• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Kansas City Royals vs San Francisco Giants

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, Royals.....now please take 2 of 3 from these overrated & lucky SOB's this weekend.

:suds:

They're not even the best team in the NL West. Luck is the only thing that explains what they're doing in the World Series. That lineup is paltry at best with a paper-thin rotation and shaky pen.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, Royals.....now please take 2 of 3 from these overrated & lucky SOB's this weekend.

:suds:

:lol: This is more wishful thinking than reality. As I stated earlier, only time will tell but I take my chances with the Giants.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not even the best team in the NL West. Luck is the only thing that explains what they're doing in the World Series. That lineup is paltry at best with a paper-thin rotation and shaky pen.

Of course they are. Regular season of 162 games with its injuries and warped opinions from pundits who do not know anything about baseball is meaningless as far as baseball is concerned. The Giants have proven over and over again (by winning 2 WS in 4 years) that they are the best team in the NL. I am sure the same "paltry line up and paper-thin pen" team was the one that beat both Nationals and St.Louis. If luck is what we are talking about I would take that luck anytime in October! Ralph Emerson once said "Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." The Giants believe in the latter. Go Giants!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still an uphill battle for the Royals but I really hope they learn something from this game and make it a goal to get into the Giants 'pen ASAP. Boch is forced to float some pretty awful relievers out there and his #2 pitcher is Jake Peavy. Hell, Tim Hudson is starting tomorrow.

Go Royals!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. Regular season of 162 games with its injuries and warped opinions from pundits who do not know anything about baseball is meaningless as far as baseball is concerned. The Giants have proven over and over again (by winning 2 WS in 4 years) that they are the best team in the NL. I am sure the same "paltry line up and paper-thin pen" team was the one that beat both Nationals and St.Louis. If luck is what we are talking about I would take that luck anytime in October! Ralph Emerson once said "Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." The Giants believe in the latter. Go Giants!
To be fair, the postseason has been riddled with injuries and warped opinions from pundits. Health is a skill, though, and that has to be factored in.

I will say that if Petit was on any number of other teams besides the Giants, the Giants would be fishing right now and that other team would probably be in the World Series. The margin is pretty thin like always but yeah, the Giants deserve to be where they are.

Royals have never played in SF. Might be a big deal

Last edited by a moderator:

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI the local media here in KC this morning claims the Royals left for Frisco last night. but the Giants stayed here overnight and will leave today :noidea:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI the local media here in KC this morning claims the Royals left for Frisco last night. but the Giants stayed here overnight and will leave today :noidea:

"The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!" :clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now being labeled "the Strickland incident"

That big catcher would have stomped his rookie ass and been right back out there at the top of the next inning.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we know for a fact that Bumgarner will go again. Will the Royals play him the same way again or adjust?

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we know for a fact that Bumgarner will go again. Will the Royals play him the same way again or adjust?

no doubt KC has or is looking at the vid from that game.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt KC has or is looking at the vid from that game.

It's going to be interesting to see how the winner of game 3 adjusts their rotation (if at all). If the Giants win, do they still trot Bumgarner out on short rest or let him sit?

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see how the winner of game 3 adjusts their rotation (if at all). If the Giants win, do they still trot Bumgarner out on short rest or let him sit?

yeah. he's got all winter to rest up. use it or lose it

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will KC bump Shields back up for another start since they only got three innings out of him before?

probably so but Yost won't wait long if he screws the pooch again