• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones, Garrett and The Lack of Leadership

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize losing causes "issues" with players and coaches. But when the COWBOY players hear two different voices speaking (or maybe the wrong one) (and Jones shouldn't be speaking at all), there are mixed messages. Jones is full of PR BS and Garrett sees no evil. The COWBOYS need a strong central voice of leadership from their head coach. We don't need to hear Garrett say, "we need to look at the game tape and go back to work and correct these things." He needs to blow a fuse.
His "rah rah attitude" ain't working too well. I've always thought hiring Garrett was a mistake. But then again, we all know Jerry doesn't want a true leader. Switzer,Campo,Gailey,Phillips,Garrett

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old Garrett...."Blah,blah,blah"

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Garrett isn't the problem..

Comical.....he is NOT the biggest problem that distinction goes to Jerrah Jones, he who emasculates his coaches and takes chances on injured players or players that belong in a psyche ward, but he is a MAJOR problem. He is the head coach, one with an offensive background mind you who can't get his loaded team to win one single game out of 7 without Romo when he has one of the best offensive lines in the game, one of the best tight ends in the game, and allegedley three solid receivers. This organization stinks to the core.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comical.....he is NOT the biggest problem that distinction goes to Jerrah Jones, he who emasculates his coaches and takes chances on injured players or players that belong in a psyche ward, but he is a MAJOR problem. He is the head coach, one with an offensive background mind you who can't get his loaded team to win one single game out of 7 without Romo when he has one of the best offensive lines in the game, one of the best tight ends in the game, and allegedley three solid receivers. This organization stinks to the core.
You couldn't be farther off. Garrett is a class act, and has the team a reversed call from the NFC Championship game last season. It wasn't his fault Murray, who led the NFL in rushing wasn't resigned. It wasn't his fault he spent most of the season without his Pro Bowl QB and WR, and his best defender Sean Lee. He tries to institute a foundation of character and hard work around guys like Romo, Witten and Lee, and then not only is a great guy who gave his heart and soul not resigned in Murray, but Jones cuts Garretts nuts off by signing a cancer like Hardy .

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Jerry Jones is the root of the problem........no doubt.......But Garrett has to instill some fear into his players.....His post game conferences are mind numbing...The Landry Hat has two articles on Garrett.

This whole deal works out great for both Jones and Garrett......Garrett has the injuries as an excuse......Jones doesn't fire Garrett because of last season. And Jones won't fire Garrett because that would prove, Jones the GM was wrong again. And the owner would have to fire the GM.

And the window keeps closing on Romo ,Witten, and Bryant

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Jerry Jones is the root of the problem........no doubt.......But Garrett has to instill some fear into his players.....His post game conferences are mind numbing...The Landry Hat has two articles on Garrett.

This whole deal works out great for both Jones and Garrett......Garrett has the injuries as an excuse......Jones doesn't fire Garrett because of last season. And Jones won't fire Garrett because that would prove, Jones the GM was wrong again. And the owner would have to fire the GM.

And the window keeps closing on Romo ,Witten, and Bryant
Interesting thing about Tom Landry....if he were coaching today, and had the same start to his career record wise, would he have ever held a job more than a few years?(1st 5 seasons...18-46) It takes time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your son in your Avi UK??? I'm noticing the New Balance spikes. They seem to be a trend that is starting

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never hear about lack of leadership unless a team is losing. We're stuck with Jerry until he's six feet under. Might as well get used to it. He will live to be 200.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, things will be better with Stephen. I mean, he learned form the best in the business. What could possibly go wrong?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize losing causes "issues" with players and coaches. But when the COWBOY players hear two different voices speaking (or maybe the wrong one) (and Jones shouldn't be speaking at all), there are mixed messages. Jones is full of PR BS and Garrett sees no evil. The COWBOYS need a strong central voice of leadership from their head coach. We don't need to hear Garrett say, "we need to look at the game tape and go back to work and correct these things." He needs to blow a fuse.
His "rah rah attitude" ain't working too well. I've always thought hiring Garrett was a mistake. But then again, we all know Jerry doesn't want a true leader. Switzer,Campo,Gailey,Phillips,Garrett
At least Barry Switzer coached the Cowboys to a Super Bowl win.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Barry Switzer coached the Cowboys to a Super Bowl win.

IMO, Switzer is one of the best football coaches of all time. Not sure why more Cowboys fans don't feel the same way.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Switzer is one of the best football coaches of all time. Not sure why more Cowboys fans don't feel the same way.
Many Cowboys fans are still bitter over the way Jones replaced Johnson with Switzer. Barry wasn't embraced by the fans.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer got to drive Jimmy Johnson's Ferrari.

"Any 1 of 500 coaches could coach this team". Barry was 501. The 1995 COWBOYS won Super Bowl XXX in spite of Switzer, not because of him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Switzer was the reason we drafted Murray.