• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The workplace is not where you conduct your politics, even if I agree with them.

Doesn't really answer my question but okay.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is he didn't kneel in protest until after he was caught pouting on his ass after he lost his starting job. He began kneeling in protest to protect his own image.

I don't agree with that at all. But I am not going to argue personal opinion.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just a very clever move on the part of NFL lawyers. Kap has been griping about collusion and threatening to sue the league for not being given a fair chance to play. By arranging this workout, and having all the teams invited to analyze Kap's performance in it, the NFL can now say they've reached out to Kap and given him every opportunity to win a spot on a team. Doing this for Kap gives the NFL some legal cover if Kap still doesn't find a job in the NFL and if he still wants to proceed with his lawsuit. Now the NFL, and owners, can just say "The dude looked awful in his workout, he's lost a step and didn't seem accurate enough to play for us". I mean why would a team want a guy who is 32 years old, hasn't started a game in nearly 4 years, and wasn't that good even when we was playing in his last couple seasons? And add to that that he'll cause a massive media headache in the locker room even if he doesn't intend for that to happen.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have the most projected cap space in the league. By a considerable margin. And brace yourself for this: The 2020 cap is estimated to rise to $200 million at Over the Cap. If that is correct (and OTC has been good at this in recent years), then based on current contracts, Dallas will have - brace yourself - $116 million in cap space.

Cowboys currently have all the 2020 cap space in the world
Not from where I see it.

But you were wrong about Keap so this is not surprising.

upload_2019-11-13_10-46-21.png

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just a very clever move on the part of NFL lawyers. Kap has been griping about collusion and threatening to sue the league for not being given a fair chance to play. By arranging this workout, and having all the teams invited to analyze Kap's performance in it, the NFL can now say they've reached out to Kap and given him every opportunity to win a spot on a team. Doing this for Kap gives the NFL some legal cover if Kap still doesn't find a job in the NFL and if he still wants to proceed with his lawsuit. Now the NFL, and owners, can just say "The dude looked awful in his workout, he's lost a step and didn't seem accurate enough to play for us". I mean why would a team want a guy who is 32 years old, hasn't started a game in nearly 4 years, and wasn't that good even when we was playing in his last couple seasons? And add to that that he'll cause a massive media headache in the locker room even if he doesn't intend for that to happen.
Yep. His low talent level is not worth the headache.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has already done this, and you have no idea if another team will step up and pay him.

I don't like the current trajectory of QB contracts, but it's going to skyrocket the minute Mahomes signs.
IF Dak signs for 35M per, in two years he'll be around the 10 highest paid QB.
We have no idea if another team would throw 35 million at Dak. I’d be willing to say they wouldn’t though. If they do, so what? Behind that oline and with those weapons, there are plenty of QBs that can succeed. Give the money in savings to other players at other positions. Dak isn’t special.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also scheduled to work out with Seattle in April 2018, but it was canceled when he indicated to the team that his flag/anthem protests (while at work) may continue.

Kaepernick has made this bed. The people who say he "deserves" a job in the NFL are off base in my view, and the 1A does NOT give someone the right to behave however they want at work and/or while representing their employer(s).
Don't forget when the Ravens were going to sign him and his crazy girlfriend called the owner a slave owner.

This guy is just too full of stupid crap to make it worth signing him. He doesn't have the talent to make it worth it.
He had 3 wins in his last 2 seasons starting. Under 60% completions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There may be some truth to this. I wonder if it will be filmed or if media will be allowed in? At the very least I think he is at least as good or better than a lot of back up QBs in the league

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget when the Ravens were going to sign him and his crazy girlfriend called the owner a slave owner.

This guy is just too full of stupid crap to make it worth signing him. He doesn't have the talent to make it worth it.
He had 3 wins in his last 2 seasons starting. Under 60% completions.

And in his last 3 years in the league he turned the ball over 28 times in 37 games. That won't make too many coaches happy when you have those kinds of stats.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read the article, doofy? Not surprising you didn't as you rarely are capable of following a thread topic.
Yep a crappy article using false information to cater to Cowboy fans.
Even you own link contradicts you.

upload_2019-11-13_11-0-44.png

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be some truth to this. I wonder if it will be filmed or if media will be allowed in? At the very least I think he is at least as good or better than a lot of back up QBs in the league

He might be as good as some back-ups but he doesn't think he should make back-up money. Didn't he turn down some decent money with SF and the Broncos?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most would agree that he might be a capable back-up but his problem seems to be he thinks he's starter material and wants to be paid as such. Not sure if that's still entirely true but teams don't need the headache from the media for an average back-up QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant to my point, which was that the 1A doesn't give anyone the right to behave how they want at work. The league clearly doesn't want political protests on the field, whether they have a terse policy against it or not.

First Amendment doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. There was and is no workplace rule prohibiting kneeling. Others kneeled. There is at least one player who currently does. If the NFL clearly doesn't want something, then the NFL clearly should make a rule about it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep was a straight up baller before the take-down by EvilCorp.

He deserves to play again. Hope he has a good work out. Go Kaep.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at his asking price of 20 million per he isn’t. Do people forget he’s turned down offers?

When did he turn down an offer?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be as good as some back-ups but he doesn't think he should make back-up money. Didn't he turn down some decent money with SF and the Broncos?
I am unsure if or what he turned down. But if he is made an offer he does not like, and refuses that offer then in all honesty he needs to drop it. If he really wants a shot to earn a spot then take what you are offered.