• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, The Seahawks should just hold firm. How many game checks will Kam have to lose to realize that his stately is not working. Most likely fines will be waived but now this hold out is going to cost Kam some serious coin
IMO just holding firm is the right thing to do. Not a good idea to sell when his value is rock bottom. Some folks here want to punish him by sending him to a shit team....sigh...that just emotions. The smart thing is to do what you said. Hold firm until he waves the white flag.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO just holding firm is the right thing to do. Not a good idea to sell when his value is rock bottom. Some folks here want to punish him by sending him to a shit team....sigh...that just emotions. The smart thing is to do what you said. Hold firm until he waves the white flag.
Yes, holding firm appears to be the strategy.

And GB fans are crossing fingers that the staring contest lasts a couple more weeks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, holding firm appears to be the strategy.

And GB fans are crossing fingers that the staring contest lasts a couple more weeks.
That's OK, let's introduce them to the DL.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him. Time to move him. Even if he does show up this season he'll just pull the same stunt next season or retire. Trade him with his current deal to someone else. If they're willing to give up a first and a third then we come out ahead.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if he gets something it will be just enough for him to save face.

And saving face rather then getting what he wants will encourage him to do it again? Mmmm I think not because I'm sure he would realize there would be no give next time. I don't think the Seahawks should budge if he misses a game. Fines stick, game check gone. That's the best way to send the message they want.
Besides nobody is going to give a 1st and 3rd. Not even a 1st IMO.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And saving face rather then getting what he wants will encourage him to do it again? Mmmm I think not because I'm sure he would realize there would be no give next time. I don't think the Seahawks should budge if he misses a game. Fines stick, game check gone. That's the best way to send the message they want.
Besides nobody is going to give a 1st and 3rd. Not even a 1st IMO.

There's plenty of teams that would give a 1st rounder for him. Snyder's already taking calls. If this goes on another week then he's gone. Fuck him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty of teams that would give a 1st rounder for him. Snyder's already taking calls. If this goes on another week then he's gone. Fuck him.
Taking calls, yes I'm sure of that, from teams looking for a steal. Nobody is trading a 1st for a SS who is within a eyelash of being the highest paid SS in the league, but wants to get paid like a FS. They would have to be stupid.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm looking at it right, trading him is the same as cutting him in terms of cap hit. According to spotrac, his dead cap money right now would be $7.5M. That seems pretty steep. Probably would require us making some fairly significant moves for it to work.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm looking at it right, trading him is the same as cutting him in terms of cap hit. According to spotrac, his dead cap money right now would be $7.5M. That seems pretty steep. Probably would require us making some fairly significant moves for it to work.
No I think it's $5,450,000. You got to look for his dead money after June 1st, they usually list pre June 1st figures.
Not that it matters, that's to big of a hit for the Seahawks to take.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can admit when I'm wrong. I thought there was a high percentage chance Kam came in early the week of the Rams game to avoid losing game checks. I was obviously wrong. Seems clear he is not close to coming back. At least if you listened to Carroll talking about it this morning on 710.

I now think there is less than a 25% chance we see Kam in a Seahawks uniform again.

This team is so close to putting up the best defense maybe in league history and this selfish dumbass goes off the rails with this stupid shit. As a Seahawks fan I cannot be anything other than pissed at him. He's under a contract he signed himself and is looking to sabotage this team for selfish gains with 3 years still left on it.

Fuck Kam.

Even if he does come back now, Still Fuck Kam.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last player to take a hold out this far? Vincent Jackson in San Diego.

Even if he does come back no way is he a Seahawk next season. The relationship is likely ruined

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last player to take a hold out this far? Vincent Jackson in San Diego.

Even if he does come back no way is he a Seahawk next season. The relationship is likely ruined
Yeah, I don't know about all that. Once this is over, it's over. Emmitt held out for 2 regular season games and then still went on to do pretty well with the Cowboys.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*** Kam Chancellor. This team will be fine without him. I'd rather have Seattle cut this dork, spend the money on the DL, and start Bailey. Kam is probably the most overrated SS in the NFL.. Thomas/Sherman secure the secondary, Kam has by FAR the easiest job in the NFL. All he has to do is cover 3 and the mid part of the field. Sherman/Thomas do all the work.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is definitely disappointing. Real shitty move by Kam here, putting himself before the team. Just gotta hope Bailey plays well in his place. Like most have said I'm not sure this bodes well for Kam's chances of every suiting up in a Seahawks uniform again. Can't say that bothers me much however if this is the kind of shit he's going to pull.

What's the word on Earl? Last I heard there was a decent chance he was going to play on Sunday.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say at this point is Go Dion Bailey! The 12's are rooting for you to do well. And Go Hawks! as we prepare for week one.

Fk Kam Chancellor.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lots of fans are angry, but when Kam comes back ( and he will at some point) then makes some monster plays you'll forgive him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lots of fans are angry, but when Kam comes back ( and he will at some point) then makes some monster plays you'll forgive him.
This. Everyone will be happy to have him back.

No I think it's $5,450,000. You got to look for his dead money after June 1st, they usually list pre June 1st figures.
Not that it matters, that's to big of a hit for the Seahawks to take.

Yeah, I did the roll-over on the same site and it said $5.55M after 1 June.