• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of this is strange. Almost thanksgiving? Why now?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Publicity stunt. But wth. Where are our resident kaep swingers on this.
I am very okay with this. But I think I look at things a lot differently than others do.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you have no clue on how these QB contracts are working.
Actually, I do, and it’s terrible. After Dallas has paid Dak, Elliott, and Cooper, they will have next to nothing left. If I were Dallas, I’d put a lucrative contract out there (Not even close to what he’s asking) for Dak, tell him that’s what he’s going to get, make the case that they need to use money elsewhere to create a winning team over the long haul and his worth to other teams is significantly less, and then just wait for him to sign. These GMs giving into contract demands for QBs is getting pathetic. The QB position is getting saturated with good talent. I know that sounds weird coming from a bears fan, but there will be a point in time where every team has a QB that is at the caliber of Dak.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I do, and it’s terrible. After Dallas has paid Dak, Elliott, and Cooper, they will have next to nothing left. If I were Dallas, I’d put a lucrative contract out there (Not even close to what he’s asking) for Dak, tell him that’s what he’s going to get, make the case that they need to use money elsewhere to create a winning team over the long haul and his worth to other teams is significantly less, and then just wait for him to sign. These GMs giving into contract demands for QBs is getting pathetic. The QB position is getting saturated with good talent. I know that sounds weird coming from a bears fan, but there will be a point in time where every team has a QB that is at the caliber of Dak.

You have any statistical facts to back that up?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has already done this, and you have no idea if another team will step up and pay him.

I don't like the current trajectory of QB contracts, but it's going to skyrocket the minute Mahomes signs.
IF Dak signs for 35M per, in two years he'll be around the 10 highest paid QB.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have the most projected cap space in the league. By a considerable margin. And brace yourself for this: The 2020 cap is estimated to rise to $200 million at Over the Cap. If that is correct (and OTC has been good at this in recent years), then based on current contracts, Dallas will have - brace yourself - $116 million in cap space.

Cowboys currently have all the 2020 cap space in the world

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know that all of you are still ok with the way he got treated for standing up and protesting police brutality in America.
People are not interested in political protests at sporting events. That's really the issue, and whatever the idiot's true cause was became overshadowed for how poorly he chose to deliver the message. You don't have the right to behave however you want at work. Not quite sure why some people have a tough time with that truth. And me not liking Kaepernick's flag protest behavior absolutely doesn't mean I am ok with police brutality. It just means I'm not interest in his politics when I'm watching sports.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the NFL actually has a rule prohibiting kneeling. I think the current policy says that players "should stand." The NFL tried to put in a new policy last year that would mandate standing, but it got shelved.
Irrelevant to my point, which was that the 1A doesn't give anyone the right to behave how they want at work. The league clearly doesn't want political protests on the field, whether they have a terse policy against it or not.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has already done this, and you have no idea if another team will step up and pay him.

I don't like the current trajectory of QB contracts, but it's going to skyrocket the minute Mahomes signs.
IF Dak signs for 35M per, in two years he'll be around the 10 highest paid QB.

I agree when one player at any position gets a monster deal it affects how well you can put the rest of the team together.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are not interested in political protests at sporting events. That's really the issue, and whatever the idiot's true cause was became overshadowed for how poorly he chose to deliver the message. You don't have the right to behave however you want at work. Not quite sure why some people have a tough time with that truth. And me not liking Kaepernick's flag protest behavior absolutely doesn't mean I am ok with police brutality. It just means I'm not interest in his politics when I'm watching sports.

Recite the last six word of the pledge of allegiance in your head! Now tell me if you think there is truth in those words? I have no issue with what he did he stated from the outset there was no disrespect intended to our military. He was willing to risk his lively hood for a cause that's a hell of a lot more then most are willing to do. The networks didn't need to keep a camera on him but they chose to aren't they to carry a lot of the blame for your having to see him?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recite the last six word of the pledge of allegiance in your head! Now tell me if you think there is truth in those words? I have no issue with what he did he stated from the outset there was no disrespect intended to our military. He was willing to risk his lively hood for a cause that's a hell of a lot more then most are willing to do. The networks didn't need to keep a camera on him but they chose to aren't they to carry a lot of the blame for your having to see him?
The workplace is not where you conduct your politics, even if I agree with them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is he didn't kneel in protest until after he was caught pouting on his ass after he lost his starting job. He began kneeling in protest to protect his own image.