• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon first WR taken in 2014 drafts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With nearly 800 yards the past 4 games, coming from such esteemed QB's as Brandon Weedon or Jason Campbell- sometimes both in the same game....

Is anyone else strongly considering taking Gordon as the top WR next year, yes, including Calvin??

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. Not while he's with Cleveland anyway.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. Not while he's with Cleveland anyway.

Well, he's with Cleveland now. . Currently leading the league in yards, and in a tie at 11th in receiving scores (3 TE's in the top 3), and that's missing 2 games. One more score he's knocking on top 5 for WR's.
Give Cleveland a decent RB through the Draft, a full off season with one starting QB..who knows?

I only singled out your response cuz your the only one who gave anything more than a yes or no..or the standard, "I'm smarter than you, please do", typical response

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. The QB situation is just too iffy in Cleveland. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall (depending on who is Chicago's QB next year) should still be taken ahead of Gordon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough not to consider him top 5 FF worthy... He would be a great 2nd/3rd rounder next draft if he keeps this pace. But I highly doubt he will continue the success, so I wouldn't reach in the 1st. Call it a hunch.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough not to consider him top 5 FF worthy... He would be a great 2nd/3rd rounder next draft if he keeps this pace. But I highly doubt he will continue the success, so I wouldn't reach in the 1st. Call it a hunch.

Well I've never been a big believer in taking any WR in the first, although I know that in a typical 12 team league, the 1st WR will be taken in the first round. Although the way this year has gone, after the top 3-4 RB's are gone, I may just re-think that philosophy.

I'm normally right with anyone that says "no, not with that QB situation" or "no, not with that crap Browns team", but bottom line the guy is the #2 overall fantasy WR, and he's done it while playing with Weedon and Campbell, for the Browns, and had 2 games less of stats to score. Call me amazed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've never been a big believer in taking any WR in the first, although I know that in a typical 12 team league, the 1st WR will be taken in the first round. Although the way this year has gone, after the top 3-4 RB's are gone, I may just re-think that philosophy.

I'm normally right with anyone that says "no, not with that QB situation" or "no, not with that crap Browns team", but bottom line the guy is the #2 overall fantasy WR, and he's done it while playing with Weedon and Campbell, for the Browns, and had 2 games less of stats to score. Call me amazed

Completely agree... I took a late round shot at him in one of my leagues and haven't sat him since. Pure gold!

I did the same with Blackmon in a different league, and that almost played out really well! I like going after good receivers that everybody passes on because of suspensions/injuries.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Then let me know how it turns out for you after passing on guys like Megatron, Dez, Marshall, Green, Julio.
I love how now matter how often all of us are proven dead wrong on what we think we know, we'll cling to and defend it to the death, anyone saying otherwise is an obvious idiot. No worries I've done it myself.

Fyi.. Had you done that this year, you'd have the #2 WR, instead of the #9, #4, #5 and an IR. Calvin is still on top.
Not to mention a high likely hood you'd be riding a 4 game winning streak during the playoff push

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is still the best WR in the game with Stafford throwing the ball.

CJ not withstanding I would be concern next dirty drop is a year long ban for him as well. I just had my year go to hell losing Julio to injury…I had Matt Ryan as well…so I like a little more sure thing the guy will play. Hard enough to factor injuries don't need the tree thrown in as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is still the best WR in the game with Stafford throwing the ball.

CJ not withstanding I would be concern next dirty drop is a year long ban for him as well. I just had my year go to hell losing Julio to injury…I had Matt Ryan as well…so I like a little more sure thing the guy will play. Hard enough to factor injuries don't need the tree thrown in as well.

Now there's a reason I can get behind, a very serious concern. I know I'll be keeping a very close eye all off season to see if maybe this last wake up call was the one where he actually got it, or if he's still a punk waiting to happen.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how now matter how often all of us are proven dead wrong on what we think we know, we'll cling to and defend it to the death, anyone saying otherwise is an obvious idiot. No worries I've done it myself.

Fyi.. Had you done that this year, you'd have the #2 WR, instead of the #9, #4, #5 and an IR. Calvin is still on top.
Not to mention a high likely hood you'd be riding a 4 game winning streak during the playoff push

Not saying you're wrong or an idiot for doing so at all, man. Just saying that do you really think he will keep up this play next year if he is still in Cleveland?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you can safely take him in the second, maybe even third, Treff. Much like Blackmon, though, there are some issues there. A guy like Megatron is a safer bet for those reasons.

But Gordon is single-handedly turning backup-quality QBs into legit fantasy starters in their own right. He seems to be doing for Campbell, Hoyer and Weeden what Peyton Manning did for Austin Collie and Blair White.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you're wrong or an idiot for doing so at all, man. Just saying that do you really think he will keep up this play next year if he is still in Cleveland?

You mean the NFL record setting pace of his last 4 games. .hell no, no one could. But play worthy of consideration for the top WR spot?? Yeah definitely. Best thing about playing in Cleveland for the foreseeable future. . They're likely to be playing from behind more often than with the lead, and again, he's doing it now, in Cleveland, as much as I'd like to point to that for a reason not to bank on him, the evidence suggests otherwise.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Gordon is single-handedly turning backup-quality QBs into legit fantasy starters in their own right. He seems to be doing for Campbell, Hoyer and Weeden what Peyton Manning did for Austin Collie and Blair White.

Oh tell me about it! I just had Campbell put up a fat 101 pts on the bench in my Big play league, while I settled for a measly 21 from Foles!

I'm not suggesting that the guy is the second coming or anything, I just think it's something that should be considered. At some point some young WR will knock Calvin off his pedestal, and I'd love to be there when it happens. And if that means my gamble gives me a top 5 instead of the #1, a round or two later? Yea sign me up.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still take Calvin over him, not like 81 has given us a reason not to... but point is taken and I know I'm devastated that I didn't take him in the 9th...instead of the friggin Niners! And I'd put him right up there in the top 5 with DT, Dez and AJ.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk about how cleveland is such a bad place to be a WR because of the lack of QB... But here is the thing, they have nobody else to throw to or to give the ball to, not to mention they play catchup football all the time(they are almost always losing)... So cleveland is actually an advantage... If cleveland does find a RB, then that will only hurt Gordon... Gordon is definitely good, but cleveland being cleveland is actually a big reason why he is THAT good...