• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernicks Football IQ

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your overall opinion is fine, but not able to follow the part on how Kaep is playing?

earlier you posted he had two mediocre games, one bad, and one ok. which says he isn't playing well this season. above you posted "he's playing okay. He's certainly at least average"?

he can't have two mediocre and one bad game out of four, and come out 'average'? again, your opinion is fine whatever it is, but it is contradicting on this part.

How is it contradictory? Mediocre means average. So he's had one good game, one bad game, and two average games. I'll say he's playing about average (in other words, he's playing okay), like his team, who is 2-2. I would say that 2-2 is probably about average right now at this point in the season.

I'm a Kaep supporter and I don't want to overstate his play, so I'll hold back from saying he is playing above average so far this season. However, one could make a reasonable argument that he has been above average because his passer rating is certainly above average.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was a poor choice of words for me to say mediocre instead of just using the word average from the beginning. I understand that the word mediocre has come to have negative connotations in the English language even though the word technically means average or in the middle. Just look at the root word "medi".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is it contradictory? Mediocre means average. So he's had one good game, one bad game, and two average games. I'll say he's playing about average (in other words, he's playing okay), like his team, who is 2-2. I would say that 2-2 is probably about average right now at this point in the season.

I'm a Kaep supporter and I don't want to overstate his play, so I'll hold back from saying he is playing above average so far this season. However, one could make a reasonable argument that he has been above average because his passer rating is certainly above average.

Mediocre = Average??!!

so any player who is playing average...ie middle of the pack....is playing mediocre?

it is no wonder.......anyways........

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre = Average??!!

so any player who is playing average...ie middle of the pack....is playing mediocre?

it is no wonder.......anyways........

Seriously, just grab any thesaurus. Average is an accepted synonym for mediocre.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm hardly overstating his performance in those two games I'm calling average (AZ and PHI). It could reasonably be argued that he was above average in those games. He had a passer rating of 96.8 for those two games (103.3 against AZ and 87.9 against PHI). And he rushed for over 50 yards in each of those games, which passer rating doesn't take into account, obviously.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game again and PP was a lot worse than I thought. Kap did a good job getting out of the pocket when he needed to. There are times where I feel like he escapes too early but that wasnt the case in this game.

I dont know how he can improve when it comes to situational awareness on a football field. He takes way too long on his pre snap reads and still tends to miss out on picking up the blitz.

Not much is said about multi-tasking in QBing but its obviously vital in playing the position and he has a hard time with it.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only gripe is clock management. It doesn't seem that hard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously, just grab any thesaurus. Average is an accepted synonym for mediocre.

ok, not a big deal now that I know your definition of mediocre is. ONLY since I happen to have a thesaurus, couldn't help look it up....

mediocre adj - bad, inferior, poor, common, common-place, ordinary, unexceptional.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, not a big deal now that I know your definition of mediocre is. ONLY since I happen to have a thesaurus, couldn't help look it up....

mediocre adj - bad, inferior, poor, common, common-place, ordinary, unexceptional.

Not my definition. I didn't just make the word up. It's been around for hundreds of years. Just like a lot of other words, it has come to have different meanings as the years have gone by, but in its original, literal sense, it didn't mean bad or poor or something negative.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not my definition. I didn't just make the word up. It's been around for hundreds of years. Just like a lot of other words, it has come to have different meanings as the years have gone by, but in its original, literal sense, it didn't mean bad or poor or something negative.

ok, no problem with that now that you informed me.

for ME......in modern times, "mediocre" means "bad, inferior, poor", the first three words from the Thesaurus.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, no problem with that now that you informed me.

for ME......in modern times, "mediocre" means "bad, inferior, poor", the first three words from the Thesaurus.

You're right that in modern times, it has also come to mean that. However, the original meaning is still alive and well. I'll give you an NFL example. Isn't it true that the Cowboys are said to be mediocre? That's because for the better part of the last decade, they're usually either barely a playoff team or a team that falls just short of making the playoffs. They're neither good nor bad; they're mediocre. I looked it up, and I found that the last three seasons, they finished each one 8-8.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first synonyms that came up for me on thesaurus.com were "average" and "commonplace."

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way I can come up with 15 better QBs that I would want on this team.

If we are going by age Kap might be top 7 but lets go with overall and who u would pick right now

Rogers
Ryan
payton
Brady
Brees
Wilson(I still think the d is the main reason for seattle.)

that's about it. Luck hasn't done much, Rivers 1st good year in awhile, Romo chokes and has been 8-8 for the last 3 years, Dalton makes a lot o mistakes, Flacco is a good home QB, Stafford all the weapons and all I have to say is 4-12 last year. RG3 and Cam are nothing special. Give me kap all day long against these guys. Again my opinion.

Obvious you don't. I said its my opinion. Please read before posting. :L

Why don't you proof read your own post before submitting?? Making the statement that I bolded, is not in the form of an opinion.
Your opinion came into play when you gave your assessment of the QBs in the bottom paragraph of your post. Im not trying to go there with you homer, im just participating in the discussion.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't specifically directed at me, but what reason does an ordinary fan prefer one QB over another? Usually, it's because one QB is better than another. I'm sure we have at least a few fans who prefer that we had Tim Tebow because he is seen as a devout Christan, but most would go with who they believe is a better QB. How do you base your preference?

I base preference on the style of play that I think is the most efficient at the position. I prefer someone who can make the proper reads, throw accurate passes, and can beat you from the pocket.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I base preference on the style of play that I think is the most efficient at the position. I prefer someone who can make the proper reads, throw accurate passes, and can beat you from the pocket.

But the bottom line is who is better, right?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the bottom line is who is better, right?

Wrong, its just a personal preference.

I rather have a Dodge Ram over a Ford F150 because I like the front grille and the Ram logo. It doesn't make it better than the F150, its just my personal preference. :suds:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you proof read your own post before submitting?? Making the statement that I bolded, is not in the form of an opinion.
Your opinion came into play when you gave your assessment of the QBs in the bottom paragraph of your post. Im not trying to go there with you homer, im just participating in the discussion.

No homer here just stating facts. Keep up. Its no big deal. we agree to disagree at least my opinions has a good argument.