• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Clarkson, rookie of the Lakers

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this kid. I've said it the moment Kobe got hurt, I said he needs to be the one that steps up and Lord knows he have. This kid is gutless. What I love about him the most, is that he isn't afraid to step up in the clutch. Everytime the Lakers need a basket, there he goes taking it to rim. I can't remember the last time the Lakers had a rookie that was good enough to be a major factor. Tonight, he has 7/5/5 in just 9 minutes so far. With him, the salary cap room, Randel coming back, and the high draft pick( hopefully Okafor or Townes), I love our future.

My question is, do people know about Clarkson because I don't here too many people talking about him outside of LA? He should make 1st team All Rookie.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this kid. I've said it the moment Kobe got hurt, I said he needs to be the one that steps up and Lord knows he have. This kid is gutless. What I love about him the most, is that he isn't afraid to step up in the clutch. Everytime the Lakers need a basket, there he goes taking it to rim. I can't remember the last time the Lakers had a rookie that was good enough to be a major factor. Tonight, he has 7/5/5 in just 9 minutes so far. With him, the salary cap room, Randel coming back, and the high draft pick( hopefully Okafor or Townes), I love our future.

My question is, do people know about Clarkson because I don't here too many people talking about him outside of LA? He should make 1st team All Rookie.
The Lakers are trying to develop him for next year - they intend for him to play the point according to the Los Angeles Times. It is my understanding that Steve Nash has been working with him. If they can do this, then the Lakers wouldn't have to pay top dollar for a player like Rondo.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Rondo!!!

I forgot to mention that he's been working with Nash. You see Dwight, working with Nash isn't a bad thing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Rondo!!!

I forgot to mention that he's been working with Nash. You see Dwight, working with Nash isn't a bad thing.
Nash has been about the best point guard in the NBA since Magic Johnson. If he can personally develop a point guard for the Lakers - it is indeed a good thing. What I don't like about Rondo - is his age. Dragic kind of older to. The Lakers aren't going anywhere next season any way, so they might as well develop Clarkson and a few others. Then in two or three years they will be like the Warriors now with a good chance

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Rondo!!!

The last PG drafted in the second round that Nash took under his wing was Goran Dragic. I've always like Clarkson, I was shocked when he fell to the second round.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last PG drafted in the second round that Nash took under his wing was Goran Dragic. I've always like Clarkson, I was shocked when he fell to the second round.

I didn't know too much about him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not getting a lot of run outside of L.A. right now because he's playing on a team that's 20-54. Because of that, the media (outside of L.A.) isn't paying a lot of attention to him. You can bet that the rest of the NBA knows about him and there are probably a lot of GM's watching him play and going ":L Why didn't I grab that kid when I had a chance?"

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Clarkson before it was cool

I was also surprised he didnt go top 20 last year

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be interesting if we fall into the 3 or 4 spot, because you can't pass on mudiay or my personal favorite D'angelo Russell

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be interesting if we fall into the 3 or 4 spot, because you can't pass on mudiay or my personal favorite D'angelo Russell

Maybe, but I still think Clarkson is more a 2 anyway so it shouldn't be much trouble playing with either

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I still think Clarkson is more a 2 anyway so it shouldn't be much trouble playing with either
Maybe so, but I'm not sure how it would all work out. Let's just hope we somehow luck into the 1 or 2 spot

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Okafor and Townes guaranteed, to go #1 and #2?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I seen some mock drafts that got Okafor going 3rd

Where? Pretty much everything I've seen has Okafor and Towns going 1-2… it's like how Wiggins-Parker were last year… everyone knew they were going first and second just not which order.

Any team that passes up on one of those big men with a top 2 pick should have their GM and scouting department fired immediately.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Pretty much everything I've seen has Okafor and Towns going 1-2… it's like how Wiggins-Parker were last year… everyone knew they were going first and second just not which order.

Any team that passes up on one of those big men with a top 2 pick should have their GM and scouting department fired immediately.

It depends on what a team needs or feels they can address via FA. If a team has the #1 pick and feels that they can address the need for a big, in FA, then they may go after a guy like Mudiay.

Example, if the Lakers landed the #1 pick and felt they had a great shot at landing Gasol or Monroe or someone, then it may make more sense to draft Mudiay.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what a team needs or feels they can address via FA. If a team has the #1 pick and feels that they can address the need for a big, in FA, then they may go after a guy like Mudiay.

Example, if the Lakers landed the #1 pick and felt they had a great shot at landing Gasol or Monroe or someone, then it may make more sense to draft Mudiay.

If they get the #1 pick and pass over Towns/Okafor to take a guard, fire everyone in the front office and have the Buss Family sell the team. Those guards are good but the league is littered with guards. Front court players are harder to come by

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do the lakers even give boozer minutes? going nowhere and he is awful

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Clarkson has definitely flashed some ability- and that while he is def not a pure point guard- he shows some very good "combo" guard skills. As a starter- i think you probably need to play him with a pass first point guard- and that point guard would have to have size and play solid defense if Clarkson was to play the 2- a MCW type-

One thing when projecting Clarkson you have to remember is he played a lot of years in college- he will be 23 before this season wraps up- some of the guys taken in the draft like the Marcus Smarts of the world or and Dante Exums of the world - other PGs in the draft are 2 or even 3 years younger. (to put in perspective this is Kyrie's 4th year in the league and he is 3 months older than Clarkson)

As a multi-year college player Clarkson came in better prepared to have immediate success but without the athletic talent and high upside of the high lotto picks like Smart, Exum etc.- that right now he is out performing.

You have to love how he has gotten better each month- and has really good size.

Having siad that I think Clarkson has a future- with his ideal role on a good team being a spark-plug scorer off the bench like a Waiters or Crawford- instant offense- that can run some point for a while and run the offense. HE could of course be better than that (or worse)- but i think thats the most realistic ideal place for him- we shall see

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think "gutless" was the word you were looking for as :

gut·less
ˈɡətləs/
adjective
informal
  1. lacking courage or determination.
perhaps fearless? clutch?-----

if you went to THE Ohio State University instead of USC perhaps you would have caught that? (just kidding, mostly!)