• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just How Bad is the Niner Offense

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone honestly believe that if the 9ers had russell wilson we would be winning a bunch of games? Look at Seatttles roster, they are stake

I see. I will never get it because when I compare two QB's I want to also consider which secondaries and defenses they faced when comparing their numbers?

Using your methods I can deduce that Kaepernick is bettter than Aaron Rodgers because in three out of four matchups between the two Kaepernick outpeformed him. Never mind that SF Wow, kaepernick is better than I thought!!

Never mind that in those games Rodgers faced the 3rd, 5th, 4th ranked defenses in the NFL and Kaepernick faced the 11th, 25th, and 15 ranked defenses.... that is irrelevant... :L

wow, now you're REALLY taking it off course. from a simple discussion of Kaep to the entire NFL?! Again, taking it to the extreme.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers defense is ranked 30th in the NFL and Seattle has one of the best defenses. You can't compare the offensive lines based on a game when one offensive line faced the second worst defense in the league and the other offensive line faced a top ten NFL defense that was the best defense in the league last year and is entirely intact and refer to that comparison as "apples to apples". That isn't apples to apples.
We have another great post. I agree.They dont see it like that.

It doesnt matter who the Qb is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to go back and read the thread, cause you're now off course.

we were not comparing offensive lines per se, but comparing QB's. someone - purguy or you, or maybe you just agreed - said Kaep didn't play well because he has a poor O-line. my response was Wilson played well with an even worse O-line.

Don't change it to which QB was playing which defense, we were talking about QB's and their O-lines. If you can't get this now, f'get 'bout it.
Yes but Kap played against a top D and Wilson played against one of the worst D's and Now its safe to say 49ers Oline is worse then Seattle.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a pretty good point. I have always wondered how Russell Wilson would do against Seattle's defense.

I think he is really good actually, but I think he would struggle a lot against a defense like that (and not just b/c they know him and the plays).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a pretty good point. I have always wondered how Russell Wilson would do against Seattle's defense.

I think he is really good actually, but I think he would struggle a lot against a defense like that (and not just b/c they know him and the plays).
Wilson is a little above Avg to me. He does 1 thing well(extend plays) and the rest is just avg. He has been lucky to play with a Top Rusher and a Top D. As we see this year Seattle isnt as good and Wilson is struggling. Wilson is still better then most QB's because this league is thin at QB. I never bought Wilson is great talk.

Dont get me wrong he is better then Kap.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a little above Avg to me. He does 1 thing well(extend plays) and the rest is just avg. He has been lucky to play with a Top Rusher and a Top D. As we see this year Seattle isnt as good and Wilson is struggling. Wilson is still better then most QB's because this league is thin at QB. I never bought Wilson is great talk.

Dont get me wrong he is better then Kap.

He does extend plays and I think he's more accurate the Kap. What puzzles me is why Kap has stopped running even if just to gain a couple of yards. Instead he throws the ball on the ground or run out of bounds and loses yards.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does extend plays and I think he's more accurate the Kap. What puzzles me is why Kap has stopped running even if just to gain a couple of yards. Instead he throws the ball on the ground or run out of bounds and loses yards.
I think he is scared and he lost his confidence. Think about it harbaugh told him not to run until playoffs and the new staff is telling him to run but the Oline is so bad that he is scared to take off.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin, 49ers' offensive linemen get remarkably low marks

Overall, nothing we didn't already know. Except I didn't realize Boone wasn't playing well too? If this is the case, move him back to RG where he's proven, or move him to RT cause he sure isn't doing it at LG.

At this point they have to give up the idea of having Boone stay in the left handed stance.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin, 49ers' offensive linemen get remarkably low marks

Overall, nothing we didn't already know. Except I didn't realize Boone wasn't playing well too? If this is the case, move him back to RG where he's proven, or move him to RT cause he sure isn't doing it at LG.

At this point they have to give up the idea of having Boone stay in the left handed stance.

I am wondering if Martin's awful play at Center doesn't have something to do with it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is more accurate although last week I saw him make several bad throws that should have been routine plays. One would have made a key first down where he overthrew Jimmy Graham and on what should have been an easy first down pass. Probably the best in the league at extending plays and avoiding pressure. Has that lateral quickness and able to change direction which Kap can't do. But he isn't a very good pocket passer. Cosell has stated on KNBR he often flees the pocket even when there is no pressure and while he makes some great plays outside the structure of the pocket, he often fails to make routine plays within the structure of the offense.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, now you're REALLY taking it off course. from a simple discussion of Kaep to the entire NFL?! Again, taking it to the extreme.

I think you identified the problem. You were having a "simple" discussion and I was trying to be more in depth.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bad enough to beat the Falcons.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't figure out why every time they show Tomsula on the sideline I feel embarrassed. I know a lot of the players like him, but he just inspires zero confidence with the dumb look on his face 24/7 and when he opens his mouth... it gets worse.
I agree. he looks like the high school football coach of the Tarzana Titans.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. he looks like the high school football coach of the Tarzana Titans.

Again, I have no business judging his football intellect, but the way he presents himself... he doesn't inspire confidence.....