• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will gladly offer a 3rd round pick for him....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so y'all don't need to have this hanging over your heads going into the season.

:lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody realize that the Seahawks would take $5.5 cap hit if they trade Kam?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody realize that the Seahawks would take $5.5 cap hit if they trade Kam?

Yes... and if he really wants to stick it to them then he could also ask for a trade. Which he hasn't. Also read on the Seattle Times this morning that Kam isn't exactly looking to get out of Seattle as well. All we know now is that the team is preparing to move on with or without him. Season's ready.

He of course rejected their proposal get rid of his fines if he comes back though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st rounder will be tough...not because he's not worth a 1st rounder, but to give up a 1st round pick and take on his new contract should turn off most teams.

If my figures are close...$5.6, $6.1, and $8.1 are what's left on his current deal...that ranks #4 (this yr) for his position...maybe he should be ranked higher but you're splitting hairs at a certain point and I think he's at that point now...don't blame the Hawks...let his ass sit and watch.

Yeah you make a good point... 1st rounders don't cost as much as they used too for sure since the league cracked down on those rookie contracts... But I"m sure it's pretty tempting for some teams because they know what there getting in Kam... But again, the Seahawks would send a BAD message trading him or giving into his demands... Like you said, let him watch ... I"m sure losing 260,000 dollars every game will make him a little un-easy ....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you make a good point... 1st rounders don't cost as much as they used too for sure since the league cracked down on those rookie contracts... But I"m sure it's pretty tempting for some teams because they know what there getting in Kam... But again, the Seahawks would send a BAD message trading him or giving into his demands... Like you said, let him watch ... I"m sure losing 260,000 dollars every game will make him a little un-easy ....

I'm all for the players...get as much as you can get within your short window of opportunity...but when you're already paid among the top 5 in the league at your position...c'mon man!

When you look at his deal closer...okay I see where he's coming from...not that much G$ compared to say Thomas...at 27 you probably won't get another big deal after this one. His thing is he wants some security going out the door and I can't blame him for that, but holding out on a deal you just signed 2 yrs ago is not going to get it done.

Antonio Brown was in a similar situation in PIT...he whined but didn't hold out and they reworked his deal to bump his '15 cash by $2 mil.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A First round pick shouldnt be hard to come by especially for a lower first round pick with teams that are contenders, i bet the colts, steelers, ravens, cowboys etc would give up their 1st for Kam. The thing is too is that he is 27 years old under contract for 2 more seasons after this one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A First round pick shouldnt be hard to come by especially for a lower first round pick with teams that are contenders, i bet the colts, steelers, ravens, cowboys etc would give up their 1st for Kam. The thing is too is that he is 27 years old under contract for 2 more seasons after this one.
First round picks are like gold in the NFL. How many of those teams need a SS, how many have the cap room? Will a SS be the piece they need to go all the way?
Also is a 1st worth taking a $5.5 cap it and losing Kam?

Lastly any team trading must realize that they'll have to give Kam more money?

All this talk about trading Kam is nonsense. Not going to happen IMO. To many obstacles for a trade to happen.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to Kam though I am really disgusted with the way he is handling things whoever is advising him should be fired. In what world does it make sense to refuse 270,000 a week? Then if he sits out a season thats 5 mil that he could have gotten and if the seahawks or whatever team decides to actually entertain him the fact that he missed the 2015-16 season wont look good on his part when asking for a raise.

What he is hoping for (which is why im disgusted) is that this defense suffers with his absence which would force the hawks hand and pay him, BUT if the hawks perform well and the defense still looks good then its an even bigger egg on his face and they will DEFINITELY not pay him more to come back. The odds of this working out in his favor is very slim just come back to work dude

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to Kam though I am really disgusted with the way he is handling things whoever is advising him should be fired. In what world does it make sense to refuse 270,000 a week? Then if he sits out a season thats 5 mil that he could have gotten and if the seahawks or whatever team decides to actually entertain him the fact that he missed the 2015-16 season wont look good on his part when asking for a raise.

What he is hoping for (which is why im disgusted) is that this defense suffers with his absence which would force the hawks hand and pay him, BUT if the hawks perform well and the defense still looks good then its an even bigger egg on his face and they will DEFINITELY not pay him more to come back. The odds of this working out in his favor is very slim just come back to work dude
It's not going to work out in his favor.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC just take week 1 off bud. It's all good! :thumb:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round picks are like gold in the NFL. How many of those teams need a SS, how many have the cap room? Will a SS be the piece they need to go all the way?
Also is a 1st worth taking a $5.5 cap it and losing Kam?

Lastly any team trading must realize that they'll have to give Kam more money?

All this talk about trading Kam is nonsense. Not going to happen IMO. To many obstacles for a trade to happen.

I wasnt refering to a trade right now I was talking more into the offseason when teams know where they are on the draft board. Teams cut players to gain cap space at the beginning of the offseason and if they were close to making or winning a superbowl then what use is a low end 1st round pick compared to trading it for kam?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt refering to a trade right now I was talking more into the offseason when teams know where they are on the draft board. Teams cut players to gain cap space at the beginning of the offseason and if they were close to making or winning a superbowl then what use is a low end 1st round pick compared to trading it for kam?
Next offseason? Now that makes more sense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the players...get as much as you can get within your short window of opportunity...but when you're already paid among the top 5 in the league at your position...c'mon man!

When you look at his deal closer...okay I see where he's coming from...not that much G$ compared to say Thomas...at 27 you probably won't get another big deal after this one. His thing is he wants some security going out the door and I can't blame him for that, but holding out on a deal you just signed 2 yrs ago is not going to get it done.

Antonio Brown was in a similar situation in PIT...he whined but didn't hold out and they reworked his deal to bump his '15 cash by $2 mil.

Antonio Brown, how many years did he have left on his deal ?