• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just When You Thought It was Safe ....

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're outcasts or misfits. We came here on our own (not cast out) and if you want to call the intelligent adults here the 'misfits' instead of the jerks and trolls and so forth there, can't stop you.

gp and I played up the 'cool board' term to antagonize Livin/Fraudres.

A more accurate term is 'better board'.

I know - just how the Giants seem to mock the national media by playing up their eccentricities. Just a little self-deprecating humor

It wasn't your intention, but that's how all those fools perceived it. They got butt hurt over being left out, mocking the cool board was a natural reaction by them.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, is there any way to minimize the sig? A nice giants contribution from the dumdum board..but it's a space hog! lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know - just how the Giants seem to mock the national media by playing up their eccentricities. Just a little self-deprecating humor

It wasn't your intention, but that's how all those fools perceived it. They got butt hurt over being left out, mocking the cool board was a natural reaction by them.

Good, let 'em mock. God knows we mock them something fierce. Kinda was my intention. :p

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, originally the "cool" board thing was to poke fun at ourselves a little bit. It just become more of a mock based on livin's and nn's reactions to the label.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't mind the comment that much made by ElJ. I do agree with him to some extent in that we (and I include myself in this demographic 100%) probably do talk about that board more than we should.....but, for a lot of us, it's kind of cathartic I think. A lot of us spent a lot of years over there lurking or posting and it's more just a bummer to see a once great board devolve into its current condition. I know gp and Anthem/Hennessy, SF11704 (and others) and myself probably have been reading/posting on that board for close to 10 years.

The only comment that was kind of bothersome to me was the "high school" mentality of "our" board (i.e. - the "cool" kids). I don't remember who said it and really, it's not important who did. I just hope that's not how this board is perceived in general. I like to think all of us welcome every new Giants fan who comes here to post. Whether it's by invite or by google search, it doesn't matter one lick to me. As far as I'm concerned there are two categories, "good guy" or "a-hole". If you're the former, welcome aboard. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows.

***Stipulation: All this said though, ElJ is a solid guy and a solid contributor to this board and I hope he posts here more often (not saying any of you are saying something different). But if he doesn't want to post here much anymore, that's cool too.

Exactly

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, originally the "cool" board thing was to poke fun at ourselves a little bit. It just become more of a mock based on livin and nn's reactions to the label.

Sorry guys, just so there's no confusion. gp, msg, I have zero problem with what you guys did over there at ESPN by calling this the "cool board". In fact, I thought it was hilarious to see the reactions of Livin and NN. I just hoped that some of the posters who are here didn't view this board as a too cool for school type of board.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, just so there's no confusion. gp, msg, I have zero problem with what you guys did over there at ESPN by calling this the "cool board". In fact, I thought it was hilarious to see the reactions of Livin and NN. I just hoped that some of the posters who are here didn't view this board as a too cool for school type of board.

No apologies needed, filo. I'd go nuts if we didnt have this board as a refuge for the psychos on the troll board.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely a coordinated effort, seeing as how WE ARE THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS and all.

^^^^
First time I typed this...surreal.

FUCK YEA!!!!!

^^^^^^
About the 800th time I have screamed that tonight

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over on DumDumVille I think this Lechero troll is pretty funny. He's nuts and way too committed to the gag, but funny. And being DumDumVille, the dummies there just keep feeding him and missing the joke.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN is a troll infested dump. Because the Giants sucked for a few years, we able to fly under the radar of most trolls - but that's impossible now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving how gp is putting SD Envy in his place over there. Lest we forget what a trolly dewsh he is with his concession posts.

And not too smart at baseball analysis to boot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan can't help pantshatting even today.

"Not to say that the Giants won't be good for a while, just that we won't see this type of team effort where a different guy was the hero each day."

Yeah, he's really good at predicting stuff so bye bye team effort!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan can't help pantshatting even today.

"Not to say that the Giants won't be good for a while, just that we won't see this type of team effort where a different guy was the hero each day."

Yeah, he's really good at predicting stuff so bye bye team effort!

My intention this morning was for it to be a day of kumbayah...but I fucking HATE Nolan.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My intention this morning was for it to be a day of kumbayah...but I fucking HATE Nolan.

I understand.

Love how you and Tidrow are on him for his usual fickle and mainly incorrect opinions.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and Nolan had me banned. What a pathetic sack.