking about above?

if your answer is yes, then WTF are you watching in every one of our losses? We don't just barely lose, we're losing PATHETICALLY. Please don't tell me you didn't know every NFL team starts at QB?

we ALL know it ain't ONLY Kaep, we know. But if it ain't changing the QB - which makes the largest impact by ONE player - what are you suggesting otherwise? Cause you can't change 5 offensive linemen by Sunday, you can't sign Julio Jones by Sunday, you can't trade for Tom Brady by Sunday?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is it doesn't matter who the QB is right now. This team sucks. Yes Kap is to blame but there is blame all around. Kap isn't the only reason. I can think of 2 other spots to blame before Kap (Oline and Coaching). Either way it doesn't matter what order people think to blame, overall this team is just bad. I see us maybe winning 2 more games.

Lions keep going with Stafford, Baltimore hasn't benched Flacco(back to back bad years), Colts haven't bench luck even though his back up has more wins, Miami hasn't bench Tannehill, Jacksonville hasn't bench Bortles, Phiily with bradfod, bears with cutler.

there are a lot of teams doing bad. Im ok with the change but Im just saying no benching him for the season might not make sense. Why not see what the end result is so u can make a decision to cut him. What happens Gabbert gets hurt and Kap plays the last 2-3 games and has good games now the front office will keep him. I ok with a 1-2 game breather.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Truth is it doesn't matter who the QB is right now. This team sucks. Yes Kap is to blame but there is blame all around. Kap isn't the only reason. I can think of 2 other spots to blame before Kap (Oline and Coaching). Either way it doesn't matter what order people think to blame, overall this team is just bad. I see us maybe winning 2 more games.

Lions keep going with Stafford, Baltimore hasn't benched Flacco(back to back bad years), Colts haven't bench luck even though his back up has more wins, Miami hasn't bench Tannehill, Jacksonville hasn't bench Bortles, Phiily with bradfod, bears with cutler.

there are a lot of teams doing bad. Im ok with the change but Im just saying no benching him for the season might not make sense. Why not see what the end result is so u can make a decision to cut him. What happens Gabbert gets hurt and Kap plays the last 2-3 games and has good games now the front office will keep him. I ok with a 1-2 game breather.

IMO we're moving on from Kaep. Yes, injury could happen to Gabbert, and he goes back in. Gabbert could be a turnover machine and Kaep goes back in. but after this season, we're moving on from Kaep, cause the team can no longer unite under him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we're moving on from Kaep. Yes, injury could happen to Gabbert, and he goes back in. Gabbert could be a turnover machine and Kaep goes back in. but after this season, we're moving on from Kaep, cause the team can no longer unite under him.
We will find out. I do think we move on but it wouldn't shock me if Kap finishes strong we keep him. This front office is clueless.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we keep Kaep for next season. Too expensive. If he was paid lan average quarterback salary then maybe.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we keep Kaep for next season. Too expensive. If he was paid lan average quarterback salary then maybe.
true, but if he has back to back good games to end the year might give them faith again. Smart move is to move on. We are in rebuild process anyways.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are moving on for sure. I really doubt it matters what Kap does (assuming he plays again, which is likely). if he plays well in a couple games this season it is an aberration. He has shown what he can do against our division opponents and it is absolutely nothing good.

Isn't there some kind of injury clause or something in his contract? Or did I hear that wrong (maybe it was RGII). Where if he gets hurt he gets more guaranteed money. Which I guess would make sense why they would bench him if that were the case.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are moving on for sure. I really doubt it matters what Kap does (assuming he plays again, which is likely). if he plays well in a couple games this season it is an aberration. He has shown what he can do against our division opponents and it is absolutely nothing good.

Isn't there some kind of injury clause or something in his contract? Or did I hear that wrong (maybe it was RGII). Where if he gets hurt he gets more guaranteed money. Which I guess would make sense why they would bench him if that were the case.

You heard right. If he gets hurt, he is due a bunch of money.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 99% certain that Kaep is gone next year.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess. Kaep's injury clause will keep Gabbert on the field the rest of the season. No way the front office wants to risk a chunk of money for a quarterback that can't produce for them. Really bad for the spirit of the game if Gabbert shows he's no better than Kaep.