• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last time, before the kneeling started was the Broncos thing. He was still a 49er at the time.

Fact.

Many people here don't care about facts, unfortunately.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another false narrative. The Niners told him he would be cut if he didn't opt out. And I already addressed this with you earlier in this thread.

You sure?

This is from a March 1, 2017 article:

The league was notified in a letter sent to all teams by Kaepernick's representation, Select Sports Group. Thursday is the first day Kaepernick can opt out, and he has until the new league year begins March 9 to do it.

Kaepernick's contract was originally supposed to keep him with the Niners through 2020, but the team worked with the 29-year-old to revamp it before he reclaimed the starting job in October.

As part of the deal's reconfiguration, Kaepernick traded $14.5 million in injury guarantees during the 2017 season for the opportunity to opt out of the deal early. His decision saves the Niners his $14.5 million base salary in 2017 though he will still count nearly $2.5 million in dead money for the remainder of his signing bonus proration.

Kaepernick to opt out of contract, source says

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of that happened with the expectation he was about to be cut. The whole activism / piggy-socks thing happened as a way to generate press.

Doesn't make it any less true.

The Broncos offer was before any of this.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last time, before the kneeling started was the Broncos thing. He was still a 49er at the time.

Fact.

When it comes to Kaepernick, some people become blind with hate and willfully ignore facts or believe what they want to believe.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos offered a reworking of his existing contract with the Niners before his kneeling. Not after he left the Niners.
And the fucker turned it down. He would've gotten something like $8M for 2 years, but refused because it would've been a massive pay cut from the salary height of his career.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can still play. In his last year, he was 2nd in the league in TD-INT ratio, only behind Tom Brady. 11 starts, 16 TDs and just 4 INTs. 81 rushing yards per game as well. Yeah, the team didn't win games, SOME of that is on him but the 49ers at the time were a shit show altogether. People like to pin 2016 all on Kaep but that defense was dead last in the league in points allowed per game and when defending the run. Statistically, the offense was the best part of that team in 2016. It's not a fluke that he led the Niners to 2 straight NFC title games either, but once Harbaugh left, he didn't fit the mold there anymore.

I'm not saying he could start Week 1 for every team or even half of the teams, but he was, in 2016, one of the top 64 QBs in the league AT MINIMUM. Looking at QB situations right now, and who the backups are for each team, he could still be one of the top 64 QBs in the league.

I've been a Kaepernick fan/defender for all these years but I will say this. If he doesn't show up and show out during this workout, he's got no one to blame but himself for not having a job. This is probably the only shot he's gonna get to work out for the NFL. He needs to be all business and focused on showing these teams what he can do and what he's done over the last 3 years to stay in football shape, physically and mentally.

All fair thoughts. I disagree with your assertion as he was not very good in any case, including the year they went to the SB. He had a team rich with the best talent in the league that year and they MADE him look good. IMO. If every coach/owner thought like you, he'd have been playing along time ago.

Either way, I find the guy to be a d-bag for several different reasons and I am happy that he isn't in the league and hope he continues to sleep in the bed his girlfriend made for him.

Again, a very fair POV, I just disagree.:suds:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure?

This is from a March 1, 2017 article:

The league was notified in a letter sent to all teams by Kaepernick's representation, Select Sports Group. Thursday is the first day Kaepernick can opt out, and he has until the new league year begins March 9 to do it.

Kaepernick's contract was originally supposed to keep him with the Niners through 2020, but the team worked with the 29-year-old to revamp it before he reclaimed the starting job in October.

As part of the deal's reconfiguration, Kaepernick traded $14.5 million in injury guarantees during the 2017 season for the opportunity to opt out of the deal early. His decision saves the Niners his $14.5 million base salary in 2017 though he will still count nearly $2.5 million in dead money for the remainder of his signing bonus proration.

Kaepernick to opt out of contract, source says

Straight from Niners GM John Lynch.

The 49ers would've cut Colin Kaepernick if he hadn't opted out of his contract

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make it any less true.

The Broncos offer was before any of this.
It was another offer he turned down. It was also Elway's explanation of why the Broncos weren't offering him any new deal, refuting the post-cut-from-49ers narrative that it was league-wide collusion that Kaepernick wasn't getting a deal.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts in print about Denver offer:

Link: Three years after rejecting Broncos' pay-cut offer, Kaepernick to hold workout

Meat of story:

After the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 to cap the 2015 season, after their legendary quarterback Peyton Manning retired and assumed heir apparent Brock Osweiler left for free agency and the Houston Texans, the Broncos were interested in acquiring the talented if enigmatic Kaepernick from the 49ers. The parameters of a trade were set up on the condition Kaepernick would accept a pay cut from a mostly guaranteed $14.3 million in 2016 to $7 million.

