• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernicks Football IQ

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes he has and he has done his part to make them a SB quality team. Think about it he has gone to more NFC championship games then Brees and Saints has had a SB quality for the last 7-8 years. Yes I know Brees won one my point is their are many QBs that have a SB quality team and haven't gone to 2 straight NFC championship games(3 overall 1 by Smith). Look at Romo 8-8 every year with the talent Dallas has, Stafford 4-12 with the talent on the Lions, Luck choking in Indy in the playoffs, Cam finally making the playoffs and now they suck.

Its hard to keep it going and he is doing it. Kap is fine. Is he the best NO but he is a lot better then most.

yeah, I'm not calling for Kaep to be replaced, he IS fine.

Kaep has be QB'ing a SB quality team from his get go, so reaching the NFC Championship game isn't as 'huge' as it might seem. Alex Smith might've done the same thing. So yes Kaep deserves some credit, but don't overrate him for making that game three years in a row, don't overrate him for making the SB. the quality of team - mainly defense - got us there.

we should be rating him more on his performance as QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep has be QB'ing a SB quality team from his get go, so reaching the NFC Championship game isn't as 'huge' as it might seem. Alex Smith might've done the same thing. So yes Kaep deserves some credit, but don't overrate him for making that game three years in a row, don't overrate him for making the SB. the quality of team - mainly defense - got us there.

Not so sure you can say that the 2012-2013 Niners defense got us to the Super Bowl that season. The defense struggled mightily down the stretch and into the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not so sure you can say that the 2012-2013 Niners defense got us to the Super Bowl that season. The defense struggled mightily down the stretch and into the playoffs.

'mainly defense', not 'only defense'. also depends on what you mean by "down the stretch"?

anyway, if the defense "struggled mightily", then how DID we get there.....with offense? with Kaep?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree that the Defense got us there. Yes in the regular season but not in the playoffs. To be honest our D has let us down in the playoffs compared to what they do in the regular season. Not saying they suck but they haven't been shut down. Kap is a main reason we made it far back to back years. Now I will say there is no more excuses for him because we now have weapons on offense. This should be the year but right now we don't look like a super bowl team. A lot of season left. I know u aren't calling for his head but don't down play what he has done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not many QBs have done what he has done in his short career so far. 2 years starting 1 super bowl and 2 NFC championship games. Not bad. Is he elite like Rogers, Payton or Brees…..NO but he is on that next tier and he is on top or close to the top of that tier of QBs.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way I can come up with 15 better QBs that I would want on this team.

If we are going by age Kap might be top 7 but lets go with overall and who u would pick right now

Rogers
Ryan
payton
Brady
Brees
Wilson(I still think the d is the main reason for seattle.)

that's about it. Luck hasn't done much, Rivers 1st good year in awhile, Romo chokes and has been 8-8 for the last 3 years, Dalton makes a lot o mistakes, Flacco is a good home QB, Stafford all the weapons and all I have to say is 4-12 last year. RG3 and Cam are nothing special. Give me kap all day long against these guys. Again my opinion.

I agree on this list but would switch out Wilson for Luck. Kaep and Wilson are very similar in play. Both have very strong arms but Kaep's arm is stronger. Both are very good at keeping plays alive with their feet. I would actually take Kaep at QB over Wilson if I was building a team and thats not me being a homer. I think Kaep is the better QB but Wilson has the better overall team thats why they won the SB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree that the Defense got us there. Yes in the regular season but not in the playoffs. To be honest our D has let us down in the playoffs compared to what they do in the regular season. Not saying they suck but they haven't been shut down. Kap is a main reason we made it far back to back years. Now I will say there is no more excuses for him because we now have weapons on offense. This should be the year but right now we don't look like a super bowl team. A lot of season left. I know u aren't calling for his head but don't down play what he has done.

wait.....the defense got us to the play-offs three straight years, but Kaep got us the play-off wins? So the defense played good for 16 games and then "disappeared" in the play-offs? if it wasn't for Kaep we lose all the first round play-off games?

nah forget the past, lets just skip to the bolden, after 1/4 of the season does it look like Kaep is having his "banner year"? Or does it feel like we still need to make excuses for him....poor play calling, pass protection breakdowns, no one getting open, etc.?

did we win two games because of Kaep, or because of the D? did we lose two games because of Kaep, or because of the D?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'mainly defense', not 'only defense'. also depends on what you mean by "down the stretch"?

anyway, if the defense "struggled mightily", then how DID we get there.....with offense? with Kaep?

