• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam article

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is the heart beat of the defense.

Everyone who was quick to jump on the "Kam is injury prone he is expendable" bandwagon needs a reality check. There is no Legion of BOOM without Kam.

Kam IS the boom. This defense is still good without him of course, there's too much talent on this team not to be good. But Kam's presence adds a level of intimidation to the defense that makes this a championship caliber defense.

Kam's hit on Demaryius in the Superbowl is a perfect example of that. He sets the tone. He fills the gaps in the run game. He pushes blockers into running backs. And even when he doesn't make the tackle, his presence makes receivers hesitate any time they run a route in the middle of the field.

The Seahawks have such a special core with Sherman, Earl, Kam, Wagner, KJ, Avril, and Bennett. 10-20, heck 30-40 years from now people will still be talking about THIS Seahawks defense.

I think as fans sometimes we get too caught up with the ultimate goal (winning the Superbowl) that we forget to just enjoy watching these guys play. We are blessed to have such a great group of high character guys who also happen to be great football players.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kam but the first couple of games this season where he was injured our defense didnt look that bad and you can point out games where he has created key hits or plays but there has been games where TEs have burned him for TDs. After this season it will mark 3 straight season where he missed games either due to injury or his personal reasons. I would like to keep him but idk if it would be a great investment to give him a long term contract of 4 years or more

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kam but the first couple of games this season where he was injured our defense didnt look that bad and you can point out games where he has created key hits or plays but there has been games where TEs have burned him for TDs. After this season it will mark 3 straight season where he missed games either due to injury or his personal reasons. I would like to keep him but idk if it would be a great investment to give him a long term contract of 4 years or more

He's been great and one of my fav's for sure... If the team decides to finally invest some money into the OL, it could come at Kam's expense...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been great and one of my fav's for sure... If the team decides to finally invest some money into the OL, it could come at Kam's expense...

In my opinion its not the whole offensive line that needs help its the players at the tackle positions. Fant, Gilliam and Sowell are not getting it done. I can live with glowinski, britt and ifedi in the interior. In the past we had a great run game which kinda covered what we had on the line its easier to be aggressive and have the line attack to run the ball as oppose to dropping back which requires more technique.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion its not the whole offensive line that needs help its the players at the tackle positions. Fant, Gilliam and Sowell are not getting it done. I can live with glowinski, britt and ifedi in the interior. In the past we had a great run game which kinda covered what we had on the line its easier to be aggressive and have the line attack to run the ball as oppose to dropping back which requires more technique.

I'm very comfortable with how the future looks at the C/G's in the middle... You're definitely right in saying that the Tackle position is the one that needs some desperate help... I don't see Fant being a solid LT... I hope we draft the LT from Alabama this year... Cam Robinson I think his name is...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very comfortable with how the future looks at the C/G's in the middle... You're definitely right in saying that the Tackle position is the one that needs some desperate help... I don't see Fant being a solid LT... I hope we draft the LT from Alabama this year... Cam Robinson I think his name is...

I dont think Cam will make it past the 15th pick seems like OL is something every team in the league wants and can never have to much of like pitching in baseball. I kinda like Fant hes very athletic its just that he is very new to the game of football I wouldnt mind having him at RT and getting an experienced vet at LT. I was hoping Terry Poole would have worked out for us

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAY too early to judge Fant. The guy never played football for crissakes, comes into an NFL game, and doesn't look out of place. Doesn't look like a star, no, but holds his own.

That should make anyone at least think, 'hmmmmm', maybe we should give him some time to learn/develop.

Heh, I kill me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Cam will make it past the 15th pick seems like OL is something every team in the league wants and can never have to much of like pitching in baseball. I kinda like Fant hes very athletic its just that he is very new to the game of football I wouldnt mind having him at RT and getting an experienced vet at LT. I was hoping Terry Poole would have worked out for us

backup Tackle is where i'd feel comfortable with Fant going into next season...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAY too early to judge Fant. The guy never played football for crissakes, comes into an NFL game, and doesn't look out of place. Doesn't look like a star, no, but holds his own. .

