• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just How Bad is the Niner Offense

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I didn't realize that, but you're right except that our offense is ranked 29th. Nevertheless, they are still ranked higher than our 31st ranked defense. Mangini needs to resign. He is getting outcoached by Geep Chryst of all people!!!
Yeah I was looking at yards for 25th. My bad. Still overall we suck and we are finding out that its not just Kap. its the whole team and I have a feeling its the coaches. They are not putting this team in the right schemes to win. No way we should be this bad. We have some talent.

1 Positive the oline looked better and Tiller was an upgrade. He was graded better then Devey.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was looking at yards for 25th. My bad. Still overall we suck and we are finding out that its not just Kap. its the whole team and I have a feeling its the coaches. They are not putting this team in the right schemes to win. No way we should be this bad. We have some talent.

1 Positive the oline looked better and Tiller was an upgrade. He was graded better then Devey.

It's a helpless feeling because it seems that York and Baalke buillt this team to fail this season. Why else would they hire the coaching staff that they hired? Maybe their strategy is to get a high pick, or maybe they are simply incompetent and don't have a strategy.

And it seems like they set things in motion so that they would have a fall guy no matter what, whether it's Tomsula, Kap, or someone else, just like how they made Harbaugh the fall guy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to begin with, players can't just throw their hands up in the air and sulk. Fans do it all the time, but our team can't.

you start the game the same way......try to establish the run. yes they'll stack the box but you can't abandon run. this doesn't mean run three times and punt, but you lean run. This includes called runs for Kaep, 'read option', whatever you want. We don't have a choice.

Next, use short passes to all parts of the field, mainly to TE's and RB's first. Even if this means 'static' routes, start with completions and positive yardage. this gets Kaep and TE's starting with a positive mindset, also taking some pressure off the linemen.

eventually you have to throw a few longer passes to Torrey Smith. throw it early enough in the route, give him a chance to make a play.

He's listed as a QB coach, but I'm not sure what Steve Logan does. Kap seems to be stuck developmental wise...still throwing the same, but he doesn't look the DEF off, he still waits to see the WR open vs anticipating and throwing to a spot, and doesn't have good pocket presence.

Kap was a better QB under Harbaugh so I can't put it all on Kap, but this staff is over matched.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's listed as a QB coach, but I'm not sure what Steve Logan does. Kap seems to be stuck developmental wise...still throwing the same, but he doesn't look the DEF off, he still waits to see the WR open vs anticipating and throwing to a spot, and doesn't have good pocket presence.

Kap was a better QB under Harbaugh so I can't put it all on Kap, but this staff is over matched.

He was better with Harbaugh initially but even then he has been trending downward since 2012. He is worse this year than last year but the oline is even worse this year. Geep Chryst was his qb coach last year and Chryst isn't any better than Logan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was better with Harbaugh initially but even then he has been trending downward since 2012. He is worse this year than last year but the oline is even worse this year. Geep Chryst was his qb coach last year and Chryst isn't any better than Logan.

If he was better maybe he can be better again I can guess. We can debate whether Kap CAN be developed into a functional NFL QB, but I think the reality is he is most likely not a SB winning QB.

I think it will take some time to rebuild in SF...you have to include QB as a part of that. I get the sense that Tomsula and Kap are just bridging the gap to names TBD.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Kap has been he is above Luck this year. talking about a QB falling apart. i haven't seen something like this. Matt Hasselback might stay the starter. They look better with Matt in.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was better maybe he can be better again I can guess. We can debate whether Kap CAN be developed into a functional NFL QB, but I think the reality is he is most likely not a SB winning QB.

I think it will take some time to rebuild in SF...you have to include QB as a part of that. I get the sense that Tomsula and Kap are just bridging the gap to names TBD.

Unless something really changes, they will need to look for a QB. I think they need to draft one if there is one that makes sense and let him sit and learn. I don't want to see a QB drafted and then thrown into a mess his rookie year like what happened to A Smith.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Kap has been he is above Luck this year. talking about a QB falling apart. i haven't seen something like this. Matt Hasselback might stay the starter. They look better with Matt in.

