• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones, Garrett and The Lack of Leadership

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess? If it weren't for cliff notes, you wouldn't have a clue

Your opinions are worthless........no details or facts......
You're just a self appointed authority (jerk)of this board,who has opinions with no substance and no factual backing.
Why don't you create another post comparing COWBOY players of different eras?
You just hate facts......they confuse your idea of reality.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summarized from the Norm Hitzges rant. Did he get it wrong? He is a Cowboys announcer!
Summarized from a rant??? Yeah those are usually accurate. Jerry has been more hands off about what happens during the game than he has since Parcells was here. To say he is "coaching" the team is asinine regardless the source...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just a self appointed authority (jerk)of this board,who has opinions with no substance and no factual backing.
LOL...you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you square in the nose
your shit remains tiresome, but hey....that's just my opinion, I'm sure your mother loves you

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you square in the nose
your shit remains tiresome, but hey....that's just my opinion, I'm sure your mother loves you

You're full of opinions.....that have no basis in stats or facts.....whatever. It actually takes a little effort to use posts with facts and stats. But it's easier for you to post blah, ba blah, opinion, whatever.

see also ; megalomania

and oh by the way....nobody said you had to respond to my posts

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Facts? LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize losing causes "issues" with players and coaches. But when the COWBOY players hear two different voices speaking (or maybe the wrong one) (and Jones shouldn't be speaking at all), there are mixed messages. Jones is full of PR BS and Garrett sees no evil. The COWBOYS need a strong central voice of leadership from their head coach. We don't need to hear Garrett say, "we need to look at the game tape and go back to work and correct these things." He needs to blow a fuse.
His "rah rah attitude" ain't working too well. I've always thought hiring Garrett was a mistake. But then again, we all know Jerry doesn't want a true leader. Switzer,Campo,Gailey,Phillips,Garrett
which part of all this is a fact?
garrett bad coach or jerry doesn't want a true leader.
I'll vote part B and tip my cap at your profound knowledge of all things cowbys

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with Garrett is, he was offensive coordinator for the COWBOYS since 2007.
When Romo played a 16 game schedule(in those years) , he averaged 555 passing attempts per season....One season he actually attempted 648 passes.......Garrett was calling those plays in those seasons.
Last season when Linehan was calling the plays, Romo threw for an Aikman-like 435 passing attempts....
The offense was 52% run and 48% pass.........a 1990's COWBOY'S formula for winning...
What prompted the change in the offense, after 6 years of a Garrett offense?
My guess is, Garrett was visited by three ghosts at midnight, on Christmas eve or Scott Linehan

serious facts here

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rant which really sounds like a scripted event is done from his radio "show" correct? ....shows need to do things to drive ratings ...correct? And we all know facts and ratings go together like water and oil.

If this was a "one off" thing than maybe a bunch of unfounded accusations would have some value but he did the same thing in 2013. See below.

He probally goes off a bit every year for a quick ratings bump.

Oddly the rant for 2014 is missing ... gee i wounder why.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rant which really sounds like a scripted event is done from his radio "show" correct? ....shows need to do things to drive ratings ...correct? And we all know facts and ratings go together like water and oil.

If this was a "one off" thing than maybe a bunch of unfounded accusations would have some value but he did the same thing in 2013. See below.

He probally goes off a bit every year for a quick ratings bump.

Oddly the rant for 2014 is missing ... gee i wounder why.

I guess like the rest of us he was happy at the teams direction. He probably toasted Jerry Manager of the Year award, and called for Garrett to be CotY. He's fickle enough to be posting here on the hoop.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize losing causes "issues" with players and coaches. But when the COWBOY players hear two different voices speaking (or maybe the wrong one) (and Jones shouldn't be speaking at all), there are mixed messages. Jones is full of PR BS and Garrett sees no evil. The COWBOYS need a strong central voice of leadership from their head coach. We don't need to hear Garrett say, "we need to look at the game tape and go back to work and correct these things." He needs to blow a fuse.
His "rah rah attitude" ain't working too well. I've always thought hiring Garrett was a mistake. But then again, we all know Jerry doesn't want a true leader. Switzer,Campo,Gailey,Phillips,Garrett

Bringing back an oldy but a goody:pound::pound::pound:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh lmao I was reading this thread thinking “why the hell ppl talking about Demarco Murray??” And praising Jason Garrett calling him a good coach? It wasn’t till the end of the first page I realized this was from ‘15 :L

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. This thread is 4 years old and the same issues are being discussed.

As a long suffering victim of Al Davis' descent into madness, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult period.

Just hope JJ doesn't hire Hue Jackson.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. This thread is 4 years old and the same issues are being discussed.

As a long suffering victim of Al Davis' descent into madness, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult period.

Just hope JJ doesn't hire Hue Jackson.

I’m reasonable confident even Jerrah isn’t that desperate, Dole.