• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. But regardless, his leverage will only decrease over the next three years for any kindication of demand. Which he likely knows is the rest of his prime.
Still a foolish decision by him, because he's going to lose this battle.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a foolish decision by him, because he's going to lose this battle.

Likely. But he could still win the war. How foolish the decision is can only be judged in hindsight, at the end of his career when you can see how much money he has earned, vs what he would have earned on his current deal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logicallylethal

I believe it's about how he is going about it, everyone here knows Kam should be the top paid SS in the game or close to it and he IS, so thats a thorn and the fact that he is a top paid SS then what does he want? If he wants Earl money like we have heard then he will be making 3 Million a YEAR more than the next SS, close to 33% more. That just screams greed. A few years ago SS was the highest paid position when talking about Safeties but look who was playing there then Woodson and Troy just to name a few. What did these guys do that is better than what Kam does? Cover. Kam is a great SS but he is more like a tweaner in our defense a safety/LB and wouldn't have as much success if he was asked to cover WR's all the time. He is not agile enough to stay up with most WR's in man coverage. Yes he has 4.48 40 speed which means he can run with most WR at least for a little bit but at 235 pounds he can not cut like them. I believe he needs to understand his role in this defense and that is not to be a true SS but more of a LB/SS and that doesn't mean you should earn 33% more than the next SS in the NFL.

Had he asked for something like 1 million more i bet the Hawks would have restructured his contract pushing some of his money from the last year on his contract to this season and maybe even bumped up his bonus to 10 million from the 5 he got. But he is asking for pretty much asking to make 33% more then the next highest paid SS. WTF really Kam.

I would go out and throw my body at anyone in the NFL for 3 million a year let alone for 7 mill. a 290 pound lineman heck yeah i would sell out and hit him as hard as i could and not care if i broke my arm or leg or blew out a knee if i am making 2 or 3 million a year. Why? i played football and i LOVED it, if i didn't have bad knees i would have played longer and i would give up anything to be a NFL player JUST TO PLAY! When i see players doing what Kam is doing then you have to look at it like "does he love the game any more" when you lose the love of the game then you do not play as hard or as good as you did before.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one feel that Earl Thomas makes him look better than he actually is... Kam's great... He's known for his big hits but there is no way he should be paid like a FS...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one feel that Earl Thomas makes him look better than he actually is... Kam's great... He's known for his big hits but there is no way he should be paid like a FS...
Oh I agree he shouldn't be paid like a FS, but he is a unique talent, one we'll miss when he is gone. He is the intimanator for this team. He puts fear into the oppentent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree he shouldn't be paid like a FS, but he is a unique talent, one we'll miss when he is gone. He is the intimanator for this team. He puts fear into the oppentent.

True... But I feel that if/when he's gone, he won't be as good... I think our system makes him better than he actually is... Same with Byron Maxwell... I don't think he's nearly as good in Philly as he was in Seatown...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... But I feel that if/when he's gone, he won't be as good... I think our system makes him better than he actually is... Same with Byron Maxwell... I don't think he's nearly as good in Philly as he was in Seatown...
Guess I disagree . I think he makes the system better myself.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to give the impression that I've read every post in this thread because I haven't . But I was listening to the local Arizona radio and there was talks about the potential trade of Cam Chancellor. I don't know what is right or wrong I'm just curious as to what the local beat is saying. I know Cam is unhappy with his contract which actually disgusts me because when you sign a contract, you sign a contract. There should be nothing up for discussion. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was driving home this evening and heard on the radio that there are sources from within the Seahawks saying there is scant optimism that Chancellor reports this week and will be in uniform on Sunday. :noidea:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to give the impression that I've read every post in this thread because I haven't . But I was listening to the local Arizona radio and there was talks about the potential trade of Cam Chancellor. I don't know what is right or wrong I'm just curious as to what the local beat is saying. I know Cam is unhappy with his contract which actually disgusts me because when you sign a contract, you sign a contract. There should be nothing up for discussion. Can anyone shed some light for me?

*Kam

From what I hear the "trade talk" merely consists of teams calling the Seahawks and gauging where they are at simply because they see the situation and they want to see if there is any window of opportunity but Seahawks have not entertained any offers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was driving home this evening and heard on the radio that there are sources from within the Seahawks saying there is scant optimism that Chancellor reports this week and will be in uniform on Sunday. :noidea:
Well, I hope that's how it happens, but the gameplan goes in tomorrow, right? Tick, tick, tick.

And if he doesnt show, that big game check is gone and never to return.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B&S saying this morning that today is the "Walter Jones" day in this situation for Kam. He gets paid for game 1 if he's in today, but if he shows up tomorrow the team can rule him ineligible and no game check.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have issues with Bennett. Didn't care that he asked for money, but I know quite a few that now can't stand him for even trying.
Wow, tough standard. They must REALLY despise RW then. Not only did he ask for more money, he got it!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the way into work that the Giants are interested in Kam.

I honestly wonder what we could get for him. 2nd rounder?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the way into work that the Giants are interested in Kam.

I honestly wonder what we could get for him. 2nd rounder?

I think Seattle could get a 1st rounder honestly... But they have no interest in a trade because that would still reward Chancellor ... If he doesn't show up today he's as dumb as a box of rocks... He can't win this, he's only gonna give up 260,000 dollars a game ... Quarter of a millions dollars for every game he misses... WOW Kam that's brilliant... Seattle should just enforce every back fine, enforce every future fine... and let him wallow in his BS ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any teams that wants him will have to entertain his contract demands as well. It'll just be another team's headache instead of ours because he isn't going to suddenly be happy if the team that picks him up does not negotiate his guarantee money demands. The Seahawks can get something very good in return for Chancellor.

If they don't want to trade him... fine, that's OK too, just start handing out the fines.

At this point, the Hawks have no choice but to move on with or without Chancellor, there is a lot at stake here than just one individual.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle could get a 1st rounder honestly... But they have no interest in a trade because that would still reward Chancellor ... If he doesn't show up today he's as dumb as a box of rocks... He can't win this, he's only gonna give up 260,000 dollars a game ... Quarter of a millions dollars for every game he misses... WOW Kam that's brilliant... Seattle should just enforce every back fine, enforce every future fine... and let him wallow in his BS ...

1st rounder will be tough...not because he's not worth a 1st rounder, but to give up a 1st round pick and take on his new contract should turn off most teams.

If my figures are close...$5.6, $6.1, and $8.1 are what's left on his current deal...that ranks #4 (this yr) for his position...maybe he should be ranked higher but you're splitting hairs at a certain point and I think he's at that point now...don't blame the Hawks...let his ass sit and watch.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Cam is unhappy with his contract which actually disgusts me because when you sign a contract, you sign a contract. There should be nothing up for discussion. Can anyone shed some light for me?

I agree with you in principal about contracts, but in the NFL contracts are pretty one-sided. Other than the signing bonus, the NFL can cut you at will and not pay your contract. I therefore understand the "get all the money you can" impulse that many players exhibit. NFL careers are typically very short.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get too tied up in the total numbers of a contract. His contract was not a 5 year deal, it was a 3 year deal, with 2 option years.