• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick..

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years $60 million GUARANTEED...Possibly worth up to $126 million...I'm really surprsied at those numbers...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it will be interesting to see if the 9ers front office can keep a good team around him. Because he ain't good enough to do it on his own and because of that he ain't worth 60...IMO

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good thing to see. I don't know if he actually improved last year from the year before. He's a better than average QB, but not worth that $$. This will hurt their team in the long run.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a laughable deal

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it pays if he gets them to the superbowl

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad for SF good for us. Kaep strikes me as an individual that will make some bad decisions at some point in his career. He also strikes me as a person that might not play as hard once he gets that paycheck. Problem is the Cowboys messed everything up when they gave Romo that huge contract. So every other QB is saying well he's mediocre and he got his, now give me mine.

Why can't we be in the NFC East???? :(

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are stupid.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Flacco deal all over again. I QB with a great D and strong run game looks good because of his team and gets way over paid. Then the defense and run game can't have as much money invested into them and fall off, all of a sudden the team is average. Last years Ravens are a prime example.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such hate surrounding this signing based on assumptions. AngeLakeRam posted the truth. This deal is significantly easier to get out from under compared to, say, the Bradford deal. If you look at it closely, he basically has agreed to earn his pay as opposed to being paid before he produces. This is a brilliant contract that I bet more franchises model big contracts after from here on out.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such hate surrounding this signing based on assumptions. AngeLakeRam posted the truth. This deal is significantly easier to get out from under compared to, say, the Bradford deal. If you look at it closely, he basically has agreed to earn his pay as opposed to being paid before he produces. This is a brilliant contract that I bet more franchises model big contracts after from here on out.

LOL....so if they cut him your team isn't getting screwed over as bad. My question to you is what happens if his performance is just mediocre (aka Sam Bradford) and he remains on the team? Hmmm.... some guys just tend to slack off just a little bit once they get paid. Take a look at what his CAP #s are now till 2020. WOW!!!!

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Colin Kaepernick&Position=QB&Team=49ers

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....so if they cut him your team isn't getting screwed over as bad. My question to you is what happens if his performance is just mediocre (aka Sam Bradford) and he remains on the team? Hmmm.... some guys just tend to slack off just a little bit once they get paid. Take a look at what his CAP #s are now till 2020. WOW!!!!

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Colin Kaepernick&Position=QB&Team=49ers

The difference in this hypothetical is that you expect Kap to REGRESS to mediocrity when his last two seasons have been upper-middle of the pack and should be his floor, so to speak. If you take his 2nd and 3rd year in the league, which were his 1st and 2nd years starting, you will see that he didn't start mediocre. Bradford, OTOH, has been mediocre from the moment he was drafted, albeit coaching changes and injuries played a part.

Also, this idea that some guys slack off once they get paid....I'm glad you brought that up because he gets PAID MILLIONS MORE when he is either All-Pro or wins a Super Bowl...that's when his escalators kick in. Considering that nobody is going to gift him an All-Pro berth and he's not there yet, I'm guessing he still has plenty to work for and towards.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and to answer the question, if he becomes mediocre, then you cut bait and move on. Can't afford 13+ mil per for mediocrity. But he has never shown to be mediocre in college or the pros so I don't expect that to happen. It could, it just isn't very likely.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect him to regress, I'm just saying some do when they get paid and his CAP numbers are huge. Chech out my link below.

I also dont understand why you think they can just cut bait and move on? The first 5 years of his contract(2014-2018) if he were to get cut the 49ers would suffer dead money against your CAP. I'm asuming you know what "dead money" is right?

» Over the Cap- Top NFL Contracts: Quarterback

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Dredinis. Have you factored into this discussion the effects injuries may have on his performance in the future?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Dredinis. Have you factored into this discussion the effects injuries may have on his performance in the future?

No, because it is not a reasonable concern...meaning that there is no way to logically guestimate whether that would occur, like I could, say, an increase in YPC, avg YPG, etc. after getting a healthy Crabtree, Stevie Johnson, and Brandon Lloyd into the WR mix. Those are HUGE improvements at the WR position that I could easily and reasonably guess would have something to do with the kind of passing numbers I would expect out of Kap.

Based on how he handles himself on the field, injury is not a huge concern for me. He is not Vick, where when he runs, he tries to initiate contact. He's actually very good about getting out of bounds and only taking what the defense gives. If he is hurt, it probably won't be because he dove headfirst into a LB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because it is not a reasonable concern...meaning that there is no way to logically guestimate whether that would occur, like I could, say, an increase in YPC, avg YPG, etc. after getting a healthy Crabtree, Stevie Johnson, and Brandon Lloyd into the WR mix. Those are HUGE improvements at the WR position that I could easily and reasonably guess would have something to do with the kind of passing numbers I would expect out of Kap.

Based on how he handles himself on the field, injury is not a huge concern for me. He is not Vick, where when he runs, he tries to initiate contact. He's actually very good about getting out of bounds and only taking what the defense gives. If he is hurt, it probably won't be because he dove headfirst into a LB.

Best of luck on a healthy Stevie Johnson. Sounds like they aren't committing to Crabtree beyond this season either. Lloyd is a crapshoot at this point.