• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just How Bad is the Niner Offense

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I heard an interesting stat this morning on Mike and Mike. There have been 4 games this entire NFL season where an offense has got 10 or fewer first down. Astoundingly, 3 of those belong to the 49ers! That is historically bad. That means the 49ers are 3 for 7 in their games and the rest of the league is 1 for like 217. It is simply unbelievable.

That's what happens when your OC tries to playcall like he has Brady back there instead of Kaepernick. I mean look at Seattle. Wilson is not really a great QB but the playcalling protects him and makes use of the few things he is good at

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I heard an interesting stat this morning on Mike and Mike. There have been 4 games this entire NFL season where an offense has got 10 or fewer first down. Astoundingly, 3 of those belong to the 49ers! That is historically bad. That means the 49ers are 3 for 7 in their games and the rest of the league is 1 for like 217. It is simply unbelievable.
Crazy stat. This team is lost. OC has no game plan and the DC has no game plan. I talked about this on the other thread. When Miller plays 35% or more we win. Last game he played 20%. Don't get it. Ellington catches 2 ball right away in the Giants game for 39 yards, doesn't see field again. Last night Ellington your fastest guy no plays set up for him. Tiller who has graded 2nd highest on the Oline the last 2 games still doesn't start.

OC has no clue.

Now to the DC he has the worst scheme ever. These players are so out of place on plays its crazy. Lynch is the only pass rusher we have. We make a trade for a starting MLB and he doesn't start over Wilhoite who is ranked as one of the worst MLB in football. Bowman is still covering when we all know he lost a step. We are playing Wilson and No LB spy. I DONT UNDERSTAND these guys. I was so happy to see Tarrt in there. Once he took over Bethea secondary looked much better.

CLUELESS

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when your OC tries to playcall like he has Brady back there instead of Kaepernick. I mean look at Seattle. Wilson is not really a great QB but the playcalling protects him and makes use of the few things he is good at
Well said. Yeah lets be honest Wilson isn't anything great. He didn't play well last night. 2 Ints but Seattle OC game plans for Wilson strengths. Run game and D is Big for Seattle and they help Wilson out. OC game plan fits Wilson style.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I can't believe is that Kap did not have one single rushing attempt. Seems crazy!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Yeah lets be honest Wilson isn't anything great. He didn't play well last night. 2 Ints but Seattle OC game plans for Wilson strengths. Run game and D is Big for Seattle and they help Wilson out. OC game plan fits Wilson style.

Give Wilson his due. If he's not great, he's not far from it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat. This team is lost. OC has no game plan and the DC has no game plan. I talked about this on the other thread. When Miller plays 355 or more we win. Last game he played 20%. Don't get it. Ellington catches 2 ball right away in the Giants game for 39 yards, doesn't see field again. Last night Ellington your fastest guy no plays set up for him. Tiller who has graded 2nd highest on the Oline the last 2 games still doesn't start.

OC has no clue.

Now to the DC he has the worst scheme ever. These players are so out of place on plays its crazy. Lynch is the only pass rusher we have. We make a trade for a starting MLB and he doesn't start over Wilhoite who is ranked as one of the worst MLB in football. Bowman is still covering when we all know he lost a step. We are playing Wilson and No LB spy. I DONT UNDERSTAND these guys. I was so happy to see Tarrt in there. Once he took over Bethea secondary looked much better.

CLUELESS

This whole season and this whole team is one giant clusterfuck. Of course there will be the fall guys, but everyone knows we were set up for total failure this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Wilson his due. If he's not great, he's not far from it.
Wilson is a good QB and that's it. He hasn't carried an offense yet or a team. When you have a Top 3 D every year and top 3 rushing attack that covers up what he cant do. Perfect example is this year. He isn't playing great. D isn't as good and their running game isn't as great. Hence they have 4 L's.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season and this whole team is one giant clusterfuck. Of course there will be the fall guys, but everyone knows we were set up for total failure this season.
I agree 100%. I just don't think the fall guy should be Kap. I think their are other issues before him. It all starts with Coaching then our Line play and then Kap. This is just my opinion. Last 2 games when given time Kap does fine.

I will admit Kap did look scared last night.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many OC's do we need to go through before we realize that this is not the issue? The exact same thing was said about Greg Roman, and now his offense is the 8th highest scoring team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree 100%. I just don't think the fall guy should be Kap. I think their are other issues before him. It all starts with Coaching then our Line play and then Kap. This is just my opinion. Last 2 games when given time Kap does fine.

I will admit Kap did look scared last night.

no doubt there are other issues, but it starts with the QB. Everyone knows a football team starts with the QB. So yes, Kaep isn't the only reason, but the largest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt there are other issues, but it starts with the QB. Everyone knows a football team starts with the QB. So yes, Kaep isn't the only reason, but the largest.
I disagree it starts with your oline on offense and Dline on D. As all those 1st rd Qbs that fail because of bad olines. Ask Luck how he is doing with that Oline or even R. Wilson with his Oline. Both have having bad years.

Kap did well with a good Oline not so good with a bad Oline.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree it starts with your oline on offense and Dline on D. As all those 1st rd Qbs that fail because of bad olines. Ask Luck how he is doing with that Oline or even R. Wilson with his Oline. Both have having bad years.

Kap did well with a good Oline not so good with a bad Oline.

R Wilson has the worse O-line in the NFL. Was he able to move his team downfield, get 1st downs, and score? He looked WAY better than Kaep, not just a little bit.

Maybe after last nights game, 2nd worse O-line? :-)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R Wilson has the worse O-line in the NFL. Was he able to move his team downfield, get 1st downs, and score? He looked WAY better than Kaep, not just a little bit.

Maybe after last nights game, 2nd worse O-line? :-)
disagree a little. did have 2 Ints. but he also has a better OC and had a better running game. His coach puts them in better position to win. both played bad. seattle D was the reason they won.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a better quarterback than Kaepernick. Not by leaps and bounds like Sea fans would make it out to be, but he is better. They are very similar in that they both make their o-lines look worse than reality, are more of the 1-read/panic/scramble mode players. Wilson has better touch, and for lazy terms, is more adept in looking to pass when scrambling.

I no longer give a fark when Kaepernick has a big game, because that's the aberration. Last night was more of the norm.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Wilson is much much better. I don't think the gap between those two is overblown at all.

And I'm sure everyone knows but we are dead last in total offense and scoring offense!

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson is better than Kap. If Kap had Wilson's skill and talent, would we have a better record than 2-5?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson is better than Kap. If Kap had Wilson's skill and talent, would we have a better record than 2-5?
Yes we would because look at Seattle they are 3-4 and they have a much better Defense. No QB would help us right now and especially not Wilson. Rodgers and Brady and maybe Big Ben(when Healthy) has a shot to make this a .500 team this year. Oline is too bad for any QB to be successful.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we would because look at Seattle they are 3-4 and they have a much better Defense.

That's what I'm thinking. Like someone stated earlier, the whole team is a clusterfuck.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't figure out why every time they show Tomsula on the sideline I feel embarrassed. I know a lot of the players like him, but he just inspires zero confidence with the dumb look on his face 24/7 and when he opens his mouth... it gets worse.