• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, know it well AO. Earliar this summer I was up 3 strokes on my pastor @ Nile on 18, a par three. I commented how he couldn't beat me, and immediately thought of that verse and mentioned it to him. I promptly hit my first two shots in the water, and took a nine, He shot and won by three. Never get haughty with your pastor. I've had a good laugh and used it as a good object lesson since.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Seattle Isn't Interested In Trading Kam Chancellor
This past weekend, reports surfaced that other teams around the League had expressed interest in trading for Kam Chancellor, the Seahawks' strong safety who has yet to report. While nothing has changed on Chancellor's status this week, Carroll made it clear the team is not entertaining any trade offers with other NFL clubs.

“There has been a couple phone calls from other teams," Carroll said. "People just kind of wondering what’s going on. We’re really not interested in talking to them about that, so we don’t.”

Three Things We Learned From Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll to Open Week 1 of the Regular Season

Not that this isn't true, but he couldn't say anything to the contrary. If he did then Kam would just dig his heels in more knowing that another team is willing to restructure his deal to get him.

I don't know what the fuck Kam is thinking. He's untradable under the current circumstances and if we were to play ball with him then we'd be nothing but middlemen negotiating terms with a third party. I'm sick of him. Hopefully the bum just retires or something. Sign a big deal front loaded like that and then want to double-dip like he is? It's bullshit.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we all laughed (myself included) when Kaepernik signed his deal that was essentially a 2 year deal with a bunch of option years following. Now it seems that most contracts are set up like this. Earl Thomas and Richard Shermans contracts are like this too with very little dead money over their final years, meaning decreasing contract leverage as their careers go on. Even JJ Watt, who many consider the best player in football, signed a 6 year extension, but it's really a 3 year extension with 3 option years, the final 2 of which have no dead money at all. What kind of vitriol will he face when he holds out with 3 years left on his deal, if they haven't renegotiated by then? Kam is just the tip of the iceburg, the days of players holding out going in to the final year of a deal are shrinking, the days of players holding out with 2-3 years left will be the new norm because of how these contracts are structured.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the days of players holding out with 2-3 years left will be the new norm because of how these contracts are structured.
Unless teams pull the trick of making the back end years big base salaries to inflate the avg annual value of the contract. Then the teams will be wanting to re-structure ahead of having to dish out that big cheese....or they cut the player if he's older.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless teams pull the trick of making the back end years big base salaries to inflate the avg annual value of the contract. Then the teams will be wanting to re-structure ahead of having to dish out that big cheese....or they cut the player if he's older.

For big time franchise type players still at their peak, that will be the deal. But everyone else...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing that is SOOOO stupid about what Kam's doing..... NO one wins, Seahawks don't win, Kam doesn't win... It's a lose lose for everyone... His timing couldn't be worse, Seahawks are not gonna budge, Kam will not have his contract renegotiated ... This whole thing is a waste of his effin time, he's gonna owe money and not get paid a red cent by the Seahawks.... GREAT strategy ... It's clear he's gonna miss the Rams game, he's taking this into the regular season... OK Kam, pay every fine, I hope the Seahawks stick it to you ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Kam. I'm done with him. He can have fun not playing football this year and not getting paid. What a fucking idiot he is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired hearing "it's a business" Yes and we all have job's and want more money but if we did this we would be FIRED! end of story. These players are employee's of the NFL, Even subcontracted employees can be FIRED or terminated and their contracts torn up. Saying the NFL can do this so players should have more say is BULL SHIT!! why should they have more power than anyone else when talking about employment? Why because they make MILLIONS? BS.

Subcontractors can go to their Employer and say " it's going to cost more" but they may or MAY NOT get the extra money needed and have to do it according to "THEIR CONTRACT" unless the Employer agree's to up the amount.

If a subcontractor did this type of strong arm tactic in the real life he wouldn't get a DIME and would lose all the money he had spent on the project. They might try to take it to court but then they would lose more money. Why? BECAUSE THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT!

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Pete on the radio talk about how he felt and instead of giving his usually "Pete talk" we're he always tries to be positive, he let it be known he was very disappointed about the situation , very unusually for him.
I think Boogie had it right, this is a lose/ lose deal. Kam is about to learn the hard way that this was a very bad idea.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired hearing "it's a business" Yes and we all have job's and want more money but if we did this we would be FIRED! end of story. These players are employee's of the NFL, Even subcontracted employees can be FIRED or terminated and their contracts torn up. Saying the NFL can do this so players should have more say is BULL SHIT!! why should they have more power than anyone else when talking about employment? Why because they make MILLIONS? BS.

Subcontractors can go to their Employer and say " it's going to cost more" but they may or MAY NOT get the extra money needed and have to do it according to "THEIR CONTRACT" unless the Employer agree's to up the amount.

If a subcontractor did this type of strong arm tactic in the real life he wouldn't get a DIME and would lose all the money he had spent on the project. They might try to take it to court but then they would lose more money. Why? BECAUSE THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT!

So the contracts should be fluid on the teams side, but rigid on the players side? Please... Both sides signed the contract, and in that contract he was granted the right to hold out for more money. Just like it give the right to the team to cut him. This happens in the real world too, if you are worried that would get fired for this, that's because you are expendable. This is not unique to the NFL, only the amount of zeros is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that we have passed the official point where he's not going to be in game 1 even if he returns right now am I allowed to say Fuck Kam? :noidea:

I'm a SEAHAWKS fan. Not a Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, or Chancellor fan. As long as the players are representing my team I support them. Kam now is putting my team in a jam that could hurt their chances at having another deep playoff run. And why? Because he wants more security on the deal he still has 3 full fucking years on? :L

FUCK
KAM
CHANCELLOR

He's loosing more than paychecks at this point. He's already lost fans and will be losing more with each day that passes that he is screwing over our team.

