• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap Benched

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. I wasn't really paying attention to the game until it got really interesting.

Only folllowing online. Colts have made quite a comeback. Others have posted that Panthers went into a prevent defense, thus allowing the Colts to come back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Typical Luck. Very fitting.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win for Carolina. Would have been an epic comeback if Indy closed the deal. Not meant to be.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was inaccurate on a number of throws and is forcing things. Cam Newton threw one bad pass in the 4th qtr but had some really nice passes down the stretch

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, anyone think Gabbert will close out the season?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view of running QBs in general (not all of course but almost all) is that athletic/running Qbs don't learn to read defenses in high school or college because they can always try to use their athleticism to win, whereas a non-mobile QB has to learn how to be a QB technically because that's the only real way to success.

Now there are athletic QBs like Fran Tarkington (maybe R Wilson and Big Ben) who are nifty at getting away and then getting into position to throw but who are pocket QBs who can run a bit but mostly for escapeablility.

P.S. I remember the NFL Films show where Deacon Jones (hall of fame) said he hated to play Tarkington and he said that when the played him that when they got a chance to hit Fran he said it was that they tried to hit him as hard as possible as to kill him so they wouldn't have to chase him around anymore. :pound:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was time for a change. I don't know if it will matter, but Niners want to see if he can spark the offense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will guess no. He will either get hurt or get benched. The interesting thing will be who is the next guy up. I don't think it will be Kap. Kap either gets traded prior to tomorrow's trade deadline or he spends the rest of the season in bubble wrap.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was time for a change. I don't know if it will matter, but Niners want to see if he can spark the offense.

I'd love to be wrong, but Gabbert is nothing more than a stop gap. I think it's pretty safe to say that nothing is going to turn this season around. There is nothing this team does well. 2-14 looks very possible, maybe even probable.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling is the front office wants Kaep off the field to prevent injury.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will guess no. He will either get hurt or get benched. The interesting thing will be who is the next guy up. I don't think it will be Kap. Kap either gets traded prior to tomorrow's trade deadline or he spends the rest of the season in bubble wrap.

I actually like Thompson on the PS...probably has a lot of work to do still...but I really liked him in college. Who knows he could be a diamond in the rough...or in this case...a diamond in a burning fire.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view of running QBs in general (not all of course but almost all) is that athletic/running Qbs don't learn to read defenses in high school or college because they can always try to use their athleticism to win, whereas a non-mobile QB has to learn how to be a QB technically because that's the only real way to success.

Now there are athletic QBs like Fran Tarkington (maybe R Wilson and Big Ben) who are nifty at getting away and then getting into position to throw but who are pocket QBs who can run a bit but mostly for escapeablility.

P.S. I remember the NFL Films show where Deacon Jones (hall of fame) said he hated to play Tarkington and he said that when the played him that when they got a chance to hit Fran he said it was that they tried to hit him as hard as possible as to kill him so they wouldn't have to chase him around anymore. :pound:

Have you watched Cam Newton play lately? He runs like a RB and still throws the ball pretty well from the pocket. He slumped hard though after his rookie year, but seems to be putting it together now. Carolina though is not afraid to let him play. The 49ers are terrified to let Kaep just be an athlete from the position. Even on plays now where he has an easy 5-10 yard run in front of him he's instead looking to throw until there's nothing left to make of the play. The coaching staff has pretty much over filled his head and long gone is the free willing Kaep that we brought in to play the Bears on MNF when Smith got hurt. The same guy that ran all over the Packers and put us in the Super Bowl. What's left is the shell of player trying to be the QB he was never meant to be.

Maybe being benched for a week or so is what he needs to reset himself. Maybe Gabbert really is a 1st round talent and the Jags were just that bad around him. Maybe the he excels now that the weight of a franchise is off his shoulders. Who knows but I do know benching Kaep right now was the right move to make. I wouldn't cut him either. He should still be the starter next year, but we should still use a 1st or 2nd on a QB to sit behind him. Maybe that pressure of holding off a replacement like he did Smith will push him forward again, and if not the young guy gets to play early. Then again if Gabbert does well so long Kaep we can keep Gabbert on the cheap to do the same thing. Honestly though with his contract Kaep should be easy to trade.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Cam Newton play lately? He runs like a RB and still throws the ball pretty well from the pocket. He slumped hard though after his rookie year, but seems to be putting it together now. Carolina though is not afraid to let him play. The 49ers are terrified to let Kaep just be an athlete from the position. Even on plays now where he has an easy 5-10 yard run in front of him he's instead looking to throw until there's nothing left to make of the play. The coaching staff has pretty much over filled his head and long gone is the free willing Kaep that we brought in to play the Bears on MNF when Smith got hurt. The same guy that ran all over the Packers and put us in the Super Bowl. What's left is the shell of player trying to be the QB he was never meant to be.

Maybe being benched for a week or so is what he needs to reset himself. Maybe Gabbert really is a 1st round talent and the Jags were just that bad around him. Maybe the he excels now that the weight of a franchise is off his shoulders. Who knows but I do know benching Kaep right now was the right move to make. I wouldn't cut him either. He should still be the starter next year, but we should still use a 1st or 2nd on a QB to sit behind him. Maybe that pressure of holding off a replacement like he did Smith will push him forward again, and if not the young guy gets to play early. Then again if Gabbert does well so long Kaep we can keep Gabbert on the cheap to do the same thing. Honestly though with his contract Kaep should be easy to trade.

I'm not yelling or anything I guess I was too subtle but I said most running QBs not all, so yes Cam seems to be one of the few exceptions. Just clarifying not arguing with you.

I think Running QBs can work for a while but if they are limited they can be game planned against and eventually shutdown. Also Kaep isn't getting big runs anymore as he is not a nimble runner who can make tacklers miss in general. When he gets a big run it is usually when they drop back too far and leave him running room and that is usually when it 2nd or 3rd and long and that exposes him to big hits if he doesn't slide to keep from legally getting hit thereby not getting the full yardage on a run.

P.S. Cam can read coverage much better than Kaep and can get throws into tighter spots than Kaep.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not surprise me if Kaep is traded tommorow. Team like the Eagles might take him. Who knows.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY, that idiot is benched.

:hammer::nutswing::whoo::dance:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the trade deadline. Pick him up, Jets.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Int killed the colts.
Nope I think he gets hurt. he wont survive with that line. Our Line is worse then the line he played with. I do think if we win or show big improvement He will get the next start. I think its a week to week thing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing Jets are going hard after Kap.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I think he gets hurt. he wont survive with that line. Our Line is worse then the line he played with. I do think if we win or show big improvement He will get the next start. I think its a week to week thing.

Assuming Kaep doesn't get traded today, I think putting Kaep out there is a bigger risk for the front office. They may need to shell out guaranteed money if Kaep is injured.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing Jets are going hard after Kap.

All this talk about the Jets and Eagles, I thought maybe the Cowboys may be interested. I feel for our players. I'm hoping they escape this evil regime. VD got lucky.