• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

just offered 2 SB tickets for 3k

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont care about either team, but that is the cheapest ive seen so far. Would you do it?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont care about either team, but that is the cheapest ive seen so far. Would you do it?

From what I understand if you wait till the week of the Super Bowl that is when they are cheapest. I've heard they are expecting some to get down to around $500 a ticket by next week.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay $300, much less $3,000.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way any tickets drop to $500. NO WAY.

I'm waiting for tickets to go down to $1500 then I'm buying. So the answer to your question is YES.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt pay 3k to watch a game if I was Billionaire....no way it deserves to be that much..the more people pay and support those kind of prices the more it will artificially inflate...thus keeping average families from ever experiencing these things...I understand that Maserati's and Mansions have always been reserved for the rich..but football was/should be meant for the common man. Those are the people pumping up the games ratings and making it possible for them to make such a to do about it.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to a SB is on my bucket list and i expect to pay $1500 to $2000 a seat for decent seats. I will make it a week-long vacation too and do all of the SB activities leading up to the game.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt pay 3k to watch a game if I was Billionaire....no way it deserves to be that much..the more people pay and support those kind of prices the more it will artificially inflate...thus keeping average families from ever experiencing these things...I understand that Maserati's and Mansions have always been reserved for the rich..but football was/should be meant for the common man. Those are the people pumping up the games ratings and making it possible for them to make such a to do about it.

I'm only paying $1500. This isn't artificial inflation, it's market demand. You don't need to be a billionaire either. I've budgeted $5,000 amd I'm hoping to spend much less. I think that's quite reasonable given the scope of the game and it's significance.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because you can afford to go, it doesn't mean you're not a common man. If you set aside a few grand a year for a vacation, why not cancel the ten day trip to Maui and take a 3 day trip to see your team play for a SB?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you can afford to go, it doesn't mean you're not a common man. If you set aside a few grand a year for a vacation, why not cancel the ten day trip to Maui and take a 3 day trip to see your team play for a SB?

Well I don't know many single men that go to Maui so you better hope your wife is a huge football fan to make that happen. My wife she is a Broncos fan but not to the level that she would let me change our vacation to go watch them in the Super Bowl.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't know many single men that go to Maui so you better hope your wife is a huge football fan to make that happen. My wife she is a Broncos fan but not to the level that she would let me change our vacation to go watch them in the Super Bowl.

Mine would understand. We go on vacation every year, usually twice. She probably wouldn't want to go, but she would understand that there are more of those opportunities than there are SBs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine would understand. We go on vacation every year, usually twice. She probably wouldn't want to go, but she would understand that there are more of those opportunities than there are SBs.

Well then definitely props to you. Mine is a new marriage where my wife wasn't a Bronco fan before we met so she is just slowly being brought along. Maybe in 10 years I can get her to where she would be excited about the Broncos in the Super Bowl. For now I guess I will have to settle with buying a new big tv for the game. She has given me permission for that one at least. Baby steps.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reference was the over valuing of these events to the point that most families will never be able to afford them and have those experiences. I dont expect people to share my opinions like this, but its the same reason I will not buy Nike shoes. Because they pay multi-millions to millionaires to support their product, thus forcing similar actions by their competitors. This in turn of course raises the price of these products to the point that too many american families can no longer afford them. I was raised working migrant fields, its just how I look at things.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ill watch from my pool with keg on hand in 70 degree weather.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wording this like it's a hypothetical situation and not one happening in nine days. Are you going?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wording this like it's a hypothetical situation and not one happening in nine days. Are you going?

No. If it was in a warm place I would make a push. But I was just in NY over the holidays and dont really want to go back. I dont hold anything against anyone that does though. I also dont consider all of them rich, just someone with some expendable income that chose to spend it this way.