Pull your god damned head out of your ass and do the fucking job you signed the contract to do.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the contracts should be fluid on the teams side, but rigid on the players side? Please... Both sides signed the contract, and in that contract he was granted the right to hold out for more money. Just like it give the right to the team to cut him. This happens in the real world too, if you are worried that would get fired for this, that's because you are expendable. This is not unique to the NFL, only the amount of zeros is.

Why should it be different for the NFL player than how it is in the REAL LIFE?

These players are like sub-contractors, Their agents go in and get a contract for their clients just like sub contractors go in and bid for jobs. If the sub contractor signs the contract for what was bid they have no say about that contract after that. They can go to the holder of that contract and explain how things are going to cost more BUT they are not going to get more money or entitled to more money because of the contract they signed it is up to the holder of the contract to either grant them the extra money OR TEAR UP THE CONTRACT and go with someone else. END OF STORY!! That's how it works in the real life people. NFL players are delusional if they think just because the team/NFL can terminate a contract that they have some right to strong arm the team/NFL. It doesn't work like that in the real life it has NEVER worked like that in the real life why on god green earth should it be different for these players? What makes them BETTER than us? Sorry Sonny these players are NOT better than us and do not deserve some special treatment that we don't get with our contracts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it be different for the NFL than how it is in the REAL LIFE?

These players are like sub-contractors, Their agents go in and get a contract for their clients just like sub contractors go in and bid for jobs. If the sub contractor signs the contract for what was bid they have no say about that contract after that. They can go to the holder of that contract and explain how things are going to cost more BUT they are not going to get more money or entitled to more money because of the contract they signed it is up to the holder of the contract to either grant them the extra money OR TEAR UP THE CONTRACT and go with someone else. END OF STORY!! That's how it works in the real life people. NFL players are delusional if they think just because the team/NFL can terminate a contract that they have some right to strong arm the team/NFL. It doesn't work like that in the real life it has NEVER worked like that in the real life why on god green earth should it be different for these players? What makes them BETTER than us?
Must say what I've heard about contractors and sub contractors goes against what your claiming. Thus over run of projects like building highways and bridges and such. Pretty much never held to a firm number.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the sub contractor signs the contract for what was bid they have no say about that contract after that.

That depends on the language of the contract. Quality contractors cover their asses

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that we have passed the official point where he's not going to be in game 1 even if he returns right now am I allowed to say Fuck Kam? :noidea:

I'm a SEAHAWKS fan. Not a Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, or Chancellor fan. As long as the players are representing my team I support them. Kam now is putting my team in a jam that could hurt their chances at having another deep playoff run. And why? Because he wants more security on the deal he still has 3 full fucking years on? :L

FUCK
KAM
CHANCELLOR

He's loosing more than paychecks at this point. He's already lost fans and will be losing more with each day that passes that he is screwing over our team.

Pull your god damned head out of your ass and do the fucking job you signed the contract to do.
No permission needed. Hate away Wiz. I'm not happy about it, more like disappointed this happened. Seahawks will be fine either way. I really like what I'm seeing from this defense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is up to the holder of the contract to either grant them the extra money OR TEAR UP THE CONTRACT and go with someone else.

Nobody has removed the Hawks right to do this.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes QUALITY contractors cover their ass and NFL Players should also but they do not. There was no stipulation or wording in his contract that said " if he want or thanks he has out performed his contract he can strong arm the Org. For more money. I do sub contract work as a Route engineer so i have first hand knowledge on how subcontracting works and if i tried this BS on my client they would rip my contract up and i wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I signed the contract and all that was stated inside, i Bid for my wages and if i thought it would cost more i should have put that into my contract of possible cost over runs ( which i have done many times )

Sorry but NFL players are NOT better than the every day people and do NOT deserve some special treatment. END OF STORY, say what you want but you are totally wrong about this. Kam doesn't have even the slightest bit of power and as far as " they have the right to hold out" sure they do hold out but in the real world if i would hold out from a job i bid and was contracted on WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? yep termination.

My Posts is about the fact that these players believe that some how they are better than US the people and fans and do not have to honor contracts because the team can tear them up. Yeah well it's like that in the real world you morons ( players )

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Hellie from NFLN saying he talked to Kam and Kam says they're < $1M apart. If that's true, this is getting done this week. He won't be in uniform for STL, but I bet he's on the field @ GB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Hellie from NFLN saying he talked to Kam and Kam says they're < $1M apart. If that's true, this is getting done this week. He won't be in uniform for STL, but I bet he's on the field @ GB.
Mmmmm not sure I feel about this.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes QUALITY contractors cover their ass and NFL Players should also but they do not. There was no stipulation or wording in his contract that said " if he want or thanks he has out performed his contract he can strong arm the Org. For more money. I do sub contract work as a Route engineer so i have first hand knowledge on how subcontracting works and if i tried this BS on my client they would rip my contract up and i wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I signed the contract and all that was stated inside, i Bid for my wages and if i thought it would cost more i should have put that into my contract of possible cost over runs ( which i have done many times )

Sorry but NFL players are NOT better than the every day people and do NOT deserve some special treatment. END OF STORY, say what you want but you are totally wrong about this. Kam doesn't have even the slightest bit of power and as far as " they have the right to hold out" sure they do hold out but in the real world if i would hold out from a job i bid and was contracted on WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? yep termination.

My Posts is about the fact that these players believe that some how they are better than US the people and fans and do not have to honor contracts because the team can tear them up. Yeah well it's like that in the real world you morons ( players )

Umm...the Hawks could terminate Kam's contract if the so desired, dude.