• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just How Bad is the Niner Offense

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R Wilson has the worse O-line in the NFL. Was he able to move his team downfield, get 1st downs, and score? He looked WAY better than Kaep, not just a little bit.

Maybe after last nights game, 2nd worse O-line? :-)

He threw for 230 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, and was sacked 5 times.... and that was against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Kaep did not do very well... but he was playing the seattle defense as well.

Apples to oranges.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't figure out why every time they show Tomsula on the sideline I feel embarrassed. I know a lot of the players like him, but he just inspires zero confidence with the dumb look on his face 24/7 and when he opens his mouth... it gets worse.

He's a salt of the earth kind of guy. Very likable, but not inspiring. He gives off the impression that he's just Jed and Trent's yes man. However, we should be patient and give him a chance. It's only 7 games, so I will reserve judgment on whether he's a good coach or not.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw for 230 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, and was sacked 5 times.... and that was against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Kaep did not do very well... but he was playing the seattle defense as well.

Apples to oranges.

Good point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Apples to oranges.

who's talking about defenses?

it was a response to O-lines, apples to apples. Which QB could function despite having poor O-lines? Wilson did just fine despite having a worse O-line, Kaep did not function at all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apples to oranges.

And Lynch ran wild. Lynch basically got the first touchdown on his own. If their line continues to play that poorly, the Hawks aren't going to make it this year. Their offense hasn't exactlty been stellar this year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Lynch ran wild. Lynch basically got the first touchdown on his own. If their line continues to play that poorly, the Hawks aren't going to make it this year. Their offense hasn't exactlty been stellar this year

this brings me to my other issue, albeit smaller issue.....the D-line isn't as good as i thought it would be. They aren't horrible, but it was advertised as a strong unit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this brings me to my other issue, albeit smaller issue.....the D-line isn't as good as i thought it would be. They aren't horrible, but it was advertised as a strong unit.
very true. I thought they would be much better towards the run and I was hoping for some kind of push up front. I don't see it. I. Williams isn't anything special and Dorsey not playing great. I do like Dial and what we have seen from Armstead. I would like to see Purcell play to help us on short yardage downs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was a response to O-lines, apples to apples. Which QB could function despite having poor O-lines? Wilson did just fine despite having a worse O-line, Kaep did not function at all.

Wilson is a very unique player. I don't think there's ever been anyone better at avoiding pass rushers. Super quick and surprisingly strong.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson is a very unique player. I don't think there's ever been anyone better at avoiding pass rushers. Super quick and surprisingly strong.

yes, but IMO it is what he does AFTER he avoids rushers. That is where he is even more dangerous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way the team is now with bad oline, bad coaching , bad D and kap playing bad we look like a 4-12 to 5-11 team. maybe offense gets a little better if they start tiller and kilgore cones back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson is so so. he lacks alot of things. he is good at extending the play. he has been lucky to have a top D and rushing attack so i think this year we are seeing what kind of QB he really is. he isnt worth 20 mill. seattle has struggled this year. overall he is an ok QB. with a goodcire hecan be really good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is strong for a little guy. tough to bring down. i will give him that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wilson is so so. he lacks alot of things. he is good at extending the play. he has been lucky to have a top D and rushing attack so i think this year we are seeing what kind of QB he really is. he isnt worth 20 mill. seattle has struggled this year. overall he is an ok QB. with a goodcire hecan be really good.

you should judge the QB's performance by himself, but you always mix in O-line, RB, OC, defense, 'took us to a SB', etc. etc.

focus on the positive plays or games Kaep alone, has done well? Tell us how many games he did ok, and how many he played poorly in? Only use the seven games this season.

Tell us why he is good (not great), because he can pass well on what kind of routes? What other reasons should we let him start? Don't add in running ability, he hasn't run much and his running threat doesn't work anymore.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dline has been pretty good against the run except this game. They were bad all around. Poor tackling. Wilh

Totally agree with this. I don't know another QB who can dodge bullets like that. Even still, their offense just isn't very good and if their oline continues to play that way, they aren't going anywhere this year,

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should judge the QB's performance by himself, but you always mix in O-line, RB, OC, defense, 'took us to a SB', etc. etc.

focus on the positive plays or games Kaep alone, has done well? Tell us how many games he did ok, and how many he played poorly in? Only use the seven games this season.

Tell us why he is good (not great), because he can pass well on what kind of routes? What other reasons should we let him start? Don't add in running ability, he hasn't run much and his running threat doesn't work anymore.
we are talking about wilson. no one mention about kap. u do know Seattle only has 1 more win then the 49ers. Wilson is better then kap. i just think we are seeing the flaws in wilson this year. like some said about kap teams are figuring out wilson now. overall wilson good but nothing special.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we are talking about wilson. no one mention about kap. u do know Seattle only has 1 more win then the 49ers. Wilson is better then kap. i just think we are seeing the flaws in wilson this year. like some said about kap teams are figuring out wilson now. overall wilson good but nothing special.

you've been backing up Kaep for weeks, so now i ask you be detailed and you say it is about Wilson?!

geez!

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers defense is ranked 30th in the NFL and Seattle has one of the best defenses. You can't compare the offensive lines based on a game when one offensive line faced the second worst defense in the league and the other offensive line faced a top ten NFL defense that was the best defense in the league last year and is entirely intact and refer to that comparison as "apples to apples". That isn't apples to apples.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers defense is ranked 30th in the NFL and Seattle has one of the best defenses. You can't compare the offensive lines based on a game when one offensive line faced the second worst defense in the league and the other offensive line faced a top ten NFL defense that was the best defense in the league last year and is entirely intact and refer to that comparison as "apples to apples". That isn't apples to apples.

you have to go back and read the thread, cause you're now off course.

we were not comparing offensive lines per se, but comparing QB's. someone - purguy or you, or maybe you just agreed - said Kaep didn't play well because he has a poor O-line. my response was Wilson played well with an even worse O-line.

Don't change it to which QB was playing which defense, we were talking about QB's and their O-lines. If you can't get this now, f'get 'bout it.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone honestly believe that if the 9ers had russell wilson we would be winning a bunch of games? Look at Seatttles roster, they are stake

we were not comparing offensive lines per se, but comparing QB's. someone - purguy or you, or maybe you just agreed - said Kaep didn't play well because he has a poor O-line. my response was Wilson played well with an even worse O-line.

Don't change it to which QB was playing which defense, we were talking about QB's and their O-lines. If you can't get this now, f'get 'bout it.

I see. I will never get it because when I compare two QB's I want to also consider which secondaries and defenses they faced when comparing their numbers?

Using your methods I can deduce that Kaepernick is bettter than Aaron Rodgers because in three out of four matchups between the two Kaepernick outpeformed him. Never mind that SF Wow, kaepernick is better than I thought!!

Never mind that in those games Rodgers faced the 3rd, 5th, 4th ranked defenses in the NFL and Kaepernick faced the 11th, 25th, and 15 ranked defenses.... that is irrelevant... :L

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lynch ran wild that game. Scored the first TD all by himself.