By down the stretch, I meant the latter part of the regular season. The definition could include the playoffs as well.

Just looking at they playoff games that led up to our Super Bowl appearance, I don't think you can say that it was mainly the defense that got us to the Super Bowl that year. What's the most memorable thing about the Packer game? I say it's Kaep running wild. What's the most memorable thing about the Falcon game? To me it's the Niners coming back from a 17-0 deficit. Credit the defense for shutting out the Falcons in the second half after they gave up 24 points to them in first half, but Kaep and the offense certainly contributed their fair share to that win. Kaep's passer rating in that game was well over 100, and if I remember correctly, Gore had 2 touchdowns.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait.....the defense got us to the play-offs three straight years, but Kaep got us the play-off wins? So the defense played good for 16 games and then "disappeared" in the play-offs? if it wasn't for Kaep we lose all the first round play-off games?

nah forget the past, lets just skip to the bolden, after 1/4 of the season does it look like Kaep is having his "banner year"? Or does it feel like we still need to make excuses for him....poor play calling, pass protection breakdowns, no one getting open, etc.?

did we win two games because of Kaep, or because of the D? did we lose two games because of Kaep, or because of the D?

4 games is a very small sample size. It's still way too early in the season. IMO, Kaep's had a good game (DAL), two mediocre ones (AZ and PHI) and a bad game (CHI). The CHI loss is on Kaep, but the loss against AZ can be equally shared between the offense and defense. The Niners offense didn't score in the second half, but the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down plays. The win against Philly goes to the defense. The offense and defense both played well against Dallas. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. Hopefully Kaep improves and the defense remains strong throughout the year, including the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4 games is a very small sample size. It's still way too early in the season. IMO, Kaep's had a good game (DAL), two mediocre ones (AZ and PHI) and a bad game (CHI). The CHI loss is on Kaep, but the loss against AZ can be equally shared between the offense and defense. The Niners offense didn't score in the second half, but the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down plays. The win against Philly goes to the defense. The offense and defense both played well against Dallas. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. Hopefully Kaep improves and the defense remains strong throughout the year, including the playoffs.

1/4 the season isn't THAT small, but anyway, you just posted a neutral opinion....two mediocres plus one bad, out of four. I'm not the only one who doesn't like his performances this season, which hasn't even been 'average'?

anyway, my posting here isn't really to bash Kaep, nor to replace him right away. this started for me because we should be judging him for his QB play. getting team wins and the team reaching the play-offs does deserve credit, but shouldn't get as much emphasis as his own play.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep is a huge reason why we beat the Packers the last 2 years in the playoffs. If it wasnt for Kaep we might of lost those games.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/4 the season isn't THAT small, but anyway, you just posted a neutral opinion....two mediocres plus one bad, out of four. I'm not the only one who doesn't like his performances this season, which hasn't even been 'average'?

anyway, my posting here isn't really to bash Kaep, nor to replace him right away. this started for me because we should be judging him for his QB play. getting team wins and the team reaching the play-offs does deserve credit, but shouldn't get as much emphasis as his own play.

The larger sample shows that he has a career passer rating of 93.4. So far he is at 91.2 passer rating for this season. He's not playing as bad as some people seem to think.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The larger sample shows that he has a career passer rating of 93.4. So far he is at 91.2 passer rating for this season. He's not playing as bad as some people seem to think.

