• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jump on the Texas bandwagon now. Charlie Strong to Texas. Grand Slam hire

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.

Louisville wins Bowl
Coach leaves
Recruits look elsewhere
Louisville hires next coach
Program staggers back to its feet
Louisville Returns to Bowl
Rinse & Repeat

It's the most agonizing thing ever & we have to eat this shit on a regular basis. I'm fuckin sick of it. I thought surely, going to the ACC would put an end to this nightmare.

Regardless - Jurich is on the phone right now with our next hire - and pre lim reports suggest Chad Morris.

Stay Tuned.....

lville....sorry to hear you guys are losing a great coach. Many nimrods in Texas don't know what they are getting. The bandwagon fans of these teams are there so they can feel good about themselves. SU's problem is being a private school. It's hard for the BOT to get up off of the kind of money some schools are paying. We have to gamble every game. So the winner doesn't know what the gambler understands. Being a fan of SU....I find the W's a little sweeter.

And what trolly eluded to is really sad. If fans don't want him because of the "culture", I hope they run him out of Texas. Shit like that goes a long way in explaining why with all the talent, they can't win out the BXII.

5th choice? Well if you include Harbaugh and Obrien...one in the NFL and the other on his way....lol. People who believe those were choices don't know what pipe dreams are? My choice is to live in a house on the beach in Naples, Florida. And my guess is invites went out to Mora, Briles and Strong at the same time. 5th choice...gtfu.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this even a lock? As I listen to ESPN radio this morning, they keep replaying a claim that Art Briles would take the job if they offered it to him. He apparently turned it down and now we hear the same thing about Charlie Strong.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.

Louisville wins Bowl
Coach leaves
Recruits look elsewhere
Rinse & Repeat

It's the most agonizing thing ever & we have to eat this shit on a regular basis. I'm fuckin sick of it. I thought surely, going to the ACC would put an end to this nightmare.

Regardless - Jurich is on the phone right now with our next hire - and pre lim reports suggest Chad Morris.

Stay Tuned.....

You couldn't have really thought that going to the ACC would stop coaches from leaving Louisville for jobs like Texas, did you? I mean getting more dough in the ACC AND a hoops championship doesn't bring Texas type of money to the table. Then you throw in arguably the most fertile state for high school talent in the country and it's going to be hard to turn that down. Guys leave their alma maters for jobs like this. No disrespect intended to Louisville but no one outside of Louisville thought Strong would be there too long. The way he's had them playing one of the big programs would be calling.

I think this is an excellent hire for Texas. I think he'll have a short leash and if he's not in the national picture by year 3 his seat will be ablaze.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy Texas got their 5th choice.

I would say they had to get realistic before they could actually find a coach. I also won't assume that Mora and Briles didn't remove their names after it was clear they were not getting the job.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Longhorn would be very happy with Charlie Strong as the next Longhorn HC.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Longhorns are in the ACC? Since when?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong would be about as good a hire as one could even ask for.

Also glad to see it isn't James Franklin. I wouldn't mind having him be the next VT coach after Frank hangs it up.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.

Louisville wins Bowl
Coach leaves
Recruits look elsewhere
Rinse & Repeat

Stay Tuned.....

Chad Morris is a rocket ship! I watched his team here in Austin when he was at Lake Travis Hi. Lot of Texas people hoping he'd get a chance here...now the dreamers hoping he'd be new OC. But he's not got to sideslip jobs, he's gonna be a headcoach somewhere, soon. He's getting 1 mil+ as OC at Clemson I hear.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? To make even MORE money than the ACC to poach your coaches? :laugh3: Golden may well be next to go btw

Lol, strong was never an ACC coach, and people in Miami have their fingers crossed that Penn State can bail us out of that shitty contract with golden. when your boyfriend can't coach up at top 80 defense and you refused to fire him....buh, bye!

nice UT nut swinging, tho. Gotta taste better than cincys and uconns.:laugh3:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear, there's one stumbling block, don't know what it is. I swear, if some of those rich old bastards who are still clamoring for Saban derail this thing with Strong, I'm gonna send my ring back in a box of turds.

And the Longhorn message boards are full of idiots not happy with this possible hire. The should all JSTFU

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, strong was never an ACC coach, and people in Miami have their fingers crossed that Penn State can bail us out of that shitty contract with golden. when your boyfriend can't coach up at top 80 defense and you refused to fire him....buh, bye!

as I'm sure it tastes better then diving balls deep into FSU and Clemson's

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UConn & Cincy carrying your torch > FSU & Clemson?

:L ugh fuckin' 'eer fans.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big mistake, Horns. Won't work and there'll be hell to pay down the road. You're Texas and you ended up with Charlie Strong? Your AD and "search team" blew it.

What? Are you even on the same planet as the rest of us?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy. He has a defensive background and should be strong with inner city recruiting. That's one area Texas has struggled lately.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IIRC you're the poster who wrote that Strong wouldn't go to Texas.

Are you still hurting from the beating that Strong and Louisville gave your team?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska went after Mack Brown, would have been a great hire for Nebraska had he not said no thanks. It is like the national talking heads say, Nebraska and their fans know their place as a perennial 8 win team now. Texas don't think like that

Let me guess.

Are you a subscriber to the National Enquirer?

You and Chip Brown should get together for some tea and crumpets some day. That would be a hoot.