Understandably, Kaepernick balked. Elway, the Broncos’ general manager, and head coach Gary Kubiak got permission from all involved parties to host Kaepernick at Elway’s house. One of the pitches to the 49ers’ quarterback was he could make his money back in incentives.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was another offer he turned down. It was also Elway's explanation of why the Broncos weren't offering him any new deal, refuting the post-cut-from-49ers narrative that it was league-wide collusion that Kaepernick wasn't getting a deal.

Good drugs in the Pacific Northwest....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick: Agent says 'false narratives' keeping from NFL deal

As far as I know, no one has come out to object to this and say that Kaepernick isn't telling the truth. The reason why is because Kaepernick is probably telling the truth. People are saying what they want to believe about Kaepernick (that he is asking for a lot of money, that he received an offer after he became a free agent in 2017), but I don't believe there has been any credible report about those things. If so, please show me, and I probably will believe it.

A press release by Kaeps agent in 2019 is your credible source ? IDK if I'd characterize his agent as credible myself. Self serving seems more apt.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A press release by Kaeps agent in 2019 is your credible source ? IDK if I'd characterize his agent as credible myself. Self serving seems more apt.

But has anyone contested it? And are there any reports that he did receive an offer or that he asked for a lot of money? I believe the answers to those questions are no and no.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But has anyone contested it? And are there any reports that he did receive an offer or that he asked for a lot of money? I believe the answers to those questions are no and no.

So your saying money was never the issue, he would of signed for peanuts?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying money was never the issue, he would of signed for peanuts?

What do you believe and why? I think I've done a pretty good job answering your questions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you believe and why? I think I've done a pretty good job answering your questions.

My opinion? Think he started out with high expectation about a payday and at some point was probably willing to accept less, but not sure if he was willing to accept vet minimum until his opportunities had dried up. Think he thought of himself as a starting QB ( which he had been ) and wanted a chance to win the starting job and wasn't willing to just become a journey man back up, nor did the salary appeal to him ( what journey man make). However I'm not privy to what really happened.

The Seahawk visit in particular convinces me of this. Obviously Seahawks had their starting QB, both sides were aware of this and also obvious that the Seahawks needed a back up QB. So when nothing come of the visit except Pete saying Kaep was a starting QB I draw some conclusions.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion? Think he started out with high expectation about a payday and at some point was probably willing to accept less, but not sure if he was willing to accept vet minimum until his opportunities had dried up. Think he thought of himself as a starting QB ( which he had been ) and wanted a chance to win the starting job and wasn't willing to just become a journey man back up, nor did the salary appeal to him ( what journey man make). However I'm not privy to what really happened.

Let's put it this way. If money were an issue, it's not something anyone in the general public knows because there has never been any report about that as far as I know. I just think it's wrong for people to keep repeating that Kaepernick isn't employed because he is asking for too much money when there is no basis for saying that. I'd happily change my opinion on that if there is a credible report about that.

In the past, it would've been reasonable for him to think he should be paid like a starter because he left the Niners as a starter, so I think you might be right that Kaepernick might have been thinking like that in the beginning. But after all this time being unemployed, I think he would take vet minimum, but this is all guesswork.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's wrong for people to keep repeating that Kaepernick isn't employed because he is asking for too much money
I'm willing to go he just wasn't that good of a QB if you like.:D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past, it would've been reasonable for him to think he should be paid like a starter because left the Niners as a starter, so I think you might be right that Kaepernick might have been thinking like that in the beginning. But after all this time being unemployed, I think he would take vet minimum, but this is all guesswork.
Kind of what I said, so I guess we are in agreement.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to go he just wasn't that good of a QB if you like.:D

LOL. If we are just talking about having a job, any job, such as a backup job, I don't think that's true, but fair enough. :suds: He's still better than most backups and better than some starters, IMO. My guess, and I think a lot people would guess this as well, is that he's been out of job for nearly 3 years because NFL teams fear a backlash from their fans. Others who kneeled are employed, and people who committed crimes, including violent crimes were or are currently employed in the NFL, so who knows how bad the backlash will really be. I think people would get over it after a while.