• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam "Bam" Chancellor resigns

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA is weak, really weak. The deal they signed put the teams in wonderful position. I like that, but totally understand players not being happy with it. Let them squack, it does no harm really. Kam is going to lose this battle, feel kind of sad that he took this on, because he has no chance IMO. Keep in mind he took his career in danger by playing injuried in the SB. Maybe the smart thing for him to do is not play, because if his career would of ended there, the Seahawks would of been off the hook.
I agree, that would have sucked for Kam. Although, anyone that signs an NFL contract and looks beyond the guaranteed money is a fool. IMO, the player should accept the contract based off of the guaranteed money and anything they can muster after the guarantees have been realized is just the cherry on top.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or when the Hawks were on the hook for roughly $9 million after shipping Harvin out due to the structure of his contract.

They took their pill because they made a poor decision. Just like what Kams doing now.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Where were all these people screaming about honoring contracts when TJ Houshmanzadah's five year deal was ripped up by the team one year in?
We handed him a check for $8 million and sent him on his way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely it's ok, why? Because that's what the players association agreed to with the NFL in structuring their contracts. I'm not saying I agree with the structure, but Kam knew how it works when signing his deal and yet he didn't protect himself enough apparently. A contract is an AGREEMENT by multiple parties in which was signed by both parties stating that they are on the same page. Kam took advantage of the opportunity to sign early, but now doesn't want to follow through on what they agreed too. The whole, "well, they can back out when they want without recourse" excuse is hogwash. The players know this going into any contract in the NFL, and therefore it's their responsibility to protect themselves BEFORE signing the contract in the chance that a release takes place. The dude is one year into his contract........he's on his own cause that's BS. FWIW, Kam is one of my favorite players on the team and does bum me out about his antics.
Well, not hogwash and not an excuse. It's the 100% true reality of the way these "contracts" are set up. Teams have a way out but players do not. You can go on and on about the players association and all that, but it doesn't change what the reality is.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Where were all these people screaming about honoring contracts when TJ Houshmanzadah's five year deal was ripped up by the team one year in?

TJ was an unproductive asshole. The idiot went on the radio and told fans that if they're going to boo then don't show up even though the team was stinking it up. Total cancer.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ was an unproductive asshole. The idiot went on the radio and told fans that if they're going to boo then don't show up even though the team was stinking it up. Total cancer.

Hey, a contract is a contract. And the team agreed to 5 years, not 1.

But yeah, he was a major asshole.