• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Love Time?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Packers not making post season is it finally Jordan Love time?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undisputed talking about it right now.....

Granted the Packers shot themselves in the foot with all the money they gave to Rodgers.

Love looked good when he came in last night.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would if I was green Bay, more to see what they have in Love than anything

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would if I was green Bay, more to see what they have in Love than anything

Exactly. They have to know what he is so they either pay him or draft another QB

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this here on October 17th - the day after the game versus the Jets:

This right here... the offensive line. ...as in... adjective: causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying

This team looks very similar to McCarthy's last year - 2018. That year...
  • the offensive line was offensive
  • MVS and St. Brown were heavily-relied on rookies who were not running the crisp routes Rodgers expected
  • Rodgers took 49 sacks "holding onto the ball too long"
  • Rodgers did not trust his offensive line or receivers and tried to do too much himself - including repeatedly trying to get large chunks of yardage that wasn't there - particularly annoyingly on 3rd/4th & short.
  • The Packers went 6-9-1 after starting the season 3-2-1 through six games.
As of this moment, I would be in favor of giving Jordan Love the ball and see what he does with it.
  • Love is younger, more mobile and can take hits better than Rodgers can.
  • Love is much more likely to actually run the plays LaFleur calls instead of improvising into trying to do too much himself.
  • Ultimately, I think Love would be more of a team player because he doesn't have the "football master" chip on his shoulder Rodgers does and might unify the group. The way it seems now... Rodgers: "obey me!" ...maybe with Love: "alright, we're in this together, let's do it!"

If Rodgers is medically cleared to play, he's going to play; but my preference has been for a while now to give the rest of the season to Love.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Rodgers wants one more year

I also wonder if GB wants him back.

The big advantage of young QB is rookie scale contract, gb wasted that with love. I would assume gb will pick up 5 th year option.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Rodgers wants one more year

I also wonder if GB wants him back.

The big advantage of young QB is rookie scale contract, gb wasted that with love. I would assume gb will pick up 5 th year option.

I guarantee you that Green Bay FO is regretting signing him to the deal they gave him last year. 2021 he was an MVP type of player. This year he is just ho-hum. They would happily move on from him and to Love if Rodgers contract didnt MAJORLY complicate the situation.

Green Bay flat out can not cut Rodgers. Cap hit is too high. They can trade him though. But the question now becomes whether another team would want to take him on (I would think they could find a taker....but wont get back a lot in compensation now. Sort of a Matt Ryan type of trade).

The other problem is that they have to grant the 5th year option to Love before next year even starts. And it would mean guaranteeing him around $20M for one season. They cant do that unless they know they wont have Rodgers on the roster that 2024 season.

Long and short is that one of the two guys is getting traded this coming offseason.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long and short is that one of the two guys is getting traded this coming offseason.
Rodgers has been frustrated and physically abused this year. There's an increasing chance he retires after this season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of works out for the Packers if they want to get a better look at Love in real action. I'm guessing Rodgers will be out for a bit and they can see what Love really is in a game or 2 or 5....so we'll see what happens

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Did Rodgers fall off a cliff or something? WTF happened?

Not really. It started off not so well against the Vikings, some shit games then a broken thumb in England and here were are with a core injury. Whatever....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undisputed talking about it right now.....

Granted the Packers shot themselves in the foot with all the money they gave to Rodgers.

Love looked good when he came in last night.
Maybe Tom Brady created unrealistic expectations about QB longevity.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the situation GB wanted to be in but with them pretty much out of the playoff picture, Rodgers very banged up (not ideal for an older QB) it's kind of a win/win for GB right now to get the opportunity to start Love... They now get to evaluate his play on the field in real time... They get to see how he prepares for the games as a starting QB and how he executes the game plan for the week... This is their chance to see if they have their future QB or not... Perfect timing with him coming to the end of his rookie contract... They do have the decision at whether or not they'll agree to the 5th year option or not, which is probably a guarantee at this point due to the investment they made into J. Love...

Of course, GB doesn't want to be in this situation but it's definitely a perfect time to see what their future looks like...