• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon..... Back Again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he's learned something and know this is most likely his last chance.

Swag GIF by AfterThis - Find & Share on GIPHY

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe but the defense has played better lately. Granted, most defenses look good vs. Wentz but shut down Murray and the Cards pretty well, had a solid second half vs. the Rams and over the last 5 games, the pass rush numbers are on par with the Steelers and Saints. Now, still have a ways to go and issues to address but if they continue to play well down the stretch and into the playoffs, they can do enough to allow the offense to win games. Remember last year at thanksgiving, the Chiefs were ranked in the high teens and were hands down, the best unit when it mattered most. I get how bad they have been but a pass rush really makes a difference. Adams getting healthy, the Dunlap trade and the other guys are starting to step up. Secondary still needs to play a little better at key moments but I'm not a big believer in early season stats meaning a lot. Especially on that side of the ball. Hell, the 2014 L.O.B. was ranked 16th, iirc at midseason.
Dunlap has been a nice addition.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon will reportedly be reinstated from his indefinite suspension.

On Thursday, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reported the NFL is reinstating the Seattle Seahawks wide receiver and will make him eligible for the final two games.

This comes after Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported on May 21 that the wide receiver planned on applying for reinstatement and was ready to play. The goal at the time was to be cleared before training camp started.

Gordon appeared in 11 games during the 2019 campaign for the New England Patriots and Seahawks, and Florio noted he played enough contests to qualify for unrestricted free agency.
How many "last chances" does a guy get in the NFL?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For smoking weed? Who fucking cares?

Aldon Smith and Antonio Brown are currently playing after multimple far worse offenses.

I agree sort of. I don't give a shit if a player smokes weed, and I'm sure most others on here don't care either. But it is a rule, even if it's dumb, and he broke it voluntarily knowing what the repercussions would be so it's still his fault and he still shouldn't have done it. The league really needs to update the rule on weed but until they do the players can only blame themselves if they get in trouble for having it in their systems.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Seattle also lost Greg Olsen two weeks again and he's done for the year. Josh Gordon won't take the place of a TE but he does put another very good set of hands out there that we are currently missing with Olsen being gone. Olsen was only seeing about 3 to 4 targets per game. If Gordon only replaces those targets and gets 2 or 3 first downs per game then he'll be a great add to this offense.
He'll also be a major contributor on 3rd down situations... Last year, RW went to him for a few key 3rd/4th down conversions... He came through when we needed him... RW seemed to trust him more than DK in those 3rd down situations last year because of his hands/size...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sort of. I don't give a shit if a player smokes weed, and I'm sure most others on here don't care either. But it is a rule, even if it's dumb, and he broke it voluntarily knowing what the repercussions would be so it's still his fault and he still shouldn't have done it. The league really needs to update the rule on w
The league has.

I believe it's only if the player becomes a problem that penalties will occur.

Guy shows up plays hard, practises hard, shows up for meetings on time, no problem.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For smoking weed? Who fucking cares?

Aldon Smith and Antonio Brown are currently playing after multimple far worse offenses.
It just shows that Gordon is an unreliable piece of shit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are rules, especially simple to follow rules like this. The weakness just astonishes me when you throw away millions of dollars because you can't stop smoking weed. Where else is an ignorant ape like Gordon going to get a job like this again?

Sure thing. Yet like I said, they've re-written the rules now so find another hill to die on. If he doesn't make it now it's because he isn't good enough anymore.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are rules, especially simple to follow rules like this. The weakness just astonishes me when you throw away millions of dollars because you can't stop smoking weed. Where else is an ignorant ape like Gordon going to get a job like this again?
Where's the pro-marijuana "it's not addictive nor a gateway drug" club?

If it's not addictive to some, why can't these playes quit for 5-10 years? Like you said, they're potentially losing millions.

Some people's children, it's not enough they get to play a game for a living most of us would give our right nut to have.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surely seems like it's a addiction, but likely no worse then alcohol. Like alcohol it's being accepted as something that just part of the fabric of society, So we move forward with it I guess. Addition comes in many forms, cell phones come to mind. We got a lot of work to address the problem of addiction.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just shows that Gordon is an unreliable piece of shit.
Wow! Did he wrong your Mom or something?
I get calling him stupid, but Normally I would reserve calling a person a Piece of shit for those that......... well, are a piece of shit.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing. Yet like I said, they've re-written the rules now so find another hill to die on. If he doesn't make it now it's because he isn't good enough anymore.
Yawn

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the pro-marijuana "it's not addictive nor a gateway drug" club?

If it's not addictive to some, why can't these playes quit for 5-10 years? Like you said, they're potentially losing millions.

Some people's children, it's not enough they get to play a game for a living most of us would give our right nut to have.
They can’t quit because they are weak

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surely seems like it's a addiction, but likely no worse then alcohol. Like alcohol it's being accepted as something that just part of the fabric of society, So we move forward with it I guess. Addition comes in many forms, cell phones come to mind. We got a lot of work to address the problem of addiction.
I disagree but I hear what you are saying

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Did he wrong your Mom or something?
I get calling him stupid, but Normally I would reserve calling a person a Piece of shit for those that......... well, are a piece of shit.
Fair enough