• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Smith retiring

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco: "Right now, it doesn't look like Justin Smith or Patrick Willis will be on this team next year" #49ers #Niners

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sad to see Gore, Willis and Justin all gone. They are 3 of my most favorite players on the 49ers. I guess the only good think to come of this is we get a lot of cap space.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sad to see Gore, Willis and Justin all gone. They are 3 of my most favorite players on the 49ers. I guess the only good think to come of this is we get a lot of cap space.

Those three are the only jerseys I would buy

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those three are the only jerseys I would buy

I have Gore, Willis, Kaep, VD and Crabtree. I need to get some new ones maybe I should get Eric Reid or Carlos Hyde if he starts to produce.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It hurts for today but if we really think about it, it ain't so bad. Gore and Justin were near the end anyway, and we might as well look forward, as opposed to holding on. If there was a time to do it, now is a good time with the new coaching staff.

leadership will definitely be a concern, but again, you can't hold on to just leadership. Leaders also have to play well too.

ok Willis retiring is a little bad, but some injuries are just 'season ending'. No one's fault.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis retiring is the biggest surprise though... He's still got football left in him... Justin Smith and Gore you knew the clock was ticking.... BUT WILLIS...? Dam! I don't think anyone saw that coming... You wonder if he's just burnt out with the game or something, because he was still playing at a high level....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts for today but if we really think about it, it ain't so bad. Gore and Justin were near the end anyway, and we might as well look forward, as opposed to holding on. If there was a time to do it, now is a good time with the new coaching staff.

leadership will definitely be a concern, but again, you can't hold on to just leadership. Leaders also have to play well too.

ok Willis retiring is a little bad, but some injuries are just 'season ending'. No one's fault.

Great post Deep. Totally agree. Would have liked to have both Jsmith and Gore back. But these guys are near the end of their careers. If they were not gone this year, probably would have been next year. JSmith has been talking about retiring for the past couple of seasons. Time for the young guys to step up. This is a team in transition

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis retiring is the biggest surprise though... He's still got football left in him... Justin Smith and Gore you knew the clock was ticking.... BUT WILLIS...? Dam! I don't think anyone saw that coming... You wonder if he's just burnt out with the game or something, because he was still playing at a high level....

He actually hasn't been quite the same the past couple of years. His toe has been a chronic issue for some time. It was enough of a hinderance that he shut it down during the season rather than wait till year end. It has noticeably slowed him down

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast. Smith just came out and said he isn't ready yet. He make a decision by next week.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually hasn't been quite the same the past couple of years. His toe has been a chronic issue for some time. It was enough of a hinderance that he shut it down during the season rather than wait till year end. It has noticeably slowed him down
Yes it has. I thought his rehab was going well. Borland stepped in well last season so at least we have that. I fail to see why so many are ready to throw in the towel for this next season. I see some players stepping up on D and maybe an offense that could score some points( fourth quarter? :L) Just trying to be an optimist really.
On a side-note the only jerseys I have since the 90s is Willis and Gore. Time to choose a new one. Maybe Bowman.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes it has. I thought his rehab was going well. Borland stepped in well last season so at least we have that. I fail to see why so many are ready to throw in the towel for this next season. I see some players stepping up on D and maybe an offense that could score some points( fourth quarter? :L) Just trying to be an optimist really.
On a side-note the only jerseys I have since the 90s is Willis and Gore. Time to choose a new one. Maybe Bowman.

I certainly haven't, I'd still take the over in Vegas, regarding number of wins.

Torrey hasn't signed yet, so you still might buy a Parker or Strong jersey? haa