• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick signs extension

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? That's your reasoning?

So if Kaepernick is the worst QB in the league next year, we still won't cut him? Better to pay lots of money to him than to pay an unproven commodity a fraction of what he's making?
He won't be the worse is the problem, he'll show just enough to keep the hope alive.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using your own link it says " assuming the Niners find a quarterback with more upside then Kaep has" you see that QB any where? In the draft? In free agency? Any where?

Well yea. If Kaep continues to struggle with the mental part of the game at this stage of his career, then it won't be difficult to find a quarterback with more upside than him. Heck, that might even include Gabbert considering that it was just his first year in our system last year. And yes, that includes rookies in this drafts a well.

An unknown rookie has more upside than a veteran who has established himself as nothing more than average. If Kaep can't turn the corner this year, then I would say that any rookie has more upside than him.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be the worse is the problem, he'll show just enough to keep the hope alive.

And you know this how? How are you so sure that he will be just good enough for us to keep him?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? How are you so sure that he will be just good enough for us to keep him?

That been my opinion from the moment the 49ers inked this contract. So far I'd say I was on the money.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That been my opinion from the moment the 49ers inked this contract. So far I'd say I was on the money.

I wouldn't say that you were on the money at all. I'd say that you're just being a homer and agreeing with yourself.

Furthermore, I don't see how you being "right" up to this point answers my question about your ability to predict the future: that Kaep will not play well, but will play just well enough for the 49ers to keep hope in him. Because that sounds more like wishful thinking than anything to me.

Anyway, I'm out. Have fun.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that you were on the money at all. I'd say that you're just being a homer and agreeing with yourself.

Furthermore, I don't see how you being "right" up to this point answers my question about your ability to predict the future: that Kaep will not play well, but will play just well enough for the 49ers to keep hope in him. Because that sounds more like wishful thinking than anything to me.

Anyway, I'm out. Have fun.
You know I'm right, you just don't want to agree . Kaep played like crap last year, yet he's still the starting QB, not much chance of the 49ers picking up a franchise QB in the draft this year. Thus Kaep will still be your QB next year. Sucks to be a 49er fan.:lol:

Last edited:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, I think somebody spiked your coffee with a hallucinogen. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thus Kaep will still be your QB next year. Sucks to be a 49er fan.:lol:

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers are gambling and projecting a bit but if they wait around until he proves himself they wouldn't be able to get him at the contract that they did.

That's why it's a good deal for the 9ers because they mitigate the gamble by being able to slip out of the deal at any given year.

So from the 9ers perspective if he gets the full amount from the contract that means he's playing at an elite level. And they still could save money even if he does play at an elite level because if the team misses the Super Bowl and he doesn't get All-Pro (unlikely due to the style of offense played) he still triggers the de-escalator.

And if he bombs they can draft another guy and move on from him without it severely crippling the team.

I'm not going to beat ya up on a response as others have already chimed in...other then the bolded part. Being married to a contract with a QB who is 25, moving into the prime of his career, for three years is not necessarily a bad thing. At worst, he can manage games. At best, he takes games over. This given his upside is a no-brainer although I fully expect the Niners to make a run next year at an athletic QB in the mid rounds of the draft to develop behind Kap during this maturation process.

OK I'm going to drop this argument. Obviously I see Kaep as a bigger gamble then others here.

0060-0807-1220-5847_a_beat_up_man_waving_the_white_flag_of_surrender_clipart_image.jpg
I sure took a lot of heat for saying this was a bad deal for the 49ers. Sure they could cut Kaep, but what then? They needed to draft a QB so they had some options. Kaep will not get cut, they will pay him the money for at least another year, maybe two years.

Anybody in this thread wants to admit they were dead wrong?

Never going to let this thread die. Not until those on this thread admit I was right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to start tagging folks to get them to address this thread?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in awhile. :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in awhile. :D

Took on pretty much everyone else here on SportsHoopla, got beat to hell, now time has shown I was right and everyone else was wrong. I want some credit.

I'm not dropping this, more to follow.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took on pretty much everyone else here on SportsHoopla, got beat to hell, now time has shown I was right and everyone else was wrong. I want some credit.
Do you want a SportsHoopla Hall-Of-Fame nomination?