• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just accepted this trade - Thoughts?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Team League, PPR, Playoffs Week 16-17

I send: Derek Carr, Ty Montgomery
I receive: Andrew Luck

My Team (post-trade):
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Leveon Bell
RB: Devontae Booker
WR: Odell Beckham JR
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: TY Hilton
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Vinatieri

BENCH:
Jameis Winston
Randall Cobb
Deangelo Williams
Theo Riddick
Doug Baldwin
Ravens D/ST (Week 10 Fillin)
Empty Slot (probably going to pickup kicker for Viniateri byeweek replacement)

His Team (post-trade):
QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Jonathan Stewart
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Donte Moncrief
WR: Quincy Enunwa
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Melvin Gordon
D/ST: Vikings
K: Bailey

BENCH (He'll have to drop one):
Deandre Hopkins
David Johnson
Amari Cooper
Kyle Rudolph
Sammie Coates
Giants D/ST
Ty Montgomery
Derek Carr

I wanted to get better matchups for the postseason in Week 16-17 and Carr plays against Denver in Week 17. Also, Montgomery was nice for bye-week fillin, but hopefully would not have cracked my starting lineup.

Thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Harry Doyle on this one..."personally I think you got hosed on that one"

Luck's oline is pathetic, and if he's still upright come week 16, or if they even play him in week 17 (quite likely they're out of it with nothing to gain), I'd be shocked. and even IF those things don't happen and he plays..Carr is likely to outscore him overall.can't score from your back

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Harry Doyle on this one..."personally I think you got hosed on that one"

Luck's oline is pathetic, and if he's still upright come week 16, or if they even play him in week 17 (quite likely they're out of it with nothing to gain), I'd be shocked. and even IF those things don't happen and he plays..Carr is likely to outscore him overall.can't score from your back

Week 17 Carr plays @Denver. Can't see him scoring big numbers on the road at Mile High in January. If Luck isn't upright then I go with Jameis at home vs. a suspect Carolina defense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 17 Carr plays @Denver. Can't see him scoring big numbers on the road at Mile High in January. If Luck isn't upright then I go with Jameis at home vs. a suspect Carolina defense.
Your making a trade with the assumption that week 17 even matters, gotta get there first

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your making a trade with the assumption that week 17 even matters, gotta get there first

I'll definitely be in Week 16, I'm comfortably in 1st place. Luck plays the Raiders in Week 16 who are giving up tons of points to QBs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely be in Week 16, I'm comfortably in 1st place. Luck plays the Raiders in Week 16 who are giving up tons of points to QBs.
Assuming Luck makes it that far..gee, that means Carr plays Indy week 16, who are giving up tons to Qb's

Look, you asked for opinions, don't argue when someone'she doesn't agree with yours. you asked, I gave mine, with logical, rational reasoning. sorry you don't agree

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Luck makes it that far..gee, that means Carr plays Indy week 16, who are giving up tons to Qb's

Look, you asked for opinions, don't argue when someone'she doesn't agree with yours. you asked, I gave mine, with logical, rational reasoning. sorry you don't agree

It's more of a discussion than an argument. FWIW, Oakland is giving up roughly the same amount of points to QBs as Indy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of a discussion than an argument. FWIW, Oakland is giving up roughly the same amount of points to QBs as Indy.
Right, thus why I said tons, same as you did, was that an attempt to prove some sort of point, or just restating what I said?

Here's the deal, I'd rather have Carr, period, regardless of match ups, because there is minimal, minimal, MINIMAL risk if him getting hurt behind that line, he'll be active, 99 percent positive. Plus he's scoring every bit as well as Luck recently. trying to use a crystal ball to look ahead 7-8 weeks is usually a ticket to making poor decisions..which IMHO, you just did. we don't know what Denver will look like 8 weeks from now, it's entirely possible if not probable, D. Ware gets hurt again before then and misses that game, and if he does, the Donkey's lose the advantage in the battle of the trenches, and Oakland's line affords Carr time to work....it's entirely possible that Luck,whose line is giving up the most sacks in the league, isn't even playing that far into the season, your taking a huge risk for a minimal at best possibility of a slight reward.

And we haven't even touched on you adding Ty Montgomery.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ty is too valuable to swap Carr for Luck.

I would have rode Carr and Winston.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ty is too valuable to swap Carr for Luck.

I would have rode Carr and Winston.

Do you think Ty should displace someone on my starting lineup?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Ty should displace someone on my starting lineup?

Hilton and Marshall have bye weeks coming.

ESPN has him at RB and if he might just get it elsewhere when he plays 99% of his plays as an RB.