"Holds his own"? I guess I'd be interested in your definition of that... I don't see it, especially on passing downs... He looks lost an awful lot...

I don't want to wait and see if a "project" like him can protect the blind side of our franchise QB... Yeah, he could definitely improve but no one knows if he'll improve enough to be a quality starting LT in this league... I'd rather him sit and learn the game as a backup next season...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Holds his own"? I guess I'd be interested in your definition of that... I don't see it, especially on passing downs... He looks lost an awful lot...

I don't want to wait and see if a "project" like him can protect the blind side of our franchise QB... Yeah, he could definitely improve but no one knows if he'll improve enough to be a quality starting LT in this league... I'd rather him sit and learn the game as a backup next season...

And fair enough. I don't think the team wanted to have him start. But it seems to me that some are writing him off.

And it wasn't until this last game that he had issues, he actually looked OKAY (held his own) the two games prior to that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fair enough. I don't think the team wanted to have him start. But it seems to me that some are writing him off.

And it wasn't until this last game that he had issues, he actually looked OKAY (held his own) the two games prior to that.

Indeed. I think the loss of Britt screwed everyone up on the line.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From listening to the ESPN podcasts, it seemed that everyone was pretty stoked about how he played those first two games, not perfect, but again, looked like he belonged.

And again, as a guy who never played football.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fair enough. I don't think the team wanted to have him start. But it seems to me that some are writing him off..

You're right... Going into the season, Gilliam was the guy they were hoping would lock down that LT position... We know how that ended up...

They definitely drafted Fant to see if they could develop him like Sweeney...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From listening to the ESPN podcasts, it seemed that everyone was pretty stoked about how he played those first two games, not perfect, but again, looked like he belonged.

And again, as a guy who never played football.

He was decent in the first game but I didn't get too excited about anything since... Looked like teams figured him out very quickly and are taking their opportunity to expose him now... Like you said, it's because he doesn't know the game - that's the part that worries me...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was decent in the first game but I didn't get too excited about anything since... Looked like teams figured him out very quickly and are taking their opportunity to expose him now... Like you said, it's because he doesn't know the game - that's the part that worries me...

How do you 'figure out' a lineman? The point I'm trying to make is that as a guy who never played organized football, he's a good enough athlete to play in an NFL game and not embarrass himself.

Now imagine he has some time to learn the intricacies of the position, and mentally figure out what they're trying to do with protection schemes.

And again, not to say that he's the next Big Walt.

But if he improves as much as, oh say Britt has in the last two years, imagine what his ceiling could be.

At any rate, that's it, my whole point, is that it's too early to declare him a dud. Someone to be cut or traded or taken out behind the barn and shot.

So sure, be 'worried.' But also, think about what could be if Cable teaches him the stuff he never got while playing college basketball at a high level. At the very least, he's a damn intriguing prospect.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not be too far away from having a decent OL.
If 3/5's of the positions are somewhat established, we only need 2 T's to complete the package. It is possible one of the future T's is already on the roster.
Next year we will have assets we can allocate to the OL, whether it is a mid priced FA or draft picks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you 'figure out' a lineman? The point I'm trying to make is that as a guy who never played organized football, he's a good enough athlete to play in an NFL game and not embarrass himself.

Now imagine he has some time to learn the intricacies of the position, and mentally figure out what they're trying to do with protection schemes.

And again, not to say that he's the next Big Walt.

But if he improves as much as, oh say Britt has in the last two years, imagine what his ceiling could be.

At any rate, that's it, my whole point, is that it's too early to declare him a dud. Someone to be cut or traded or taken out behind the barn and shot.

So sure, be 'worried.' But also, think about what could be if Cable teaches him the stuff he never got while playing college basketball at a high level. At the very least, he's a damn intriguing prospect.
I am good with seeing if Fant can become a LT we can rely on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the old saying ".hope for the best, but prepare for the worse " that's how I feel about Fant going forward. Definitely need to address both tackle position next off season IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the old saying ".hope for the best, but prepare for the worse " that's how I feel about Fant going forward. Definitely need to address both tackle position next off season IMO.

My sentiments as well...