• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Lester a Giant?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a subsequent trade, as tz suggested, one of the two would need to move.

Honest question that I am not sure any of us can answer...

Does Panik have the arm for 3B? I trust he has the reaction ability for it, he showed some nice reactions this past year at 2B (that play in Game 7 was flat out amazing).

I think he does. Wasn't he a shortstop in college and in the Minors? You need a better arm at Short, in my opinion, than you do at Third.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does. Wasn't he a shortstop in college and in the Minors? You need a better arm at Short, in my opinion, than you do at Third.

He was a SS in college but was pretty unanimous amongst scouts/reports that he needed to be moved to 2B because he didn't have great arm strength

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link? What I read was "we weren't allowed to make our final offer" and "6 years/$150M".

Don't feed the troll -- here's what Bobby Evans said:

Question: For the record, do you think you could have had him if you went to 168 (million)?

Evans: Well, they never specified what the amount would need to be, but there was a strong indication that, and it wasn't a commitment but a strong indication, that if we went to the seventh year, or any team would go to the seventh year, that could be the difference in acquiring the player, yes. We couldn't get over that hump, we couldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Question: It had been reported that it seems that the California tax had played a role into this. How much do you think that played a role in Lester's decision?

Evans: It's hard to say. I'm sure it was a factor. I think that there's a way to evaluate these deals on some level of even-playing field from a tax. They could have asked, 'Hey, even it out by being at this level and we're good.'

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feed the troll -- here's what Bobby Evans said:

Question: For the record, do you think you could have had him if you went to 168 (million)?

Evans: Well, they never specified what the amount would need to be, but there was a strong indication that, and it wasn't a commitment but a strong indication, that if we went to the seventh year, or any team would go to the seventh year, that could be the difference in acquiring the player, yes. We couldn't get over that hump, we couldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Question: It had been reported that it seems that the California tax had played a role into this. How much do you think that played a role in Lester's decision?

Evans: It's hard to say. I'm sure it was a factor. I think that there's a way to evaluate these deals on some level of even-playing field from a tax. They could have asked, 'Hey, even it out by being at this level and we're good.'

Guys, give Droider a break. He is swinging a bit, but if you actually read what he has posted, he hasn't said anything that many of us haven't said ourselves to a certain degree (and some of us have been even more critical). Just because he doesn't have the Giants listed as one of his 3, I THINK (I could be mistaken) he is posting as a fan. Just a critical fan.

This forum won't grow if we eat every new poster who ever shows up. Feel free to be critical of their points. But hold off on the "troll" tag just because they say something you don't necessarily agree with. Some on this board have tested THOSE limits further than any "troll" ever could...

[/MOD SPEAK]

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Headley brings equivalent numbers to Panda.........at about 1/2 the price.

Morse shouldn't cost much.

And, yes, I would rather have Peavy or Vogelsong over Santana as well. But, it doesn't seem to me that is the direction the Giants are going.

Funny, we did pretty well last season with a Headley equivalent, 2 Santana equivalents and Morse.....

But, then again, you strike me as a know it all a$$hole, so I won't even bother.

Go Giants!

That's exactly how tzill strikes me as well, very well said. Kudos for saying what everyone else thinks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how tzill strikes me as well, very well said. Kudos for saying what everyone else thinks.

Aww...you got yer panties knotted up because you got pwnd for being a hypocritical toolish troll. And now you're flailing about trying to divert attention.

Cute little trollish move, but it won't play.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Headley brings equivalent numbers to Panda.........at about 1/2 the price.

And, yes, I would rather have Peavy or Vogelsong over Santana as well. But, it doesn't seem to me that is the direction the Giants are going.

Funny, we did pretty well last season with a Headley equivalent, 2 Santana equivalents and Morse.....

But, then again, you strike me as a know it all a$$hole, so I won't even bother.

Go Giants!

I still can't figure out where you went left turn on this post. My response to your post was that getting Headley, Morse, and Santana would be an awful offseason. I gave my reasons (Headley overpriced, Morse awful defender, Santana would cost a draft pick and not better than Peavy or Vogey) and your response is "you're an asshole."

Just odd, man. Just odd.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read too much into your capitalization of AWFUL. I kinda took that personal, as if I was suggesting those would be the transactions I would make.

Lost in translation I guess. I retract the A bomb, and squash it right there.

I am getting a little nervous that we are going to flat out punt the chance at defending in '15.....perhaps that had something to do with it as well.

Either way, my bad.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Giants!

I read too much into your capitalization of AWFUL. I kinda took that personal, as if I was suggesting those would be the transactions I would make.

Lost in translation I guess. I retract the A bomb, and squash it right there.

I am getting a little nervous that we are going to flat out punt the chance at defending in '15.....perhaps that had something to do with it as well.

Either way, my bad.

Dude, no worries. Just so you know I (and most of us, most of the time) don't get personal with what we disagree with. The rare times we do, it's fairly obvious. Anyway, we are all good.

I don't think we'll punt. I fully expect Big Game James.