• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernicks Football IQ

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, its just a personal preference.

I rather have a Dodge Ram over a Ford F150 because I like the front grille and the Ram logo. It doesn't make it better than the F150, its just my personal preference. :suds:

So you would rather have a QB who is not better as long as your preferences are met? As a fan, my preference isn't defined by anything besides whomever I think is the better QB. Based on your truck analogy, it sounds like your preference for QB's is based on looks or some other non-essential trait.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, its just a personal preference.

I rather have a Dodge Ram over a Ford F150 because I like the front grille and the Ram logo. It doesn't make it better than the F150, its just my personal preference. :suds:

I'd rather have the F150 simply because it's the better truck.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bickering about what truck is better needs to stop now!

It's clearly the Silverado that is better. :whistle:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Chevy Camaro guy but if I was going to buy a truck it would be the Silverado. Chevy's all day err day!

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10521337_676696625742128_5831725428446376780_n.jpg

Lets just say I believe in Kaep enough to make him my license plate.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much that GM does right, but I guess Camaro is one of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one beats American Trucks.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10521337_676696625742128_5831725428446376780_n.jpg

Lets just say I believe in Kaep enough to make him my license plate.

How are you going to have a Kap license plate but not paint 49er colors? :pound:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to have a Kap license plate but not paint 49er colors? :pound:

The 49er red car was 3K more than the bumble bee car. Plus I think the bumble bee car looked better. I didnt go with the Kaep license plate until after owning the car for a year.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really not see the similarities in issues whether the QB was Alex or Colin?

Colin may dress and talk funny but he's not stupid. The coaches need to help the young kid and it hasn't been happening.

Get someone in here who actually helps put his players into positions to show off their skills and hide their weaknesses and you'll see a much "smarter" Kaepernick.

Look at Alex in KC. Reid is calling plays to hide his arm strength issues and his reluctance to throw into tight coverage and emphasize his short/intermediate passes.

Very few players can do it despite round peg/square hole playcalling.

Kaepernick has things he can improve on but for the time being the coaches have to help him along the way and it hasn't been that way.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really not see the similarities in issues whether the QB was Alex or Colin?

Colin may dress and talk funny but he's not stupid. The coaches need to help the young kid and it hasn't been happening.

Get someone in here who actually helps put his players into positions to show off their skills and hide their weaknesses and you'll see a much "smarter" Kaepernick.

Look at Alex in KC. Reid is calling plays to hide his arm strength issues and his reluctance to throw into tight coverage and emphasize his short/intermediate passes.

Kaepernick has things he can improve on but for the time being the coaches have to help him along the way and it hasn't been that way.

The help is there now. They went back to running the football and then play action to open of the passing lanes. 1st 2-3 weeks Harbaugh wanted to air it out but that was not the right offense for Kap and this team. Strength is running the football.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

my opinion is that we keep expecting/hoping Kaep to take two steps up, but what we're seeing now is close to his ceiling. Kaep isn't a rookie, having started since end of 2012, so if he had more intangibles it would've showed by now.

not saying he is worthless and needs to go, he is a good QB but not a 'top tier' one. he will not become a top tier NFL QB coaching or no coaching. intangibles are from within the player, so Coaching, play calling, better teammates, can only help so much.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my opinion is that we keep expecting/hoping Kaep to take two steps up, but what we're seeing now is close to his ceiling. Kaep isn't a rookie, having started since end of 2012, so if he had more intangibles it would've showed by now.

not saying he is worthless and needs to go, he is a good QB but not a 'top tier' one. he will not become a top tier NFL QB coaching or no coaching. intangibles are from within the player, so Coaching, play calling, better teammates, can only help so much.

One thing has also been consistent though...Greg Roman.

You can't possibly watch games like the one yesterday and not notice a clear difference in how different the looks are for each QB. How many tough throws did Alex have to make?

This offense is a grind. When we pass the ball very rarely do we get guys wide open. You say intangibles are from within the player. What intangibles do you look for in a QB that you think Colin doesn't have?

Did Steve Young have the intangibles?

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The help is there now. They went back to running the football and then play action to open of the passing lanes. 1st 2-3 weeks Harbaugh wanted to air it out but that was not the right offense for Kap and this team. Strength is running the football.

I disagree. I'm not talking about us running the ball. I'm talking about the times when we have to pass the ball there should be things done to make it easier for Colin.

We saw just a few weeks ago that given the opportunity for quick passing Colin can do that. Against Arizona(one of the better defenses in the league) Colin was on point, got the ball out quick, made very good decisions...yet somehow we go away from it. Why?

We can run from our spread formations. Yes Bruce Miller is a great lead blocker but Gore/Hyde can run out of the spread. Look at what Lynch does with Seattle.

At the very least when you're not going to run the spread when you do call passing plays at least have some nice designs to them. Scheme your guys open. Get the ball out quick and let your receivers make plays. Do you think he couldn't make the two throws Alex made yesterday for TDs?

We have got to be one of the top teams in having their receivers make contested catches with DBs practically on their backs. How is that helping your young QB?

What's easier - throwing to a guy that's wide open or throwing to a guy who has a DB right on his ass?