• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Smith

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still shocked this guy got cut. Shooting beneath 40% on the year..but career high assists. How bad was this guy in the locker room for Detroit not to do this in the offseason? There has to be a really good story(ies?) behind this. Shit in the gym bags is a good start...but that's a lot of shit to work out in one night. Once a few bags have been shit in, I assume people would start taking precautions.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I saw the news today. This is just crazy. I don't mean that the Pistons screwed it up, far from it, I mean the situation itself. Do you realize how freaking toxic you have to be for an NBA team to straight up cut you with that much money left on a deal? You could take a shit in every one's gym bag and I'm not sure the team would cut you like Detroit did Smith. That's the level of pure trash Josh Smith has been for Detroit.

The Clippers and Dallas likely need him the most given their need for front court depth but Houston or Sacramento will probably land him. The question is how many fucks is he gonna give. He gave zero in Detroit. Maybe if he can have a shot at a ring, he'll try a little bit. He's got the talent and skillset to be an all-star every year but he's a knucklehead.

Uh...oh:doh:.

Add the Lakers to the list of teams interested in free-agent forward Josh Smith.

A number of teams are believed to covet Smith, including the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings and Clippers.

The Lakers (8-19) are searching for players who could help improve a talent-thin roster.

One advantage the Lakers have is money, in the form of the Steve Nash disabled player exception. Nash is out for the season with a back injury. The Lakers can spend up to $4.85 million on a single player.

The Rockets have their bi-annual exception, which can be used to sign Smith for up to $2.1 million. The Heat may receive a disabled player exception for Josh McRoberts (knee) for $2.7 million. The Clippers, Kings and Mavericks can offer only a pro-rated veteran's minimum contract, just under $1 million.

Add Lakers to list of teams interested in Josh Smith - LA Times

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...oh:doh:.

Add the Lakers to the list of teams interested in free-agent forward Josh Smith.

A number of teams are believed to covet Smith, including the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings and Clippers.

The Lakers (8-19) are searching for players who could help improve a talent-thin roster.

One advantage the Lakers have is money, in the form of the Steve Nash disabled player exception. Nash is out for the season with a back injury. The Lakers can spend up to $4.85 million on a single player.

The Rockets have their bi-annual exception, which can be used to sign Smith for up to $2.1 million. The Heat may receive a disabled player exception for Josh McRoberts (knee) for $2.7 million. The Clippers, Kings and Mavericks can offer only a pro-rated veteran's minimum contract, just under $1 million.

Add Lakers to list of teams interested in Josh Smith - LA Times

:L If the Lakers get him, maybe Kobe will kick his ass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly take him in Miami.

With McRoberts done for the year he would fit in perfectly

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly take him in Miami.

With McRoberts done for the year he would fit in perfectly

Trust me when I say that you guys do not want Josh. Even when he was in his prime in Atlanta, this guy could be just plain frustrating to watch. He makes a lot of dumb moves (bitching at refs, taking three-point shots that he should know he just can't make, etc.), and he has this odd obsession with making jump-shots instead of sticking with what he knows.

I'm glad the Hawks let him go. I wanted it to work out, but the guy just won't stop taking stupid shots.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think mavs have a good chance as he and rondo are best buddies. Rondo would make smith look good

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think mavs have a good chance as he and rondo are best buddies. Rondo would make smith look good

Is he willing to come off the bench? They're not benching Parsons for him

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Josh Smith this year wasn't even just jumpers this year. He has missed a lot of paint shots he should make.

Svg wanted to focus on the future after the 5-23.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want him. I cant stand stupid basketball players and he is the dumbest in the league imo. he needs a reality check. no one picking him up might do him some good. sadly he is too talented to be sitting around

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want him. I cant stand stupid basketball players and he is the dumbest in the league imo. he needs a reality check. no one picking him up might do him some good. sadly he is too talented to be sitting around

Yep, and that will get him picked up by someone. He has talent and every NBA coach has an ego that makes him think "I'm the one who can finally get through to him."

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^^^^^ this. Don't want him in Miami. We are more than a Josh Smith away from winning the East. I remember him in Atl and all the dumb crap he would pull as far as shot selection. I am already frustrated enough watching the Heat this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^ this. Don't want him in Miami. We are more than a Josh Smith away from winning the East. I remember him in Atl and all the dumb crap he would pull as far as shot selection. I am already frustrated enough watching the Heat this year.

The Heat would be better off bring Beasley back than bringing in Smith.

In before turnup!!

:hammer:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Varejao is probably done in cleveland, the cavs will probably push to get Smith. Love wont be too happy, but he shouldnt be saying he is gonna test free agency either.