• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Hill

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know squat about Jordan Hill before the draft and frankly I've always found it hard to scout DT. However watching this game against Wisconsin Hill looks good. Shows great hands and hustle.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk about Michael and some of the other picks, I feel like the Hill pick has kinda gone unnoticed. I thought it was a solid pick at a need position, but we won't really know until he gets a chance to play.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love getting the two big uglies. He and the Manimal from Oklahoma will solidify our interior dline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came from an exceptional front 7 at Penn St. That coaching was very good despite the controversy at the beginning of the season and all those upper-classmen transferring. That was a great game. He played very well against that potent Wisconsin offense who had a few future NFL starters played. I see a similarity to maybe Rocky Bernard? I like the pick. I like the pick alot.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed they only ran to his gap like 2 or 3 times and each time he stuffed it at the LOS. Not sure if that was happenstance or by design, but it seems like they were trying to avoid his area.

Also love the high-low technique he uses to stand up the center by punching the shoulder pads and then come under one side of him to bust through to the QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed!

Hey Field Gulls posted an article on Hill. They call him one of the best rushing DT in the draft, with better #s then some bigger name DTs.
I'm getting the feeling that Pete and JS have done it again! Drafted a player that us average joe fan go "who's that" and then you get to watch him play and ah haw now I get it...this guy is good!
Anyway here's the link to the Field Gull article.

Head over Heels for Jordan Hill - Field Gulls

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who is going to replace Leroy hill?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jordan was a great pickup and is probably one of the kids out of this draft that will stick this year. If you didn't hear his interview on KJR you missed out. He was asked a few questions about his choice to stay at PSU and maybe what he learned from it and he just had great answers. The whole interview made you just hungry to see the kid get out there in the fall and show what he has.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is to be decided. Most likely Malcolm Smith, but you have Mike Morgan,Korrey Toomer and now Ty Powell perhaps.

Also there has been talk of using Avril and Irvin at linebackers on some plays. Antoine Winfield when on the field will replace a LB.

I was really surprise that the Seahawks didn't draft someone like Arthur Brown. I just can not wait to see how the defense shakes out. I think were in for some surprises.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm may turn out to be good, but he had a hard time staying healthy last year. I was really hoping for him to beat out Leroy Hill last year, because Leroy had slowed down some. It didn't happen, so the competition is on. Keep an eye out for John Lotulelei , he just may turn out to be another JS gem.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the draft is what we have to talk about until camp opens, so bare with me.

Hey, Harold just flashed me...
Apparently we're all going streakin'...
Harold, you need to take me to Dinner and a Movie first...
Yea, let's moon all the Niner fans...
All right Harold, no more beers for you...
:yahoo: <--- Harold and his underpants...
Harold that is not a 'terrible towel', put your shorts back on...

Sorry all, just couldn't help myself.
Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Harold just flashed me...
Apparently we're all going streakin'...
Harold, you need to take me to Dinner and a Movie first...
Yea, let's moon all the Niner fans...
All right Harold, no more beers for you...
:yahoo: <--- Harold and his underpants...
Harold that is not a 'terrible towel', put your shorts back on...

Sorry all, just couldn't help myself.
Q

rofl @terrible towel :laugh3:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you might see a combination of things. To sort of add to what other posters have mentioned in here I really do believe the Seahawks will run a lot more nickel packages since Antonio Winfield is so good against the run.

When you have two such outstanding run defending defensive backs such as Winfield and Chancellor I have to imagine with the deficiency at linebacker the Seahawks will compensate by having Winfield on the field quite frequently. That way it allows the Seahawks to have their best players out on the field.