I quoted your opinion of two mediocre plus one bad, so apparently you don't think he's playing well?

anyway, we got what we got in Kaep and hopefully he doesn't throw four picks this Sunday. I will take his historical QB rating against KC.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted your opinion of two mediocre plus one bad, so apparently you don't think he's playing well?

anyway, we got what we got in Kaep and hopefully he doesn't throw four picks this Sunday. I will take his historical QB rating against KC.

Overall, he's playing okay. He's certainly at least average. He actually didn't play that bad against Arizona, but because the Niners didn't score in the second half and he is the leader of the offense, I can't say he had a good game. This season is so young that I won't make conclusions about whether he is having a good or bad season until at least a few more games. And certainly, a slow start to his season doesn't mean he's a below average QB anymore than some poor play by our defense means that they are a below average defense. Just like I said, it's too early to draw conclusions.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way I can come up with 15 better QBs that I would want on this team.

If we are going by age Kap might be top 7 but lets go with overall and who u would pick right now

Rogers
Ryan
payton
Brady
Brees
Wilson(I still think the d is the main reason for seattle.)

that's about it. Luck hasn't done much, Rivers 1st good year in awhile, Romo chokes and has been 8-8 for the last 3 years, Dalton makes a lot o mistakes, Flacco is a good home QB, Stafford all the weapons and all I have to say is 4-12 last year. RG3 and Cam are nothing special. Give me kap all day long against these guys. Again my opinion.

Its funny how no one on this site reads a post clearly, well at least almost no one...
I never tried to debate on who is better, I stated preference. Do you know the difference?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep has run for 50+ yards in each of the last three games, averaging 7.1, 4.5, 8.3 a carry. Not sure how you can say his running ability is not a factor?

Either way, I think Kaepernick is NOT a regular QB. And I feel like the niners are forcing him to be something he is not. He is best on the run, outside the pocket, with options. Why are we forcing him into the pocket? Because that is the traditional role I guess. I just don't see any kind of improvement in the pocket at all, and I think the more we are forcing this only-pocket-passer role he's not going to improve. Something's gotta give but I think Kaep's big play ability and ability to keep plays alive do make him special. He's NEVER going to look like Rodgers/Manning etc, but that's okay with me. I really don't see that many QBs I would take over Kaep. Being a QB in the NFL is very difficult, we should be grateful we even have a QB we can call "decent." After the decade we had with horrific QBs, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Kaep and call for reaching in the next draft. We are 2-2 and Kaep has never even missed the NFC CG, let alone the playoffs. I'm not sure we are all remembering how rare that is.

First, I said not a huge factor, didn't say not a factor. I respect everyone's opinion. According to IQ, which is the topic, their are plenty of QBs I would prefer over him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how no one on this site reads a post clearly, well at least almost no one...
I never tried to debate on who is better, I stated preference. Do you know the difference?

This wasn't specifically directed at me, but what reason does an ordinary fan prefer one QB over another? Usually, it's because one QB is better than another. I'm sure we have at least a few fans who prefer that we had Tim Tebow because he is seen as a devout Christan, but most would go with who they believe is a better QB. How do you base your preference?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I said not a huge factor, didn't say not a factor.

I'm saying it is a huge factor and I think it will remain to be so. I think rushing for over 50 yards like he does is huge in a game, especially when scrambling for third downs on broken plays.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obvious you don't. I said its my opinion. Please read before posting. :L

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Overall, he's playing okay. He's certainly at least average. He actually didn't play that bad against Arizona, but because the Niners didn't score in the second half and he is the leader of the offense, I can't say he had a good game. This season is so young that I won't make conclusions about whether he is having a good or bad season until at least a few more games. And certainly, a slow start to his season doesn't mean he's a below average QB anymore than some poor play by our defense means that they are a below average defense. Just like I said, it's too early to draw conclusions.

your overall opinion is fine, but not able to follow the part on how Kaep is playing?

earlier you posted he had two mediocre games, one bad, and one ok. which says he isn't playing well this season. above you posted "he's playing okay. He's certainly at least average"?

he can't have two mediocre and one bad game out of four, and come out 'average'? again, your opinion is fine whatever it is, but it is contradicting on this part.