• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Hamilton relapse

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Michael Chadwick saying he didn't think Josh needed an accountability partner? Yeah.... I think he does. How many teams do you think want to take on that baggage?

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference at 1:00 on the ticket and other stations im sure

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't his first relapse. Shit happens if it was one night

Will pray for him and his addiction

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't his first relapse. Shit happens if it was one night

Will pray for him and his addiction

If you really knew Josh's story you would know what a danger even one drink was for him. Not saying he won't move past it, but alcohol is a big problem for him.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to hear this. He's one of my favorite ball players and wish him the best. Most people tend to forget that alcoholism is a disease, and not something they can just "get over".
I'm sure there will be people who will ridicule him, unfortunately. Folks don't tease others who have such diseases like cancer, so people with alcoholism should treated with the same respect, IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to hear this. He's one of my favorite ball players and wish him the best. Most people tend to forget that alcoholism is a disease, and not something they can just "get over".
I'm sure there will be people who will ridicule him, unfortunately. Folks don't tease others who have such diseases like cancer, so people with alcoholism should treated with the same respect, IMO.

Well yes and no smoke. Alcoholism is a self inflicted disease, and while those individuals need all the support in the world I think equating it to say breast cancer is disrespectful to those afflicted with cancer.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed to hear this as well. From what I have heard if he opens the door with just one drink all bets are off. I have great respect for Hamilton and I hope he is back on track for ST.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton, Inside Scoop From 8 People | Mike Dyce on Sports

I personally know 8 people who were there and I have talked to 6 eyewitnesses in depth of the events of that evening.

I’ve heard various different versions of the story some that match up, the one conflicting report I’ve heard is whether or not he was drinking. Some have said that he was drinking, some have said that their were “4 domestic beers” on the tab that can’t be attributed to any of the allegedly 3 people that were there. I’ve also had 2 different people, including one who was not drinking and sober that night indicate that Josh only drank orange juice.

Still, if he remained sober and didn’t drink, he shouldn’t be putting himself in such a risky situation with so much to jeopardize, for instance the large multi-year contract extension Hamilton and the Rangers were hoping to work out before spring training. It seems confirmed that regardless of whether he drank or not, Josh did not drive.

Allegedly some kind of picture was taken that would compromise Josh Hamilton in some nature, and the owner of this photo allegedly tried to blackmail the Rangers or Josh Hamilton.

All the questions about whether Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton came together or not seemed to be answered. I was told that Josh Hamilton and Ian Kinsler were having dinner at a different establishment and were being “hounded” and then elected to leave and go to Sherlock’s to continue having an evening together in a more private setting, removed from fans.

Josh while there supposedly also acknowledged to his waitress that he was an alcoholic and recovering drug addict. This is in sharp contrast to those who say Josh had a moment of weakness and called Ian Kinsler to reach out to him, who then came to try and remove Hamilton from the situation and “save him from himself.”

Another incident occurred that all parties I’ve talked to confirm with almost identical stories, and this is probably more the focus of the story as details continue to come out.

The second incident in question is that Josh Hamilton went to a bathroom with a woman for 8-10 minutes while an off-duty manager blocked people from coming in. I was told by everyone I talked to that this happened, and that it was consensual. He then supposedly ran out of the bathroom, onto the patio and hurdled the fence. When he hurdled the fence multiple witnesses told me that he hit his knee on the iron fence surrounding the patio area. No one was specified which knee it was. He then got in an SUV and left.

If Josh Hamilton did not drink, and this second incident becomes the focus of the story, this will be damaging to his reputation and image but might not be quite the worrisome situation that drinking would be. It definitely would be less damaging to his career as a Major League Baseball player and his new contract on the horizon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about what anyone else has to say until Josh's press conference.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Mike Dyce account. His version sounds crazy and made up. I don't believe there is anyway on earth that Hamilton went into a restroom to have sex with someone he just met while a "manager" stood in the doorway allowing the deal to go down. That is just friggin' preposterous. 1. Hamilton can certainly get whatever he wants any day of the week and with a myriad of young women and discreetly. Then, why in the heck would he run off in such a manner? Doesn't make any sense.

You know, probably what happened was the guy had 3 or 4 beers and then Kinsler dragged his butt out of there when he saw that he was getting a bit out of control.

Then again, this is the guy who was doing body shots with that girl the last time he decided to drink. This guy really, really has pitiful judgment issues.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Mike Dyce account. His version sounds crazy and made up. I don't believe there is anyway on earth that Hamilton went into a restroom to have sex with someone he just met while a "manager" stood in the doorway allowing the deal to go down. That is just friggin' preposterous. 1. Hamilton can certainly get whatever he wants any day of the week and with a myriad of young women and discreetly. Then, why in the heck would he run off in such a manner? Doesn't make any sense.

You know, probably what happened was the guy had 3 or 4 beers and then Kinsler dragged his butt out of there when he saw that he was getting a bit out of control.

Then again, this is the guy who was doing body shots with that girl the last time he decided to drink. This guy really, really has pitiful judgment issues.

Yeah sounds a lot like Big Ben:nod:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Dyce "blog" is true to a point....

Helps when you know a person that works at Sherlocks...and her story matches parts of Dyce's blog... just sayin.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Dyce "blog" is true to a point....

Helps when you know a person that works at Sherlocks...and her story matches parts of Dyce's blog... just sayin.

Sounds like there was a lot of embellishment in that account.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there was a lot of embellishment in that account.

I dont believe Dyce was actually there... he was compiling info from people... "sources".

That said, there is more to the story... since Hamilton said so (used the "its personal" reference)...

Will it come to light? Who knows...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe Dyce was actually there... he was compiling info from people... "sources".

That said, there is more to the story... since Hamilton said so (used the "its personal" reference)...

Will it come to light? Who knows...

I don't doubt there is more to the story, but not to the extent that he claims. I'm telling you his "sources" embellished plenty just to get their 15 minutes.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason no team is going to give Hamilton a long term deal for big money. He simply can't escape his demons. I'm actually surprised he's done as well as he has. Hopefully everything works out for him, but I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy who could have been one of the best players in the game because he couldn't stop drinking or using drugs.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes and no smoke. Alcoholism is a self inflicted disease, and while those individuals need all the support in the world I think equating it to say breast cancer is disrespectful to those afflicted with cancer.

I understand what you're saying. But what about people who intentionally do things that can and will cause cancer, like smoke and chew? I think they get more sympathy than people who abuse alcohol. Alcoholics are looked down upon, unlike tobacco users, for the most part anyways.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason no team is going to give Hamilton a long term deal for big money. He simply can't escape his demons. I'm actually surprised he's done as well as he has. Hopefully everything works out for him, but I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy who could have been one of the best players in the game because he couldn't stop drinking or using drugs.

He thinks he will get a big contract. The Rangers were looking at extension talks, but he was looking for a Werth type contract. Hope he gets more reasonable. I hate to say it, but he needed humbling.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying. But what about people who intentionally do things that can and will cause cancer, like smoke and chew? I think they get more sympathy than people who abuse alcohol. Alcoholics are looked down upon, unlike tobacco users, for the most part anyways.

I view that the same way I do alcoholism.