I haven't watched any Indy games but things really did fall apart there. Some had them pegged as Super Bowl bound although I only had them making the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched any Indy games but things really did fall apart there. Some had them pegged as Super Bowl bound although I only had them making the playoffs.
yeah that's the shocker. They were #2 fav from the AFC. I still think they rebound because Matt saved their season I think but I really think if Luck comes back and loses again(with in 2 games or plays bad for 2 straight games) they will bench him and blame it on the shoulder. I mean there has been rumblings from some Colts players that have said Matt is better. Ouch.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's the shocker. They were #2 fav from the AFC. I still think they rebound because Matt saved their season I think but I really think if Luck comes back and loses again(with in 2 games or plays bad for 2 straight games) they will bench him and blame it on the shoulder. I mean there has been rumblings from some Colts players that have said Matt is better. Ouch.

I thought their most pressing needs coming into the season was on defense which they didn't appear to address. Gore was a nice addition and has done well so far, but you have to wonder at would point in the season he will start to wear down.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought their most pressing needs coming into the season was on defense which they didn't appear to address. Gore was a nice addition and has done well so far, but you have to wonder at would point in the season he will start to wear down.
Im guessing now because they resigned Bradshaw.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless something really changes, they will need to look for a QB. I think they need to draft one if there is one that makes sense and let him sit and learn. I don't want to see a QB drafted and then thrown into a mess his rookie year like what happened to A Smith.

We've seen Kaep for three seasons now, and i'm NOT expecting "really changes". In fact, i said this LAST season.

We certainly have to look hard at QB's, hopefully draft, but not force it. If free agency provides a better option, fine.

If this poor QB play continues, have no doubt Gabbert will get a shot once we're mathematically eliminated. MAYBE he can bridge the gap while we seek the next QB?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is a lot worse then the O. We have 0 pass rush and our Secondary is bad especially the safety play. Corners I can live with.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is a lot worse then the O. We have 0 pass rush and our Secondary is bad especially the safety play. Corners I can live with.

Agree. The defense played well week one and had a good game against Green Bay. Really bad the other games. The secondary had its breakdowns today in zone. I don't think the corners were that bad. The biggest problem is lack of pass rush. Zero sacks and Flacco might have been pressured once or twice the whole game. Inexcusable.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The defense played well week one and had a good game against Green Bay. Really bad the other games. The secondary had its breakdowns today in zone. I don't think the corners were that bad. The biggest problem is lack of pass rush. Zero sacks and Flacco might have been pressured once or twice the whole game. Inexcusable.
Yes thats our main concern. I agree Im ok with the CB's. Safety play has been really bad. I still think we need new coaches. Oline was a little better. It will be nice to get Kilgore back.

Other news we get Smelter and Simpson back also.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes thats our main concern. I agree Im ok with the CB's. Safety play has been really bad. I still think we need new coaches. Oline was a little better. It will be nice to get Kilgore back.

Other news we get Smelter and Simpson back also.
Oline was better. I can't wait to see Kilgore back. He is elgible to come back this game but we probably won't see him for at least another couple of weeks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline was better. I can't wait to see Kilgore back. He is elgible to come back this game but we probably won't see him for at least another couple of weeks.
yeah I think we see him in 2-3 weeks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree on Safety play, but to me its only Reid?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on Safety play, but to me its only Reid?
see I think its Bethea. He is so out of place on every play he gets beat. Like that last TD Ravens got. Bethea looks lost in this scheme. Reid pisses me off because he doesn't go hard at a play. I know about the concussions but still. I really think its time to start Tarrt.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I heard an interesting stat this morning on Mike and Mike. There have been 4 games this entire NFL season where an offense has got 10 or fewer first down. Astoundingly, 3 of those belong to the 49ers! That is historically bad. That means the 49ers are 3 for 7 in their games and the rest of the league is 1 for like 217. It is simply unbelievable.