• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HE is back

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a player fails 2 NFL drugs tests he's permanently on the NFL's drug offender list. Being on that list means he's subject to strict substance limits and he's tested multiple times a month. The alcohol test limit for that group is .000. Using the wrong mouthwash will cause a positive test. Gordon has failed at least 2 tests for alcohol. If the last failed test was due to a low level of alcohol i'd look on that offence leniently.

However, after a certain number of failed tests players get a 1 year ban. This is Gordon's 2nd suspension after serving a 1 year ban. I'm not really in favour of bans decreasing in severity just because the player has served a lot of them. Gordon has missed less than a year since his last failed test.

The PED test failure is more serious. This is cheating to get a roster spot ahead of someone who is clean. I hope Gordon is forced to miss significant time for the PED offence. I wouldn't be unhappy if the NFL was permanently done with Gordon, but it won't be. I expect Gordon to play again this year, and fail another test later in the season. meh.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe soon

Seahawks re-signed WR Josh Gordon to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Gordon is currently suspended for violating both the league's substance-abuse and PED policies but is awaiting results from the league after applying for reinstatement. The 29-year-old merely saw 11 targets in five games (and 39% snaps) with the Seahawks last year but does offer a veteran presence behind both Tyler Lockett and D.K. Metcalf. Serving his sixth suspension since 2013, Gordon remains a risky flier in the final rounds of any format.:suds:

Can you be called a veteran presence when most of your time has been suspended

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. The way I understand it is since he was suspended on the old policy, he's still subject to the old policy.
Wow didn’t know this. Fastforward explained it pretty well right after your post.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he seriuosly has been trying.
Becuse he was not supported in college, life, etc.
Give him chances as long as he is seeking help.....
im not saying he shouldnt get it. But others are doing what they should too

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY, that dude is a talent, but he's gotta stay clean or it won't matter... Glad he's back, having him and DK is a dam dangerous combo, and when Josh left last year you could tell our offense was a little less potent...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed should be legal

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Josh, smoke a doobie before playing. Like good ol’ Ricky Williams. We used to play Rugby, completely hungover. In fact, a pint of brew and a doobie made it painless.
Tongue in cheek comment, but true.