• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Tim Tebow workout for teams.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Tim Tebow workout for teams.

You're not comparing Tebow to Kaepernick are you? Kaepernick isn't a great QB, but he is miles ahead of Tebow, which isn't saying a lot. Tebow's passes had no mustard on them at all and were inaccurate. I think his passer rating is in the 60's, which wouldn't even be good enough if he were playing in the 1960s.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not comparing Tebow to Kaepernick are you? Kaepernick isn't a great QB, but he is miles ahead of Tebow, which isn't saying a lot. Tebow's passes had no mustard on them at all and were inaccurate. I think his passer rating is in the 60's, which wouldn't even be good enough if he were playing in the 1960s.

I'll take that back. Tebow's passer rating is good enough for the 1960s and 1970s. Not good enough for the 1980s and forward. And if Tebow actually played in the 1960s and 1970s, his passer rating probably would've been in the 40's.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. It's been repeated often by many people, but the narrative that Kaepernick has asked for a lot of money is a false one.

You know this how ? Please explain.

He's never received an offer from any team after he became a free agent in 2017,

Again, you know this how ? Think it's more like this is what you want to believe.

and I haven't read any report that any salary negotiations took place with any team.

Nope nobody gave out details about cost of signing him. However if they had a work out with him and met with him to talk, what was the reason he didn't get signed in your opinion?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you know this how ? Think it's more like this is what you want to believe.

Nope nobody gave out details about cost of signing him. However if they had a work out with him and met with him to talk, what was the reason he didn't get signed in your opinion?

Oh behave Harold.

You tried that on me before too.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only go by what's been reported by credible sources because I wasn't there, but unless someone on this board was actually there when Kaepernick met with these teams, I can at least say that my statements are based on what's been reported, while others are simply saying what they want to believe is true. Please point me to a report that says Kaepernick asked an NFL team for a ton of money or that an NFL team made him an offer, and I'll probably believe it.

I have read credible reports that he has met with some teams, and I believe those reports. I think that he wasn't signed because the team owners of those teams didn't want to sign him out of fear of backlash from their fans.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been no confirmation that he's ever been offered a contract by a team aside from the Ravens. Seahawks had a meeting with him but nothing was offered. No one else has even touched the guy to be able to offer him a contract.
The Broncos offered him a contract. The Ravens did. Miami and Seattle might've but it never got as far as an offer sheet because the two sides were too far apart. IIRC, the Seahawks had other concerns about Kaepernick too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, I can at least say that my statements are based on what's been reported, while others are simply saying what they want to believe is true
So tell me what credible source says they know Kaep never received a offer? I'll wait for you to show me the link. I think your the one saying what you want to believe.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he is asking for that. It wouldn't even make sense for him to ask for $18M/yr. It's been repeated often by many people, but the narrative that Kaepernick has asked for a lot of money is a false one. He's never received an offer from any team after he became a free agent in 2017, and I haven't read any report that any salary negotiations took place with any team.
Because the sides are too far apart. GMs have expressed concern that Kaepernick has been out of football so long, and yet the guy is seeking far more than the average backup QB has made and alleging that teams are colluding against him partially because he can't get a deal. Fuck this guy- go play for the CFL and prove you care about playing and not just the damn money.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos offered him a contract. The Ravens did. Miami and Seattle might've but it never got as far as an offer sheet because the two sides were too far apart. IIRC, the Seahawks had other concerns about Kaepernick too.

For the last time, before the kneeling started was the Broncos thing. He was still a 49er at the time.

Fact.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only go by what's been reported by credible sources because I wasn't there, but unless someone on this board was actually there when Kaepernick met with these teams, I can at least say that my statements are based on what's been reported, while others are simply saying what they want to believe is true. Please point me to a report that says Kaepernick asked an NFL team for a ton of money or that an NFL team made him an offer, and I'll probably believe it.

I have read credible reports that he has met with some teams, and I believe those reports. I think that he wasn't signed because the team owners of those teams didn't want to sign him out of fear of backlash from their fans.

Well, we know 100% for sure that he voluntarily opted out of the final year of his SF contract that would have paid him $14.5M for that year. To me that's the same thing as turning down a contract because he wanted more money, or thinking he was worth more with another team. Either way, it wasn't a very good business decision he made there.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the sides are too far apart. GMs have expressed concern that Kaepernick has been out of football so long, and yet the guy is seeking far more than the average backup QB has made and alleging that teams are colluding against him partially because he can't get a deal. Fuck this guy- go play for the CFL and prove you care about playing and not just the damn money.

If he doesn't like NFL back-up money, he's REALLY not going to like CFL starter money.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos offered a reworking of his existing contract with the Niners before his kneeling. Not after he left the Niners.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me what credible source says they know Kaep never received a offer? I'll wait for you to show me the link. I think your the one saying what you want to believe.

Colin Kaepernick: Agent says 'false narratives' keeping from NFL deal

As far as I know, no one has come out to object to this and say that Kaepernick isn't telling the truth. The reason why is because Kaepernick is probably telling the truth. People are saying what they want to believe about Kaepernick (that he is asking for a lot of money, that he received an offer after he became a free agent in 2017), but I don't believe there has been any credible report about those things. If so, please show me, and I probably will believe it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know 100% for sure that he voluntarily opted out of the final year of his SF contract that would have paid him $14.5M for that year. To me that's the same thing as turning down a contract because he wanted more money, or thinking he was worth more with another team. Either way, it wasn't a very good business decision he made there.

Another false narrative. The Niners told him he would be cut if he didn't opt out. And I already addressed this with you earlier in this thread.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last time, before the kneeling started was the Broncos thing. He was still a 49er at the time.

Fact.
And all of that happened with the expectation he was about to be cut. The whole activism / piggy-socks thing happened as a way to generate press.